Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you become an art therapist?

• 11-08-2007 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

I am interested in becoming an art therapist but am having difficulty finding any info on the net about art therapy in Ireland? Does anyone know what courses are available. I already have a degree in Graphic design, which includes rather extensive art training.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

i started a thread on this a little while ago. as far as i know CIT in cor do it and so do Queens in Belfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Rubberbandits

What are the employment prospects like for art therapy? I heard the py is good but jobs are scarce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

no, Id say there is good jobs pros for art therapy.I know many who would use it,
    Cathy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Yellow belly

Crawford College of Art and Design (part of UCC) also offer Art therapy courses - I recently did their summer workshop and thought it was very useful...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭great unwashed

I am interested in becoming an art therapist but am having difficulty finding any info on the net about art therapy in Ireland? Does anyone know what courses are available. I already have a degree in Graphic design, which includes rather extensive art training.

Is it necessary to have a degree to do it do you know? or could i get away with a portfolio and a B.A. in philosphy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

in cork you need a degree in psychology with a good portfolio or a art degree. thats what a guidence coucillor told me but that was 3 years ago.

Advertisement