Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a guitar from ISHIBASHI?

• 06-11-2005 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭

hey guys,

just wondering if any of ye bought a guitar from ishibashi internet shop in japan,
    guitars seem very cheap but i can't work out if they deliver to europe or not and can't locate an e-mail address on their site to contact them,they got Gibson les paul customs for bout 850e,any advice would be greatly appreciated,thank you in advance:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I know of a few people that have indeed ordered from Ishibashi, and have been very happy with the service. So, yeah, they do deliver to europe. Have a look in the instruments resource sticky, you should find something there about a contact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

hey guys,

just wondering if any of ye bought a guitar from ishibashi internet shop in japan,
    guitars seem very cheap but i can't work out if they deliver to europe or not and can't locate an e-mail address on their site to contact them,they got Gibson les paul customs for bout 850e,any advice would be greatly appreciated,thank you in advance:

Yup got a fretless Jazz Bass off them a year ago, they do deliver to Europe but shipping is around 100 euro, also theres custom duties to be paid on top of all that, but shipping takes a week and Koichi (their english speaking rep, sound girl) is bang on! You can e-mail them at web-shop@ishibashi.co.jp telling them what you want and they will setup a secure online ordering page for you :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

i bought my tokai from them a few weeks ago. Top class service, They handle everything. go for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

As above. Ishibashi are fantastic to deal with. Check the import duty calculator in the Instrument Resources sticky to get an idea of the full cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Thanks very much for the advice guys relly apreciate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Dont be tempted by Gibson. Tokai is the way forward. Their guitars are in many cases superior to current Gibson classic/standard models. They are much more accurate to the legendary 59 model and they cost about half the price. With Gibson you just really pay for the name. I'd seriously consider getting one of those instead and get yourself a better guitar for your money. A good few people here can vouch for just how good Tokais are. If you want more info let me know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Another hands up for Tokai here. I've got one of their PRS Copies, and it's a swish guitar altogether.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

i got a love rock goldtop with P90's and its SAVAGE altogether tbh...end of:D :D lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

I got my 75 Jazz Bass from them. Top class service all the way!!! Highly recommend!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Yeeaarrgghh, how do I get the site into English, and prices in € ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Use xe.com to change yen to euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

The website its kinda impossible to use but you can deal with them mostly over email.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

deal with them over e-mail. ten times handier. Tokais are the way forward!

Advertisement