Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are all the single men???

• 26-03-2012 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Ok, I have read plenty of threads from guys looking for places in Cork to go to meet girls.

Now, I'm asking the ladies....where are all the good guys hiding in Cork:). I moved here nearly a year ago and not too sure where to be going at the weekend.

Now, I'm no teenager, so a place for over 30's would be very loverly indeed:D

Cheers me dears

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

Well... in my humble opinion pub isn't the best place where to look for the love of your life (one night stand definitely)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭starch4ser

come up to my house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

seems to be a lot of us single men on boards. not sure what that says about us though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

spacecat wrote: »
    Ok, I have read plenty of threads from guys looking for places in Cork to go to meet girls.

Now, I'm asking the ladies....where are all the good guys hiding in Cork:). I moved here nearly a year ago and not too sure where to be going at the weekend.

Now, I'm no teenager, so a place for over 30's would be very loverly indeed:D

Cheers me dears
    Crane Lane, Mutton Lane Inn, The Pavilion (the bar part), The Bierhaus, Franciscan Well......all these are good places to meet intelligent, sophisticated, well grounded men (like myself) :) they are definitely not pubs I'd associate with the typical drunken Irish male looking to score skirt, of which you'll find many in Reardens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Im very dissapointed that none of our Cork women have replied to give out about you comming down here and stealing their men.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

grenache wrote: »
    Crane Lane, Mutton Lane Inn, ........... The Bierhaus, Franciscan Well......all these are good places to meet ....................

........folks who don't wash very often.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Im gonna back up grenache, all good pubs where people go to have a sociable night out rather then get drunk and stick their tongues down a strangers throat.
    If they are too alternative for you (and they really arent very much so) id recomend the raven, the roundy, the bodega (club), the slate (but as a late night option), the smoking area of the bowery (club) also the whole of maccurtain street makes for a nice bar hopping night out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sok2005

There seems to be a business oppertunity here in Cork setting up singles...... hmmmm, how can I do this without turning into a female pimp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

RoverJames wrote: »

must.not.bite. :D

• Advertisement

RoverJames wrote: »
    grenache wrote: »
    Crane Lane, Mutton Lane Inn, ........... The Bierhaus, Franciscan Well......all these are good places to meet ....................

Haha, touché! Glad to say I'm not one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭spacecat

Well, thank you all for your responses!!! I plan to try a bar or two at the weekend:D.

I'm not looking for 'love' not really too sure what it is but one day it may find me;). Not looking for one night stands or a quick sneeky snog in the smoking area....I'll leave that for the younger folk,lol. Just somewhere nice to have a drink without agro. I like chating to people, thats it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭rebelwoman

Best of luck spacecat we will all be glued to the thread to see how you get on. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭johnayo

rebelwoman wrote: »
    Best of luck spacecat we will all be glued to the thread to see how you get on. :D
    Maybe the Sextant or the Idle Hour. If this fails, you can give me a shout. Oh wait.....I forgot.......I'm not single.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I think most of the men have moved to Austrailia or else they're all just hiding from me! Let me know where's successful to find them!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭Milly33

Haha the Idle Hour jaysus, now tis a great spot in fairness but as far as I know tis more for the older ladies to pick up drunk men..

There is defo a serious lack of men in cork..Fine im seeing someone now, but I remember back in the single days it was impossible to meet men unless you know of a friend of a friend...Me thinks there is a black hole that swollows them up...

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭linfield

There's a new over 30s club upstairs in The Oliver Plunkett on a Saturday Night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I'm a single man.

One catch though.
    I'm in jail

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I'm a single man.

One catch though.
    I'm in jail

Beggars can't be choosers! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Clearly this is a ruse by the OP. There are no wimmin on the internets, we're all single men here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

newbee22 wrote: »
    I think most of the men have moved to Austrailia or else they're all just hiding from me! Let me know where's successful to find them!! :p

I think hiding from me too, I promise I dont bite lads ;)

Been single for well over a year now, tis getting a bit boring.
    As much as I like being single, its so much better when you have someone on the same page as you and just have the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

Owen wrote: »
    Clearly this is a ruse by the OP. There are no wimmin on the internets, we're all single men here.

Ha ha!! Well I know who the OP is and can vouch that she is NOT a man but is in fact a very sound and genuine lady :D

And I can also vouch that Owen is a nice guy - just in case he is throwing his hat into the ring here!!!

wispyman wrote: »
    Ha ha!! Well I know who the OP is and can vouch that she is NOT a man but is in fact a very sound and genuine lady :D

oooh someones got a crush, wispy and spacecat sitting in a tree.....no? OK
    Back in me box

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

booboo88 wrote: »
    oooh someones got a crush, wispy and spacecat sitting in a tree.....no? OK
    Back in me box

Ha ha! I would have to ask permission from my wife first :D Now I said nice things about Owen as well - so should I call him first or would that seem too keen? Still have his number somewhere :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Hah ... in the words of Monthy Python ... RUN AWAY! :D:D

wispyman wrote: »
    Ha ha! I would have to ask permission from my wife first :D Now I said nice things about Owen as well - so should I call him first or would that seem too keen? Still have his number somewhere :eek:

Call him, its mean to keep a guy waiting ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

Well, thank you all for your responses!!! I plan to try a bar or two at the weekend:D.

I'm not looking for 'love' not really too sure what it is but one day it may find me;). Not looking for one night stands or a quick sneeky snog in the smoking area....I'll leave that for the younger folk,lol. Just somewhere nice to have a drink without agro. I like chating to people, thats it really.

sorry, i couldn't resist... :D

The%2BBook%2BUnderstanding%2BWomen%2BHas%2BFinally%2BArrived%2BIn%2BBook%2BStores.jpg

Everyone's lookin for love baby :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I'm available for some loving and offer very competitive rates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭spacecat

Hmm, I'm thinking....all us single ladies on this thread should meet up. Say, in one of the above mentioned bars every other week or whatever. Then we can start a 'blog' giving our inpression of the bar and the chaps that frequent it:D

Advertisement