Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartments in Navan - advice needed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

lukesmom wrote: »
    I already mentioned Clogherboy Park. Abbeygrove has always had its share of anti-social behaviour but nothing major really. And Townspark has quietened down a lot the past few years. I never said it was worse than anywhere in the town but I did say I wouldn't like to bring my kids up there. I think it is only going to get worse up there. That's what happens when you build alot of estates in one small enough area, there is bound to be anti social behaviour. I'm just saying I would not like to bring my kids up there! And yeah I know the town like the back of my hand

So going on what your saying here, all the above estates will end up the same because "thats what happens when you build a lot of estates in one small area".
    And yeah I know the town like the back of my hand
    And your point being?

Johnstown is the same as any other part of Navan, with the exception that it has more Dubs in it. That is a thing that a lot of Navan people can't stand, but their opion has changed over the last ten years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

:)

No doesn't bother me that Johnstown is full of dubs. I'm nowhere near it! And there's no need to be so argumentative 'and your point being'???. I'm just stating that I wouldn't live in Johnstown because I don't like it out there. It's a kip in my opinion and yeah it is full of dubs but I don't see what that's got to do with anything. There are plenty of dubs in my estate and they are all sound.

How exactly is Johnstown a kip? And btw, I am not from the johnstown area, so I am not being biased.

too many sprawling estates in one area.
    supervalu over priced
    gym rubbish
    nothing for kids to do
    alot of criminals & scumbags - and YES there are!

However, there are a few areas in Johnstown that are lovely, Carne Hill being one of them and Athlumney wood

How the hell does an over priced supervalu mean it's a kip?
    I can name at least two other gyms that in my opion are "rubbish" that are in two different locations.
    There is nothing for kids to do in any other part of Navan.
    Lot's of scumbags other parts of Navan, does that not mean the whole town is a kip?
    I can think of at least six other criminals in other parts of the town.

Your a very narrow minded person. I can walk through Johnstown safetly at night, but if I walk into the town or around other areas I would be taking a high chance of getting hassle. You aren't making a vaild argument. You are saying an area is a kip because it has an over priced supervalu, get real!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    How the hell does an over priced supervalu mean it's a kip?
    I can name at least two other gyms that in my opion are "rubbish" that are in two different locations.
    There is nothing for kids to do in any other part of Navan.
    Lot's of scumbags other parts of Navan, does that not mean the whole town is a kip?
    I can think of at least six other criminals in other parts of the town.

Your a very narrow minded person. I can walk through Johnstown safetly at night, but if I walk into the town or around other areas I would be taking a high chance of getting hassle. You aren't making a vaild argument. You are saying an area is a kip because it has an over priced supervalu, get real!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Lukesmom, your opinion is the typical narrowminded,stereotypical attitude I've seen with all the anti-dubs/blow-ins I've come across. I've lived here the last 9 years and am from Meath and I'm not denying the fact that there is antisocial behaviour and crime in the area but it's no different anywhere you go.
    What area of Navan do you live and why is it so much better? Does your Supervalue do 6 chicken fillets for a fiver rather than 5?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

If I were to move to Navan I'd probably be lookin at Johnstown for a home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

[I]but the ones you got out in Johnstown aren't from Navan either.
    [/I]

well that just wrong, i was the victim of a navan scumbag who was well known to the gards. (car stolen and stereo robbed) he was from Bailis downs but was navan born and bred. At the end of the day scumbags are scumbags and you hust cannot come out with statements as narrow minded and plain wrong as that.

• Advertisement

youtube! wrote: »
    [I]but the ones you got out in Johnstown aren't from Navan either.
    [/I]

well that just wrong, i was the victim of a navan scumbag who was well known to the gards. (car stolen and stereo robbed) he was from Bailis downs but was navan born and bred. At the end of the day scumbags are scumbags and you hust cannot come out with statements as narrow minded and plain wrong as that.

Oh and I know of a family out in Johnstown who are not from Navan and they supplying gear to all the kids. I'm sorry, as I write this I realise I'm being prejudice and it's not right. I take back that Johnstown is a kip. I have a personal reason for this. The scumbag that sold my brother (22) stuff the day before he died 5 months ago is from this family in Johnstown and they all sell the stuff. They are well known. Yeah nobody made him take it but it still hurts like hell and I see them walk around the place and they are fine. I'll delete all the other posts it was stupid of me, apologies.

I am so sorry for your loss lukesmom and if I had gone thru what you have gone thru I am certain I would have felt the same way,we are afterall only human. It was a brave move to delete your comments.

Good luck to you.

Oh and I know of a family out in Johnstown who are not from Navan and they supplying gear to all the kids. I'm sorry, as I write this I realise I'm being prejudice and it's not right. I take back that Johnstown is a kip. I have a personal reason for this. The scumbag that sold my brother (22) stuff the day before he died 5 months ago is from this family in Johnstown and they all sell the stuff. They are well known. Yeah nobody made him take it but it still hurts like hell and I see them walk around the place and they are fine. I'll delete all the other posts it was stupid of me, apologies.

Im sorry for your loss, and I hope you get justice for your brother.

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Im sorry for your loss, and I hope you get justice for your brother.

I wish! frustrating as I have no proof that would stand up in a court and they are not the sort I would want to blow the whistle on either. It will not bring my brother back. I have heard that one of them was ran out of the place by the bigger fry for non payment so at least a little justice there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,327 ✭✭✭bladespin

Seanbeag1 wrote: »
    If I were to move to Navan I'd probably be lookin at Johnstown for a home.

Take it form those already living in Navan, there are better (and worse)areas to live in, however if trolling's what you're after then it'd be a fine spot to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

bladespin wrote: »
    Take it form those already living in Navan, there are better (and worse)areas to live in, however if trolling's what you're after then it'd be a fine spot to start.

Whos trolling? Johnstown may have some trouble with kids acting the mick now and again but it doesn't have public order or antisocial trouble on a regular basis by any account. The majority of residents there are very law abiding. Sure there are a few criminals living there but no more than any other area in Ireland.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

This thread is going off topic. This is about apartments in Navan. If you are going to post up something about crime rates in parts of Navan, make sure that you have a source for your facts and figures.

The last couple of pages of this thread have hardly been helpful to anyone buying or renting an apartment in Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ladyrebel

My partner and I are also considering a move to Navan at the moment. We have arranged to look at apartments to let in Blackcastle Lodge, Yellow Clay Manor and Hampton Rise.

Was wondering if anyone knows what these places are like? Are any of these apartments located in areas we should avoid?

ladyrebel wrote: »
    My partner and I are also considering a move to Navan at the moment. We have arranged to look at apartments to let in Blackcastle Lodge, Yellow Clay Manor and Hampton Rise.

Was wondering if anyone knows what these places are like? Are any of these apartments located in areas we should avoid?

Hi out of the three options you have listed I would be inclined to hope to get Blackcastle Lodge, nice friendly estate in off the road on flower hill with parking.

Yellow Clay manor is grand too and out the commons road but quite close to claremont and clogherboy, areas which were mentioned previously on thread as having quite alot of anti-social behaviour

I would avoid Hampton Rise as this is at the bottom of Flower Hill in quite a built up area of apartments that have been experiencing alot of anti-social behaviour of late.

• Advertisement

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I'm living up the road from Hampton rise. The area itself is rather quiet though there's plenty of house parties at the weekend. The hampton rise block itself though I believe is up for sale and from the look of it outside it seems pretty run down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

We were looking at houses and apartments in navan last week, just happened to mention it to the mortgage broker we were dealing with, she asked where we were looking, we told her about the steeples, a house in bailis downs, one in ros na ri and one in birch close, with the exception of the house in birch close she advised us to steer clear of the other areas, she's from navan so we took her advice on board and went to see the houses. She wasn't wrong about some of the places and it does explain the low low prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭babsybaby01

A lot of apartments in navan are rented to non nationals who are clanish and stick together...Dosent make it easy for irish living in a block of apartments mostly occupied by them.Im sure most people from navan agree that there isint really a block of apartments in navan that there hasnt been trouble in or hand on heart they would move into.

A lot of apartments in navan are rented to non nationals who are clanish and stick together...Dosent make it easy for irish living in a block of apartments mostly occupied by them.Im sure most people from navan agree that there isint really a block of apartments in navan that there hasnt been trouble in or hand on heart they would move into.

What is wrong with living in the same block as non nationals? I have polish people either side of me and they are very friendly and respectable. I find that comment pretty prejudice. There are plenty of Navan natives that I wouldn't like to live next to and would gladly live next to foreign nationals instead of them

Look again....i didnt say anything was wrong with it..I said a lot of apartments are occupied by non-nationals that all know each other making it difficult to live beside them...As im sure you know have a look in the meath chronicle each week at the court cases..check the addresses and names...and i dont know why you would be offended by it..i wasnt reffering to you..Opinions when they matter not because you live in navan(not originally id imagine)thanks

Look again....i didnt say anything was wrong with it..I said a lot of apartments are occupied by non-nationals that all know each other making it difficult to live beside them...As im sure you know have a look in the meath chronicle each week at the court cases..check the addresses and names...and i dont know why you would be offended by it..i wasnt reffering to you..Opinions when they matter not because you live in navan(not originally id imagine)thanks

still dont see how it would be difficult to live beside them just because they all know each other???? I never said you were referring to me, you were referring to non nationals and how it is difficult living beside them as they all know each other, that is a bit of a ridiculous statement in my opinion. And your point about not originally Id imagine, I'm Navan born and bred, thanks.

it seems you just want the last word on all of this....so have it...and dont tell me that if you were surrounded with people who didnt speak your language it would be just as easy for you to live beside them...There is more than your opinion on here and you should take them into consideration...and seeing that you know so much about hampton rise do you know the precentage of non-nationals living there?I do(postal worker)so without knowing it your contradicting yourself...a ridiculous statement IN MY OPINION

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

it seems you just want the last word on all of this....so have it...and dont tell me that if you were surrounded with people who didnt speak your language it would be just as easy for you to live beside them...There is more than your opinion on here and you should take them into consideration...and seeing that you know so much about hampton rise do you know the precentage of non-nationals living there?I do(postal worker)so without knowing it your contradicting yourself...a ridiculous statement IN MY OPINION

As said I live in the area. It's not unusual for someone not to care what language their neighbour speaks, actually less chance of someone pestering me for sugar :D Plenty of them can speak english though and the few I have spoken too have been very nice.

• Advertisement

Yours is the only prejudiced opinion on this thread. You made a ridiculous statement saying that because of non-nationals knowing other non-nationals in their block and being in groups together, would make it very hard to live close to. This is absolute rubbish! And I don't care if your a postal worker or whatever you do, you seem to be a very small-minded person. There is good and bad everywhere, in every country, in every race. The topic is about a lady wanting to know what parts of Navan to steer clear of, not what race or sector of humans. What is the difference between living in a block with Irish people and with groups of non-nationals? There is none, only the language. You need to retract what you said as it is highly offensive.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement