Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Read my book for free.

• 24-02-2012 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭

So we're going to try a free giveaway and see how it affects my ranking.

Don't Feed the Fairies is free today. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006GGF6PG/

Please download it, because from what I gather, the more downloads I get, the higher it goes in the Amazon ranks, and this translates into increased sales for the following week or longer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

I've downloaded it myself, so that's one. I could suggest it to others if you'd like? They might not be the 'target audience' but I'm sure you'd get quite a few downloads as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭wavehopper1

I've grabbed a copy. Wouldn't be my genre usually but I look forward to reading it.
    I take it that you're conducting a bit of a sales experiment by giving it free. Unless it's confidential I'd be interested if you were prepared to post a follow up on the effects, just percentages would be fine. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

I've got my copy! :)

(Happy birthday, by the way!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Oh yes, I'll be posting up the results.

This book has been on sale for several months, and it consistantly sells a few every day, but usually single digit, not dozens. So I want to see what happens when I give it away, particularly if it affects sales afterwards, and if it affects sales of my newer book.

So far today, there have been over seventy downloads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

I don't see its current rank. Is that available anywhere?

• Advertisement

Available on Amazon.com, .co.uk., .de, .es, .fr, .it

So far, there have been 460 downloads from Amazon.com, 87 from .co.uk, 15 from Amazon.de and one from Amazon.es

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭OneIdea

I like supporting things like this, and download the kindle app for PC, hope that counts... I don't know that many amazon users or maybe that's just me... but the best of luck with your strategy.

Thanks. Yes, it counts.

I'll tell you next week how it all worked. Right now, I'm ranking up there with Douglas Adams and ahead of HG Wells.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭kickarykee

Oh I missed it :(
    Too bad... but I will buy it anyway after I read the books currently waiting on my shelve :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 vitalscience

I am late :( just saw this post and wanted to download.. But alas..!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭kickarykee

was the same here :(

Advertisement