Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pet Safe Weed Killer

• 10-04-2012 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but figured other pet owners might have the answer.

I've recently started doing work on the garden and we're in serious need of weed killer!
    However we have 2 cats (plus there are a lot of cats in the area) so need pet safe weed killer. Does anyone know of a brand that is safe to use with pets?
    I've looked at 3 or 4 types and they all say keep away from children and pets.
    Any recommendations ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Round up or weedol are both fine around pets as long as you give them time to dry before you let the cats out. couple hours should do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

There's an Irish weedkiller called OWK, Organic Weed Killer, its safe for pets too. I have ethical issues with Monsanto who make Round Up so went looking for alternatives. Woodies were selling it last year

Advertisement