Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

200 Jobs for Kilkenny

• 15-02-2012 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭

Some good news for a change!

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0215/jobs-business.html

An Indian company which provides business services and IT outsourcing is creating 200 new jobs in Kilkenny.

HCL Technologies and IDA Ireland have not yet confirmed final job numbers, but the company is actively recruiting.

The company said in a statement: "HCL Technologies can confirm it is working in partnership with the Industrial Development Agency (IDA) in the Republic of Ireland, to establish a European Customer Services Centre in Kilkenny and continue to invest in the local economy."

It said it had "ambitious plans" for the future of the company and was providing considerable investment over the next three years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Good news for the area. Don't know where this will be located or what type of roles offered but they are a very big company.

An Indian company which provides business services and IT outsourcing is creating 200 new jobs in Kilkenny.

HCL Technologies and IDA Ireland have not yet confirmed final job numbers, but the company is actively recruiting.

The company said in a statement: "HCL Technologies can confirm it is working in partnership with the Industrial Development Agency (IDA) in the Republic of Ireland, to establish a European Customer Services Centre in Kilkenny and continue to invest in the local economy."

It said it had "ambitious plans" for the future of the company and was providing considerable investment over the next three years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Danville Business Park was mentioned earlier on KCLR as its location.

ft9 wrote: »
    Danville Business Park was mentioned earlier on KCLR as its location.
    Was thinking that would be the most logical location alright.

More information saying that it will be a software delivery centre.
    An Indian company, providing business services and IT outsourcing, is creating over 200 new jobs in Kilkenny.
    Hindustan Computers Limited, a leading global technology and IT enterprise company, is in the process of establishing a software delivery centre in Kilkenny City.
    Minister for the Environment Phil Hogan, has said that the company which is an IDA Ireland client, will create 120 jobs immediately increasing to 220 over two years at Danville Business Park.
    In a statement of its own HCL Technologies confirmed it was working with the IDA "to establish a European Customer Services Centre in Kilkenny and continue to invest in the local economy."
    HCL's statement said it has ambitious plans for the future and "is providing considerable investment over the next three years, to implement an overall transformation programme that will create a sustainable business model to support future growth."

• Registered Users Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭road_high

This is great news for Kilkenny. I think we are really seeing some benefit of having a minister at the cabinet minister and also the great improvements in the roads access to Dublin from KK. And some of the jobs are advertised already so they are not ficticious.
    80 staff from Clonmel army barracks are to be redeployed up to Kilkenny as well announced. Good job news day for Kilkenny for a change :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

dougal wrote: »
    Good news for the area. Don't know where this will be located or what type of roles offered but they are a very big company.

what was wrong with my thread :-P to mod can you please merge the two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 DowlingKK

Interesting these jobs may be lost from Nothern Ireland.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-1705046

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

DowlingKK wrote: »
    Interesting these jobs may be lost from Nothern Ireland.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-1705046

They changed that link.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-17050469

what was wrong with my thread :-P to mod can you please merge the two.

Sorry didn't see your thread - looks like we were posting at the same time. Great minds....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭mousehouse

HCL provide customer service, credit collections, customer and technical support and more to telecom and banking customers. The jobs announced for Kilkenny are for different providers to those that where offered in Northern Ireland and this centre in Kilkenny shall be the European Customer Service Centre for over 12 countries. Jobs are been advertised now for customer agents and team leaders.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Threads merged

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

Anyone have a link to where the jobs have been posted?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MassDeb8r

OK first of all it's great 200 jobs are (eventually) coming to KK but be under no illusions these are not high-end, most are minimum wage (like the one posted below from irisjobs) and the top salaries for team managers are 21k-25k, low even for a call centre. +1 to IDA though :)

I know a job is a job but with the carlow/waterford institutes so close to KK perhaps this is a good start and will attract higher end jobs (like ones announced by Mastercard) because there are a lot of talented people commuting to Dublin and further afield for lack of good technology jobs

Title: 3D Secure Customer Service
    Date last updated by recruiter:15/02/2012
    Job type:Permanent full-time
    Salary Range: Minimum Wage

Additional benefits:Parking

Tag(s)
    that best describe this job:Call Centre

Customer Service Advisors
    Banking Sector

For a great new opportunity, we are keen to hear from enthusiastic, customer and team focussed individuals with excellent communication skills.

“HCL BSERV offers a variety of learning and development paths for those with the passion to succeed whilst developing your own skills and expertise. Why not propel your career with HCL”

The role: Full time Customer Service Advisors

This is a new and exciting opportunity to be part of a new Customer Service team for a banking client based in HCL Kilkenny operation. The role is an inbound Customer Service Advisor dealing with Banking Clients. Customers will ring in with enquiries about their accounts. The successful candidates will have excellent interpersonal skills, be extremely professional, helpful & polite at all times. The hours of operation are Monday to Friday 8a.m – 8p.m. Candidates will be expected to be flexible to work rotational shifts across these operational hours.

The Person:

◦Passionate about delivering excellent customer service
    ◦Excellent verbal and written communication skills
    ◦Excellent communication skills when dealing with internal/external customers
    ◦Excellent attention to detail
    ◦Planning & organisational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines/time scales

Essential skills & experience:

◦1 year experience in a customer service role

Desirable skills & experience:

◦A minimum of 6 months Customer Service Contact Centre experience is desirable

Salary Range: Minimum Wage

Shifts: Must be fully flexible

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

Not the best of wages on offer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Just applied there. I don't really care about the wages. I'd just be glad to get a bit of money, experience and get out of the house for a few hours during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Imagine if 200 jobs were lost in KIlkenny this week. It would be the lead story in all the news bulletins and the place would be flooded with journalists yearning to spread the bad news.

Instead, we get a good news story, and it's hidden in the third quarter of the 6.1 news, somewhere between bin collecting in Dublin and dolphins in Kerry. Just goes to show that bad news always sells.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Einhard wrote: »
    bad news always sells.

Just had an argument with my da about this, I'm sick of the negativity that newspapers sell putting fear and unnecessary pressure on people.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭t63m

Originally Posted by Einhard
    "bad news always sells"

It's about the only thing selling at the moment

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Just had an argument with my da about this, I'm sick of the negativity that newspapers sell putting fear and unnecessary pressure on people.

You know so am I,

I used to be a big fan of Today FM for years and listened to them every morning and ever evening on the way to work, ok in the evenings it was always the Last Word but I kind of liked it.

However when Ian Dempsey started going on about negative stuff and more so politics thats when I stopped, even though people txt in asking him to stop he wouldn't shut up.

So I gave up listening to Today FM and started listening to audiobooks, far more upbeat and much more entertaining.

To hell with all this bad news!

I see the KK People/Phil Hogan Gazette was cheering these jobs as another Phil Hogan achievement ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Scallion 'ater

It has nothing whatsoever to do with Kilkenny having a seat at the cabinet table. 1,000 jobs in Dundalk this week despite no cabinet minister. All good news either way.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with Kilkenny having a seat at the cabinet table. 1,000 jobs in Dundalk this week despite no cabinet minister. All good news either way.

I think that's a slightly naive view especially in the context of Irish politics!! Much as I wouldn't be Phil Hogan's no.1 fan, I sincerely doubt we'd be dicussing these jobs for KK if he weren't at that cabinet table. He's more or less second in command after Kenny I believe and very much of the old school Irish parish-pump politics. Not that I'm complaining because the opposite has been true in Carlow/KK where we were pretty much forgotten about for everything. We are bottom of the IDA league and way behind far less well located counties in the west and midlands.

And I don't think it's the role of govt to create jobs. They create the conditions to encourage jobs such as infrastractural development.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Scallion 'ater

I agree with you Fitzy that PH is a parish pumper alright but IDA jobs are not like lottery grants - cabinet ministers don't get their hands on them as the IDA guards its independence carefully with location decisions being a matter for the company. 1,000 jobs for Dundalk illustrates this. If PH really had influence wouldn't he have reversed the announcements with Dundalk getting 200 jobs and Kilkenny 1,000?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭domkk

As these jobs are being advertised for hcl in conjunction with Bank of Ireland, and located up danville business park.
    Does this mean that the B.o.I building is being extended to facilitate these new vacancies? The units across from B.o.I seen very small if the company is setting up offices there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Dymo

After following these jobs it appears to me that it's not 200 new jobs but 200 jobs that are being outsourced to HCL and going by there wage rates it's a cost saving venture by Bank of Ireland and if this is a success BOL will keep outsourcing their call centre jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Did anyone get a job with these guys in the end? where are they based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Did anyone get a job with these guys in the end? where are they based?

Loughboy Industrial Estate, although a load of people have been taken on, and are being paid, HCL haven't actually gone live for a few weeks, so presumably original callcentre is taking the work at the moment. Think they are going live this week. I know two people who took a job with them and a third was offered one.

Advertisement