Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

DIYer

• 02-04-2010 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭

I'm sure to have more questions than answers but I do a fair bit myself and might be able to help the odd time. Thanks for letting me in :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Welcome along.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

That's how we all learn, Q and A :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭O.A.P

biko wrote: »
    That's how we all learn, Q and A :)
    School of hard knocks, thats how I got my trade. I hope this new forum works though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

What's you're background?

Fishtits wrote: »
    What's you're background?
    Chippy by trade that pays the bills or it used to, part time farmer and I fell the odd tree for my own use . I have always been intrested in machinery and how it works. I own a landrover defender which I keep on the road myself so far anyway and that accounts for my spare time. I keep the car going also apart from a new clutch two years ago, would not chance that yet

• Advertisement

O.A.P wrote: »
    new clutch

Defender? clutch replacement? the worst part was getting the floor screws out, if they were corroded you were in for it big time... The heads were like gutter bolts, sod all purchase. :rolleyes:

Fishtits wrote: »
    Defender? clutch replacement? the worst part was getting the floor screws out, if they were corroded you were in for it big time... The heads were like gutter bolts, sod all purchase. :rolleyes:
    The clutch went on the car not the landrover.
    I know what you mean about the floor screws on the defender though because I fixed the difflock linkage a few years ago and getting them out was the biggest part of the job.

O.A.P wrote: »
    I know what you mean about the floor screws on the defender though because I fixed the difflock linkage a few years ago and getting them out was the biggest part of the job.

Friend forever. ;)

Advertisement