Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Ah poor Sammy! Lucy was the same after her visits with her paw - slept on top of me and nearly killed me with the heat of her! :p

Bailey is going back today - I've never dealt with an infection before. Normally they get a cut or in our case have surgery and it just heals as normal. This thing is still oozing and gross after 2 and half days so need an opinion from a nurse/vet on what to do next.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    Had to take Sammy to the vet on Saturday for his shots and it was really traumatic getting him into the carrier. I tried luring him in with treats, bird videos on the iPad mini, coaxing and pleading... no luck. Finally I had to just corner him and pick him up and shove him in there. He was mewing loudly and terrified. It was awful :( I was worried that when I brought him home he would revert to the scared shy kitty that he was when I adopted him in February but actually the opposite has happened... he's been extra cuddly since yesterday morning. Cats, eh? t09026.gif t09026.gif t09026.gif

I had this problem with Tux - she was a found feral kitten - after first traumatic carrier trip, I put the carrier in her "bedroom" with her blanket off her bed and her "cat-cocaine" (dreamies!) in there every evening - popped her in there every now and then, leaving the door open so she came out when she wanted - she even started using the carrier as one of her beds - you might try getting Sammy so used to the carrier, that getting him in for a trip isnt so traumatic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

So tired today. An alarm went off somewhere in the neighbourhood in the early hours and Jazzy and Poppy decided to climb all over me since they were a bit freaked out by the noise. It wasn't the alarm that woke me though, it was Toby on the end of our bed growling at Jazzy being on the bedside locker. I've never known a cat with such a dog like growl. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭muddypaws

VonVix wrote: »
    Seminar tomorrow!!!

Eeee...

I am daft, I had a dream last night that I met all the boardsies, they were huddled together in a "circle of knowledge," don't ask, too much cheese before bed!
    VonVix wrote: »
    I am wondering where you are as well haha. I'm up at the front lolol.
    I'm down the back with my foot up!

Did I meet you VonVix? borderlinemeath came up to me, chatting away and I had to ask who she was, I completely missed the bump :rolleyes: I think its going to take me a week to recover from the weekend.

The excitement in the house over a new vacuum - what simple lives we lead lol! :p I was going to get the cat and dog one but the next one up was on offer with €100 off so got that one instead. It has an an extra head and a HEPA filter instead of a clean air one that the dog one has so better for allergies...and I like the colour better too lol!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

muddypaws wrote: »
    Did I meet you VonVix? borderlinemeath came up to me, chatting away and I had to ask who she was, I completely missed the bump :rolleyes: I think its going to take me a week to recover from the weekend.

No, I don't believe so, there were only two people I met(ish) that I didn't know, I ended up hanging out with people I work with. I didn't spot ANY pregnant people! :pac: Even if I had, I would probably have been too shy to say hi lol. :o

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

Two types of antibiotics for BB for the next week and swab sent off. I think he either did it scraping himself up and down the hedge OR I just remembered earlier that I sent him into the river the other week to get a sunken ball for Lucy.. Since then he's been putting his head under the water when I ask him to collect the lost balls from the weir - feel a bit guilty if that's what it is!!

I think it was Dubl07 that recommended Golden Paste for my dog Didge? I bought some yesterday, so will see how we get on with it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

aonb wrote: »
    I had this problem with Tux - she was a found feral kitten - after first traumatic carrier trip, I put the carrier in her "bedroom" with her blanket off her bed and her "cat-cocaine" (dreamies!) in there every evening - popped her in there every now and then, leaving the door open so she came out when she wanted - she even started using the carrier as one of her beds - you might try getting Sammy so used to the carrier, that getting him in for a trip isnt so traumatic

That's how I got him into the carrier the first time. It was no problem. This time, unfortunately, he remembered ... and as soon as he saw me hovering near the carrier he knew exactly what I was up to!

I think it was Dubl07 that recommended Golden Paste for my dog Didge? I bought some yesterday, so will see how we get on with it. :D

The first time I made it it was too dry, second time just right. I must get around to making some with olive oil and see if the cat wee smell still happens! Oh btw Bailey was able to tolerate it - Lucy not so much and it upset her tummy a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I'm wrecked after yesterday! It's such a change of routine to sit down and concentrate on somebody speaking all day, compared to being with the dogs!
    I must have been hiding the bump, although it's apparently quite neat and it hides well under the cardigan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Good 'ol Dreamies. Swanson recognises the bag and knows that they comes out of the top of the bag but doesn't know how to get them out. So he sits beside the bag and meows at it.

I'm wrecked after yesterday! It's such a change of routine to sit down and concentrate on somebody speaking all day, compared to being with the dogs!
    I must have been hiding the bump, although it's apparently quite neat and it hides well under the cardigan!

I know, and I really wanted to concentrate and take it all in. I had yesterday off, just didn't have the energy to do anything, so today I am playing catch up again. Have an article for a sled dog magazine to finish writing, have done a stock take, so need to put an order in, have a class to teach tonight, and of course have to walk all the dogs, although it may be too warm. The van is 3/4s unpacked, the rest can stay in there till tomorrow. :p

And yes, your bump is very neat. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I know, and I really wanted to concentrate and take it all in. I had yesterday off, just didn't have the energy to do anything, so today I am playing catch up again. Have an article for a sled dog magazine to finish writing, have done a stock take, so need to put an order in, have a class to teach tonight, and of course have to walk all the dogs, although it may be too warm. The van is 3/4s unpacked, the rest can stay in there till tomorrow. :p

And yes, your bump is very neat. :)

I wish I could have taken yesterday off, up at 6.45 (after the usual night of waking at 4am and not getting back asleep properly) and didn't stop til 8pm, although husband very kindly walked the dogs and brought me out for dinner, so I can't really complain too much.

The heat is killing me today though, I'd be walking around in a bikini only we've builders here and I need them to stay on site, not scare them away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I always leave the carrier out for Cliff with the door open a day or two before any scheduled vet trip. He goes into the carrier without any fuss then. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

So after a week of waiting for the person who wanted the kitten to take him, they changed their mind!

Now gotta start trying to home him again. :(

mymo wrote: »
    So after a week of waiting for the person who wanted the kitten to take him, they changed their mind!

:mad: Bloody people! But you know, better that they changed their minds BEFORE they took the poor kitten - such a cutie, good luck with finding a better owner asap!

I know, I said the same.

I hope some lovely boardsie wants a friend :)
    I posted in rehome get thread.

:pac::pac::pac: Trying to stop the drool running down and collecting where his infection/wound is. Working surprisingly well lol!:p

353751.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Jesus that's awful, but it could have been worse. The day after we rehomed our foster kitten Molly they phoned to say their other cat wasn't happy and that they were bringing her back to us that day. People just don't think things through. Molly is doing brilliant in her forever home, she's been there a long time now, the kids love her, she loves them and she's spoiled rotten, she even got a little brother who was part of a litter of strays in her neighbourhood.:)

• Advertisement

Kitten just fell into the sink, full of water, I was filling it to soak cat dishes, no soap or bleach thank god.

I wish I'd got a pic, he's tearing around and hiding from me, I can't stop laughing!
    There's little wet cat foot prints everywhere..

tk123 wrote: »
    :pac::pac::pac: Trying to stop the drool running down and collecting where his infection/wound is. Working surprisingly well lol!:p
    poor bailey! the shame of it!!!! :o

poor bailey! the shame of it!!!! :o

I know lol - but it' just around the house and the bib was wrecked (but dry) this morning but kept the wound dry all night! Looks much much better today. His bedding is always stained - I wonder if a bib at night would solve the problem? :pac:

Kitten just fell into the sink, full of water, I was filling it to soak cat dishes, no soap or bleach thank god.

I wish I'd got a pic, he's tearing around and hiding from me, I can't stop laughing!
    There's little wet cat foot prints everywhere..

One of my cats fell into our fish pond one night, he was having a drink, my son came home and startled him, poor fella, he got such a fright.

One of my cats fell into our fish pond one night, he was having a drink, my son came home and startled him, poor fella, he got such a fright.

My cat (gone 6 years next week :() fell into the bath one time as he was slinking around edge :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I've been away from home the last few days and mum tells me Kovu has taken to sleeping in my bed. Poor scut!
    I was staying with a friend who has five dogs, incl a malamute and a husky. Kovu will be sniffing me all over!

I've ordered a doggy treadmill. its too warm to be walking the dogs far, so hoping that it will keep them in shape over the summer, I live in an old cottage with very thick walls, its always cold inside, so hopefully it will be fine for them. I have plans for the winter :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

It's official, Elly is both disgusting and gross, not content in rolling in the poor dead carcasses of shrews and birds found in the garden, she has now taken to catching flies and playing with them as she throws them around and pounces on them.

YUK!

There's a guy in the park the last few weeks around 7:00am playing the violin under a tree - as you do :p Last week my friend's dog barked at him so I wasn't able to get close enough with my two to gauge their reaction. Lucy I think would be fine but Bailey may bark because it's something new so I haven't let him off lead. This morning I decided to brush Bailey (on lead anyways with his wound) on the other side of the path behind the guy - the two dogs were lying in the grass mesmerized by the violin lol! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

So apparently a hamster licking an icecube to cool down is pretty damn adorable. I found this out yesterday. Poor Twitch, he's melting, I had to give him a haircut since he's so fluffy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement