Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HDMI cable crashes my computer

• 05-06-2009 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

I have a hp laptop running vista and when i plug it into my 47" lcd
    with a HDMI cable via the hdmi output i get the windows blue screen and it crashes.
    this has only started happening recently and i cannot figure it out, can anyone help??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

try upgrading the graphics card drivers. this may resolve your issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭inlimboland

thanks for the quick response
    i've already updated the 'nvidia geforce 8400' , im pretty sure that is the graphics card?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,034 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

thanks for the quick response
    i've already updated the 'nvidia geforce 8400' , im pretty sure that is the graphics card?

There were changes to the recent nVidia drivers specifically for HDMI, so try the latest 186.06 editions.

Thanks, did it yesterday, and its still crashing but not everytime, bit strange, thanks anyway

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,034 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Thanks, did it yesterday, and its still crashing but not everytime, bit strange, thanks anyway

If the laptop is started with the cable already plugged in, does it still crash?

• Advertisement

I always plugged it in and out with laptop and tv left on,
    now i'll turn tv off first and its really hit or miss whether it crashes or not.

I just did another nvidia update from the actual nvidia site and it seems to be holding for now,
    the update i did yesterday i think was from a 3rd party vendor

Advertisement