Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxing in DIT

• 30-07-2009 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Just wondering what the boxing facilities are in DIT at the moment.

I understand its not all that well supported....

Any details would be appreciated.

Cheers.

;)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 BayCity

http://www.bebo.com/ditboxingclub

I was wondering aswell and thats what I found when I googled it. They train in the Linen Hall but I dunno where or what the **** it is:confused:

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

BayCity wrote: »
    http://www.bebo.com/ditboxingclub

I was wondering aswell and thats what I found when I googled it. They train in the Linen Hall but I dunno where or what the **** it is:confused:

Linnenhall is the building across from Bolton Street up past Bodkins where the apprentices spend a lot of their time afaik. Theres a small gym I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭MikeyCyrus

Aw i wanted to do boxing cause ive done it for quite some time now... but it clashes with footie times... anyway around that ppl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Jonny Blaze

That's weird?

I was under the impression that the bags and things were in the Kevin st?

Don't they have a gym too?

i tought the same... on DITs sport page it says its postitiond in kevin street..., maybe thats just were the guy organising it is? hope i dont have to travel far :/

• Advertisement

Yeah tell me about it.

I dont really want all that much even! Just a couple of bags is all really...

anywere to take out ur anger... :L i hear only the top 1 of any weight division get meaningful fights so its just a distraction for me then :L

Yeah i want to do it just for fitness really...

Sure we should be able to sort something out between a bunch of us anyway.

yeah hopefully :)

Well i dunno, i guess the more people are interested, and show that they want to support it the more we will be able to get some gear provided and a space etc.

Im going in on tuesday for a fresher course so i'll ask what the story with the boxing is in Kevin st. Seem to recall it saying it on the website, but that they didnt have the website in operation.

I'll post any details tuesday evening.

Have you boxed before?

We should look for a place to spar as well. Its not clear if they have a ring etc.

• Advertisement

Well i dunno, i guess the more people are interested, and show that they want to support it the more we will be able to get some gear provided and a space etc.

Im going in on tuesday for a fresher course so i'll ask what the story with the boxing is in Kevin st. Seem to recall it saying it on the website, but that they didnt have the website in operation.

I'll post any details tuesday evening.

Have you boxed before?

We should look for a place to spar as well. Its not clear if they have a ring etc.
    Yeah been boxing since I was 11 an Im 19 now. Had around 40 fights and getting into training for the Intermediates in October or November. Just wondering.. Is there any college boxing competitions?? Because in secondary school there was aload of boxers and we couldnt get a team( which wouldve been a successful one) together because you had to be a novice :(

Im sure we could cough up and pay a club in town to train in.. like do a deal or something:confused:

Hmmm....

Yeah sure should see what the story is with the in house facilities first though, we might save ourselves some bother.

Sounds good though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Donal o

Hi guys, Boxing begins next week( Monday) in Kevin street. Thursday is in Larkin hall...few mins from Bolten street.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Donal o

Novice fights are held in November, seniors in January.

Donal o wrote: »
    Hi guys, Boxing begins next week( Monday) in Kevin street. Thursday is in Larkin hall...few mins from Bolten street.:)

Sweet...

Donal o wrote: »
    You know what times? I can only go on Thursdays

Yeah i dunno... was in a class rep meeting there at lunch and they said that Larkin Hall was no longer in use cos of the embargo/ cutbacks...

Sure we'll see I guess!

Yeah i dunno... was in a class rep meeting there at lunch and they said that Larkin Hall was no longer in use cos of the embargo/ cutbacks...

Sure we'll see I guess!
    Fook sake!!:mad: Im not trekking all the way to Kevin St!

jesus, would someone just contact whos in charge of the boxing and post up the times and days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Ahoy!

wtf? i signed up and didnt even know it was starting. Didnt get a text nor an e-mail.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 pokerinfingal

i signed up meself and i've heard sweet fcuk all about it.

:mad:

MikeyCyrus wrote: »
    jesus, would someone just contact whos in charge of the boxing and post up the times and days...

There is a link here to a recent update posted on the college website to clarify.

Hey! Has anyone actually gone boxin yet? How is it?

Was gonna go tonight but the trek into Kevin St put me off.. Definatley going to Larki College on Thursday for training though. Any sparring? Whats the training like?:)

have footie on a monday so havnt had the time to go, think i mite try the thursday if any of the lads from college are goin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Is this on mondays? would be interested in coming along

Advertisement