Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus - shaky and lack of power

• 03-10-2012 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My ford focus suddenly got very shaky when idle/low revs and has a lack of power in low revs.

Its a 2001 1.6. Any idea what it could be? There was also a slight burning smell outside the car. I checked for coolant and oil and its fine.

Just minutes after I got a free breakdown kit with car wash! I drove home on it, the engine light started to flash, I was about to pull over but while stopped at lights it went off. Then came on again solid. Then started to flash. Its just stuck on now.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Sounds like the usual coilpack failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Sounds like the usual coilpack failure.

Thats exactly it, my former partners one gave up when I was driving her Focus in lane 2 of the M50, the hairy experience that followed is the reason shes my former partner. Ah it isnt really

Simple enough fix, €80 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Would a coil pack failure always light the CEL?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

My sisters one did this too
    The engine was steam cleaned and the plug leads got wet inside the engine casing the steam couldn't escape .
    I just pulled out the leads and let it dry out
    Was bang on after an hour .
    It did put the engine warning light on .

Coil pack is a common problem
    U might get lucky with the dampness thing first

Advertisement