Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi lost and found

• 13-10-2005 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭paulmartin

Is there a lost and found for stuff lost in taxis in dublin? Where do taxi drivers normally leave stuff they find?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭ Summer Gorgeous Zipper

paulmartin wrote:
    Is there a lost and found for stuff lost in taxis in dublin? Where do taxi drivers normally leave stuff they find?

Buy and Sell.

Seriously though
    http://www.garda.ie/angarda/trafdiv/caroff.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

paulmartin wrote:
    try here, it's where taxi drivers normally leave stuff found in their car. I got my mobile back from here, then lost it the following weekend for good :rolleyes:

The Carriage Office
    General Office: 01-6669850/1/2/3.
    Property Room/Front counter 01-6669857

http://www.garda.ie/angarda/trafdiv/caroff.html

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭sector

PaschalNee wrote:
    Buy and Sell.

LOL!

I'm always hearing stories of drivers leaving in obviously valuable items such as purses, you've a good chance of getting it back if the driver finds it, most of them are very honest, but it's not always the driver who may find the item.

If it is valuable & you get it back it might be a nice gesture to leave him a tip? (just a suggestion) & no i'm not a taxi driver!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭paulmartin

PaschalNee wrote:
    Buy and Sell.

LOL

Well thanks, fortunately the garda carriage office just rang a phone i had been ringing the lost phone with, to say they found it, thanks anyway. not sure if i'll ever see the taxi driver again to give a tip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭AndyWarhol

paulmartin wrote:

Yes, it's the Carriage Office all right and it's here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

PaschalNee wrote:
    Buy and Sell.

Lol! :D That's classic, coz it's true! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rkeego

if the taxi driver who took my fare tonight @11.30pm from navan road to blackrock realises my suitcase is in your boot please hand it in to store street, finglas, cabra or blackrock garda station. Thanks you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

rkeego wrote: »
    if the taxi driver who took my fare tonight @11.30pm from navan road to blackrock realises my suitcase is in your boot please hand it in to store street, finglas, cabra or blackrock garda station. Thanks you

Hi RKeego, think you misunderstood this (old) thread. It just has contact information on where to call if you lose something in a taxi. Very unlikely that any taxi drivers read it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 meelo33

i lost an iphone 4s in a taxi from coppers to bray on monday night i no therss a slim chance of gettin it back but thers a reward if i do would wews the best place to try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I was in a taxi with a couple of my mates on Sunday night and as we were getting out the taximan reminded us to check that we had our wallets and phones. Taximen seem to get bad press more often than not so I thought I'd report on something that I thought was good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Lauren86

Hi, today I took a taxi with my partner on Sandwith Street to go to South King Street. The driver was a nice guy who told us stories from his childhood, went to school on Westland Row and used to take bagels from a bakery called the Flamingo. He was about to go back home after dropping us, said he lived close to Stephen's Green. I lost a handmade beaded necklace with brown, blue and transparent beads in the taxi. It's not of great value but the sentimental one, I don't have much hope, but you never know... Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Gae

Not the Carriage Office as others are suggesting:

The Carriage Office no longer deals with lost property. There are 5 designated Garda stations in the Dublin area that manage property that has been found in taxis. The stations are:

Irishtown: 01 666 9600
    Store Street: 01 666 8000
    Finglas: 01 666 7500
    Tallaght: 01 666 6000
    Shankill: 01 666 5900

Any person wishing to trace property left in a taxi should contact any of the above Garda stations or their local Garda station.

http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=100

EDIT: realised it's an old thread (hence the old advice), anyway, I'll leave the updated details here for anyone who needs them

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sonia167

Hello last night i took Taxi from Inchicore to Ranelagh Main street near UlsterBank ... and i forgot my SAMSUNG GALAXY Note II in that Black Taxi ....

Sir, if u read this message u can contact by Personal Message

I will be Kindly Thankful to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Best to contact the Garda at the above contact points.

Old thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement