Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best way to learn spss

• 28-08-2008 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

what is the best way to learn spss quicker i have a lot of trouble with it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

spss can be a pain but with practice you can get the hang of it. There are a number of books that clearly outline the statistical theory behind each procedure and show you the step by step method to conducting an analysis. Follow the guidelines and practice until you feel comfortable. That's maybe not the answer you were looking for but it's how I managed to figure it all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Cinful

Got a friend that knows? Skip books. Ask for help. Learn by doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

Cinful wrote: »
    Got a friend that knows? Skip books. Ask for help. Learn by doing.

+1 - also, quite a lot of useful stuff on the web - other university's web notes and examples. Google 'SPSS' and 'easy' and 'examples'. When I was learning how to use SPSS, I slavishly followed all the procedures for the examples until I could grasp the basics. I ended up teaching other undergrads in my year and it sank in so well afterwards that it was a breeze :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

From the resources sticky:

http://www.statisticshell.com/rm2.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

p.pete wrote: »
    From the resources sticky:

http://www.statisticshell.com/rm2.html

+1 Fields is a great teacher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

"SPSS for dummies" is quite good too.

I think learning the actual statistical theories will help you a lot too.

Advertisement