Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So... the PSP...

123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

I'll try to find out exactly what I have and then I can see what my options are I guess. Thanks again.

animaX wrote: »
    I think the table above is a bit old - the TA088v3 is no longer "unhackable" according to these guides:

http://forums.dashhacks.com/psp-tutorials-guides/306417-updated-tut-hacking-all-psps-except-e100x-series.html
    http://forums.dashhacks.com/psp-tutorials-guides/227349-hack-your-psp-mega-thread.html

The question is - is yours a TA-088v3. Sounds like it could be. Google a few more of those "how to tell the motherboard of the psp" guides to see if you can get a more definitive answer.

(I think) PSident will be of little use to you because you need to hack the psp in the first place in order to run it!! (I think)

By the way - it is actually possible to run emulators etc on the psp without hacking it at all. If you search the internet hard enough, you might be able to find "signed" versions of emulators for psp. These would run on official firmwares but they may be hard to find and not all emulators might have been ported

Thanks for your help, I have used a signed version as you suggested, works perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

ahyeahok wrote: »
    Thanks for your help, I have used a signed version as you suggested, works perfect.

cool!

Those emulators were created after the ps3 encryption keys were discovered, so homebrewers were able to "sign" their apps with sony's own signature (encryption key). But sony changed the keys in later firmwares so you should not upgrade your firmware - if you do they won't work anymore

animaX wrote: »
    cool!

Those emulators were created after the ps3 encryption keys were discovered, so homebrewers were able to "sign" their apps with sony's own signature (encryption key). But sony changed the keys in later firmwares so you should not upgrade your firmware - if you do they won't work anymore

Yeah, I'm not updating my firmware but my only problem now is that I can't play a couple of UMD's I have like Gran Turismo as they need a software update.. but I'll live with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

ahyeahok wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm not updating my firmware but my only problem now is that I can't play a couple of UMD's I have like Gran Turismo as they need a software update.. but I'll live with that.

do you know what the maximum firmware you can have to still run the signed emulators? I think they might work up as far as 6.20 but don't quote me on that. So you might be able to upgrade to a higher firmware, just not the latest.

older firmwares can be found here
    http://pspslimhacks.com/psp-firmware/official-firmware-updates/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Invaluable thread. Looking at getting a PSP soon enough, will probably end up posting here with some questions. ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Where do people get their 'signed' versions nowadays? My previous 'supplier' was shut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Great day to discover boards has a modding forum. Dug out my old dusty PSP and now it's set up with a cfw and ready to go :D Thanks for the helpful posts all!

Advertisement