Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

jubella wrote: »
    It says I'll be asked to enter my SUSI number if I do that though, and I won't have one!

You can't apply to SUSI without having an application number, it's the first thing they give you. Open your online application and it should be there. I think they all start with W but that could just be last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,813 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Has anyone tried registering, and couldn't get past the "Rules and Regulations" page?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

GarIT wrote: »
    You can't apply to SUSI without having an application number, it's the first thing they give you. Open your online application and it should be there. I think they all start with W but that could just be last year.

I get my grant through the county council though, and I won't be going through SUSI at all.
    Sure I'll see tomorrow if there's any complications anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Has anyone tried registering, and couldn't get past the "Rules and Regulations" page?

Well it's not open until tomorrow at 10am so I can't imagine anyone getting very far with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

LAWDS.

Confused as fudge about this registration tomorrow for 2nd year and i've a couple of questions if ye wouldn't mind clearing them up for me?
    1. Do we have to pay the Student levy when you're a continuing student? And how much is it?
    2. Do you have to pay this levy during registration? (online)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

I would like to punch the social welfare and Trinity admissions office in their respective faces. My grant documents were supposed to be in by the 20th August and they STILL haven't sent out the documentation I need. Grr.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭TheBody

I would like to punch the social welfare and Trinity admissions office in their respective faces. My grant documents were supposed to be in by the 20th August and they STILL haven't sent out the documentation I need. Grr.

Trinity admissions???:confused::confused::confused: You know this is the Maynooth forum??

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

LAWDS.

Confused as fudge about this registration tomorrow for 2nd year and i've a couple of questions if ye wouldn't mind clearing them up for me?
    1. Do we have to pay the Student levy when you're a continuing student? And how much is it?
    2. Do you have to pay this levy during registration? (online)
    1. Yes, it's 100 euro this year :mad:
    2. Yes registration isn't complete without paying it.

I get my grant through the county council though, and I won't be going through SUSI at all.
    Sure I'll see tomorrow if there's any complications anyway!
    If you're still wondering, I rang the fees office today and they said if you were a grant holder last year through your council, it won't ask for your SUSI number and you just pay the levy.

Planemo wrote: »
    If you're still wondering, I rang the fees office today and they said if you were a grant holder last year through your council, it won't ask for your SUSI number and you just pay the levy.

Thanks, but the issue is further complicated because I deferred last year! Good to know though, thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

TheBody wrote: »
    Trinity admissions???:confused::confused::confused: You know this is the Maynooth forum??

Past student, need a letter to say I went there!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭TheBody

Past student, need a letter to say I went there!

Ah!! You obviously saw the error of your ways!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

1. Yes, it's 100 euro this year :mad:
    2. Yes registration isn't complete without paying it.

Gr8. Won't be registering for another while so, bank balance is circling around 13 euro these days. :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Gr8. Won't be registering for another while so, bank balance is circling around 13 euro these days. :(

I'm pretty sure that you can do all your other registration without actually paying the levy. I could be wrong though.

Is it not that you can register without paying but you wont have moodle or library access until it's paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

When do we have to register and pay that 100 quid by? I'm still waiting for a letter to see if I got my internal transfer!?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

marko93 wrote: »
    When do we have to register and pay that 100 quid by? I'm still waiting for a letter to see if I got my internal transfer!?

By the 30th of September.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Is it not that you can register without paying but you wont have moodle or library access until it's paid?

Yea I think so. You have to have all fees, levies and contributions paid before you can get that (or a grant acceptance letter). But I'd recommend registering tomorrow anyway if you have any elective modules because you could risk them filling up if you don't.

Boeing777 wrote: »
    By the 30th of September.

Ahhh that's graaaaand! Cheers ^_^

First time I actually have a choice in picking modules (biology), I have a feeling the one that doesn't involve plants is gonna fill up fast :pac:

• Advertisement

This was the first time I ever had a choice in modules... So exciting!
    Then I saw the choice was between International Finance or Financial Crises and Regulation... Not so exciting :(

I assume I'm all registered now... I didn't get a 'finished' screen or anything... When I paid the €100 it just went back to the payment screen again!?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

What does it mean if admissions ring your house phone and tell you theres a letter after being posted to you and to ring them when you get it? :confused:

For the first time in my University life, I am actually looking forward to going back to Maynooth..

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭TO_ARTHUR!

deise_girl wrote: »
    What does it mean if admissions ring your house phone and tell you theres a letter after being posted to you and to ring them when you get it? :confused:

It means if you should ring admissions when you get that letter:)

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

Okay I just registered without paying €100. I have access to my personalized timetable meaning that I am kinda registered but I have no moodle access (no modules are there). I guess I will have full access as soon as I will pay my €100

Paczini wrote: »
    Okay I just registered without paying €100. I have access to my personalized timetable meaning that I am kinda registered but I have no moodle access (no modules are there). I guess I will have full access as soon as I will pay my €100

I've paid the €100 and I've no modules on moodle yet... It's still on 2012/13 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Beware

Ugh, I can't register! It won't go past the first step! And I've tried to ring Maynooth, and there's no answer :( .

I've paid the €100 and I've no modules on moodle yet... It's still on 2012/13 for me.
    On your current moodle homepage change the URL to 2014

Can't access any of my modules cos they all need enrollment keys. Is it like that for anyone else?

On your current moodle homepage change the URL to 2014

Can't access any of my modules cos they all need enrollment keys. Is it like that for anyone else?

Ah thank you! Well there's still no modules there for me anyway - when I search for my course it needs an enrollment key

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭ Wayne Scary Balance

There won't be any lectures up anyway. You lot are very eager.

Advertisement