Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Voice Of Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Poor song choice. Wrong song for her.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Who is she?

I know the name but.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Very embarrassing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭nosey guy

OH my god ...that was a wonderfulllll tv moment..

all of them now trying to back track..

LOLOLOL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭bordsie

she's not bad looking but seems like a snob, the type who wouldn't let you do anything in the sack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sflemings

Really surprised nobody buzzed for her compared to some of the ones they did. Nervous or not you can tell she had a great voice.
    That's because I think the show is more about the judges as usual. They're making some off choices. It's suppose to be about the voice. Bressie picked an awful sounding lad already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

That's fairly ridiculous... Tara Blaise is a much better singer and has had more success solo than Sharon Corr (who is a poor singer)...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Wont be watching this next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 noddyname

Overall, not as bad as I thought it was going to be - I think I'll be tuning in again next week, for a laugh if nothing else!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

amdublin wrote: »
    Who is she?

I know the name but.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tara_Blaise

Jaysis is this not a show for amateurs??????? That's some cv she's got there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Boo Boo get off ya dumbo.
    Bimbo alert.

You're a child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭nosey guy

sflemings wrote: »
    That's because I think the show is more about the judges as usual. They're making some off choices. It's suppose to be about the voice. Bressie picked an awful sounding lad already

lets face it ,that was set up so they could say...if we could see her we would have picked her..but it was great tv.

That's fairly ridiculous... Tara Blaise is a much better singer and has had more success solo than Sharon Corr (who is a poor singer)...

Embarrassing for everyone involved... but it wasn't a good audition.

She didn't deserve to go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭wingnut

Who is she?

I know the name but.....

Saw her a while back live @ War of the Worlds musical as Beth... she was awesome. Strange to see her in a talent show!!

So what's on for the rest of the evening that I should watch?

Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tara_Blaise

Jaysis is this not a show for amateurs??????? That's some cv she's got there.

You have to laugh really when she didn't get picked.

Although I thought she had an English accent but according to that they moved to Ireland when she was 3. She hardly kept the accent since then. Guess she could have picked it up from the parents (presuming they are English originally).

So what's on for the rest of the evening that I should watch?

Any recommendations?

Sherlock on BBC1 at 8.30pm

Best show on TV in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Skid wrote: »
    Embarrassing for everyone involved... but it wasn't a good audition.

She didn't deserve to go through.

Compared to some of the ones that did? She still sounded better than most of those who did go through. Even to my amateur ears.

You'll have seen Tara Blaise most recently on this..

Her young lad is getting big now.. :pac::pac:

Compared to some of the ones that did? She still sounded better than most of those who did go through. Even to my amateur ears.

It's all subjective, ultimately.

But if you sing with very little accompaniment you need to be really good to make it sound good.

And she wasn't good enough, on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 pentiuminside

Guys and girls its all a fix! I was in the audience and seen some great singers sent home! I have a masters degree in Music and know what Im talking about. I was at the last show and three great singers were sent home and told no good cause the coaches had no votes left!

Its a farce a fix and a con job! I hope the last 5 singers get together and legal proceedings againsts the production company and RTE! Its yet to be seen if they broadcast these people. :confused:

Guys and girls its all a fix! I was in the audience and seen some great singers sent home! I have a masters degree in Music and know what Im talking about.

ah yeah but you're no Kian Egan.. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

You have to laugh really when she didn't get picked.

Although I thought she had an English accent but according to that they moved to Ireland when she was 3. She hardly kept the accent since then. Guess she could have picked it up from the parents (presuming they are English originally).

She played at Gay Pride in Dublin two years ago and had an Irish accent, so she must have picked the English accent back up in the last two years. At the gig, she kept shouting "Tara Blaise,playing for the gays!" which was slightly cringy at the time...

You'll have seen Tara Blaise most recently on this..

Her young lad is getting big now.. :pac::pac:

1. I hate that ad. The cheek of the husband mocking what the wife chooses to spend her money on
    2. Her hair is brown and not blonde anyway :confused:
    3. She looks a lot older and bedraggled in the ad then see did on the show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 pentiuminside

ah yeah but you're no Kian Egan.. :D:D

No Thank God!!! Cant wait to hear that thing singing! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6 patthebus

the voice looked ok but its hard to tell so early on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Wikipedia: "John Hughes offered her an album deal on his own Spokes label, and sent her to Los Angeles to work with Corrs producer Olle Romo, resulting in her debut album Dancing On Tables Barefoot."
    That's John Hughes, manager of The Corrs...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 thefrench

Guys and girls its all a fix! I was in the audience and seen some great singers sent home! I have a masters degree in Music and know what Im talking about. I was at the last show and three great singers were sent home and told no good cause the coaches had no votes left!

Its a farce a fix and a con job! I hope the last 5 singers get together and legal proceedings againsts the production company and RTE! Its yet to be seen if they broadcast these people. :confused:

is that not part of the jeopardy for the coaches? they have to pick 12, surely they have to run out sometime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Not great. Interesting concept though, with the chairs turned around. I am sorry, but Kian Egan is a glorified Karaoke singer, so his opinion isn't worth much. All he knows for the last 10 years or so is the world of bland pop and doing what Louis told him to do.

Bressie??? Who the f**k is Bressie??? He was in a band that tanked. Then what? A solo "career" that has yet to take off?? How come, on these shows, every singer comes on and does stunt vocals? Why oh why can't they come on and just sing the bloody song, instead of doing a Mariah Carey on it all the time.....

Yer wan from Black Daisy - things must be bad. She represented Ireland at the Eurovision, did she not? Now she is reduced to a talent show, with Bressie deciding her future!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭eiresandra

Terrible show. Poor talent, and the mentors just don't have the credibility. The UK version starting in March has Tom Jones, Will.I.Am, Jessie J and Danny O'Donoghue. The Tara Blaise thing was just a bit embarrassing.

In relation to the earlier Universal Records conspiracy theory, some details...

Bressie was signed to Universal when with the Blizzards, but has been with Sony for the past two years. Whilst he is the most musically relevant, his solo career has been far from successful - with a Top 5 hit eluding him. I wouldn't expect a second album with Sony.

Kian has been with Sony Records since Westlife began, although Wonderland were signed to Universal, and dropped after two singles.

Sharon has been with Warner Records for her solo career. My recollection of her performance of "Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime" on the Late Late makes me question how she can judge anybody's vocal performance.

Brian hasn't had a serious record deal in quite a while, but I think at the peak of his success, he was signed to Sony. Hope they provide him a bottle of wine for the live shows so he can show his class again by pouring a drink over someone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement