Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Hi

Does anyone know how i would go about finding out an old passport number? I need to find out the number of a passport i used to enter australia in 2007 but im on my second passport since then!

Is there someone i can ring or any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

They are already bilingual, are they not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Yup, a solely Irish passport isnt available, all info is English and As Gaeilge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Hi

Does anyone know how i would go about finding out an old passport number? I need to find out the number of a passport i used to enter australia in 2007 but im on my second passport since then!

Is there someone i can ring or any other suggestions?

Hmmm, I'm not sure about this one. I don't think it'll be given to you over the phone anyway, because of data protection. No harm in ringing customer care to check anyway.

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Yup, a solely Irish passport isnt available, all info is English and As Gaeilge.

..actually trilingual - in English, Irish and French!

• Advertisement

Deedsie wrote: »
    My passport is due for renewal next year. I was considering getting it done in Irish. Does anyone know how I might go about doing this?

All passports are bi-lingual, I think this applies to all EU countries.

Edit: I'd forgotten about french

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

..actually trilingual - in English, Irish and French!

Je suis désolé :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Deedsie wrote: »
    My passport is due for renewal next year. I was considering getting it done in Irish. Does anyone know how I might go about doing this?

All that you need to do is translate your name and put that on the form, as everything else is, as mentioned above, in English, Irish and French.

All that you need to do is translate your name and put that on the form, as everything else is, as mentioned above, in English, Irish and French.

You can't just do this though. To do this, you must have been using the Irish version for at least two years and have proof as such. Bank accounts, bills, etc in that name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

mmcn90 wrote: »
    You can't just do this though. To do this, you must have been using the Irish version for at least two years and have proof as such. Bank accounts, bills, etc in that name

Really? They let me change my name to Irish and drop half of my doublebarreled surname at once. They put a note on the opposite page saying "name on birthcert: x".

I suppose this was just after I turned 18, though, maybe they were more lenient for that.

• Advertisement

Really? They let me change my name to Irish and drop half of my doublebarreled surname at once. They put a note on the opposite page saying "name on birthcert: x".

I suppose this was just after I turned 18, though, maybe they were more lenient for that.

It's quite complicated, and there are exceptions. But basically, its been clamped down on because a few *ahem 'undesirables' *ahem, realised that it was a nice easy way to change their name on their passport, and confuse a few foreign immigration officials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Can you drop a name off a doubled barrelled name easily?

When I got married I added the wifes surname to mine by submitting a marriage cert. Can I reverse this now? I.e. drop her name and revert to my birth cert name?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

"Witness Official stamp" - section 7
    This is for my child who is getting her first passport. I was going to pop in next door and ask my retired friend to witness it... It says they have to be personally known to me and not a relative. He is retired and doesn't have any stamps...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Sniipe wrote: »
    This is for my child who is getting her first passport. I was going to pop in next door and ask my retired friend to witness it... It says they have to be personally known to me and not a relative. He is retired and doesn't have any stamps...

If they not currently one of the professions listed they can't witness it.

Retired means you no longer work in that position. So I can't see how they would be in one of the professions listed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

KeithM89 wrote: »

It can be done with an APS1G form. Just Irish and French will be on the passport, no English.

BUT you must fill out the while form in Irish as that's what the G is compared to the E which is in english.

Can you drop a name off a doubled barrelled name easily?

When I got married I added the wifes surname to mine by submitting a marriage cert. Can I reverse this now? I.e. drop her name and revert to my birth cert name?

Are your bank accounts/ other documents in your original name or double barrelled, if you have two sets of documents in your original name dating back two years, it should be no problem. They just dont like people chopping and changing all the time.

Sniipe wrote: »

Just go to the Garda station and get it done there, failing that, go to your GP. Just make sure they are one of the listed professions.

It can be done with an APS1G form. Just Irish and French will be on the passport, no English.

BUT you must fill out the while form in Irish as that's what the G is compared to the E which is in english.

No APS1 forms anymore, its a revised APS2 form, even if you fill it in as Gaeilge, you will get a tri-lingual passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 t9106

I'd like to get my passport renewed since it has been out of date for the past few months. When I went to look for it however, I can't find it anywhere. I looked all over the house. I can't remember if I just left it somewhere or if I lost it on a night out. It's been missing for a few weeks at this stage.

If I were to report it would it be better for my passport record to say that it was stolen rather than lost or does it make a difference?

t9106 wrote: »
    I'd like to get my passport renewed since it has been out of date for the past few months. When I went to look for it however, I can't find it anywhere. I looked all over the house. I can't remember if I just left it somewhere or if I lost it on a night out. It's been missing for a few weeks at this stage.

If I were to report it would it be better for my passport record to say that it was stolen rather than lost or does it make a difference?

Be honest, a false statement of loss could lead to trouble. It doesn't make a difference anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Hey folks,
    Does anyone know if you get a new Passport number when you renew your passport, or they stick with your previous one?

Cheers,
    WP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭Gatica

I'm pretty sure every instance of a passport has its own number, so it'll be different if you renew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Cool, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭timex711

hi, im going on holidays in 3 weeks yesterday (18th june) and just realised my passport is out of date , should i risk trying a express passport or should i get the emergency one? is there anyway of quickening the express even faster?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭pawrick

You should have plenty of time - keep the receipt you get from An Post as there is a tracking number on it. Include copies of your travel details and note to say you need it back urgently.

Even if there is a back log which I have no idea if there is the swiftpost applications get priority over other general applications.

pawrick wrote: »
    You should have plenty of time - keep the receipt you get from An Post as there is a tracking number on it. Include copies of your travel details and note to say you need it back urgently.

Even if there is a back log which I have no idea if there is the swiftpost applications get priority over other general applications.

thanks, so if i go in tomorrow morning i should have it, and what if isnt sent by the friday before i go? haha, can i go into the emergency office and get one without paying for that aswell if i have proof of the other one, or what should i do?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Mega passport thread here.

how much are emergency passports, ive been told a few different numbers?

timex711 wrote: »
    how much are emergency passports, ive been told a few different numbers?

Can I just clarify something here, its not just aimed at you, most people do not require emergency passports, just normal passports with expedited applications. An emergency passport is a temporary passport issued by the out of hours passport officer to adults only.

Here are the list of prices
    'Passport Express' Applications (made through the Post Office)

Standard Passport for a person aged 18 years or over submitted through Passport Express service (available at Post Offices)
    €80

Standard Passport for a person aged 3 years or over but must be under 18 years submitted through Passport Express service (available at Post Offices)
    €26.50

Standard Passport for a person under 3 years of age submitted through Passport Express service (available at Post Offices)
    €16

'Large' 66 page passport for a person aged 18 years or over submitted through Passport Express service (available at Post Offices)
    €110.00

Passport Applications made over the Public Counter in Passport Office Dublin and Passport Office Cork or through Ordinary Registered Post

Standard Passport for a person aged 18 years or over submitted over the counter at the Passport Office Dublin or Passport Office Cork or through Ordinary and Registered Post
    €95.00

Standard Passport for a person aged 3 years or over but must be under 18 years submitted over the counter at the Passport Office Dublin or Passport Office Cork or through Ordinary and Registered Post
    €41.50

Standard Passport for a person under 3 years of age submitted over the counter at the Passport Office Dublin or Passport Office Cork or through Ordinary and Registered Post
    €31.00

'Large' 66 page passport for a person aged 18 years or over submitted over the counter at the Passport Office Dublin or Passport Office Cork or through Ordinary and Registered Post
    €125.00

Public Counter Urgent Fee

Payable, upon proof of urgent travel, for passports required to be issued within five days following application. This fee is in addition to the appropriate passport fee as set out above.

Please note that this is not an 'on demand' service and applications will take a minimum of three days to process.

€55 -Adult

€30 -Child

Out of Hours Emergency Service Administration Fee

This is for the issue of a temporary passport of limited validity by the Department's out of hours emergency service.

A further application must be made for a standard passport for any subsequent travel. The payment of the appropriate fee as set out above will apply.

€110 - Adult

• Advertisement

mmcn90 wrote: »
    ..An emergency passport is a temporary passport issued by the out of hours passport officer to adults only.

Here are the list of prices

But you say that an emergency passport for a child is €55..?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement