Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Anyone ever use Sally Hanson (sp?) tan before? My cousin recommended it. The wipes aren't great it has to be said.. :o
    Are you near a penneys? Go in and buy yourself a bottle of St Moriz, the mousse one. It's 4 euro and it's brilliant.

And don't be minding your mother either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Anyone ever use Sally Hanson (sp?) tan before? My cousin recommended it. The wipes aren't great it has to be said.. :o

Yeah, love it! It's called makeup for your legs sometimes, it's great, can be washed off if it goes wrong and blended really easily. Just make sure not to spray it on from too close.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I've used it a few times 'cause I have really sensitive skin and when I shave, I get shaving rash so I used it to try hide that! I thought it was alright but to be honest, didn't think it was worth the hype.

I'd agree with what Maple has suggested. I've seen it on a few of my friends and it looked good and I put it on a friends back before and the application was nice and smooth! :)
    Maple wrote: »
    Are you near a penneys? Go in and buy yourself a bottle of St Moriz, the mousse one. It's 4 euro and it's brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Yeah, love it! It's called makeup for your legs sometimes, it's great, can be washed off if it goes wrong and blended really easily. Just make sure not to spray it on from too close.

Spray it onto a glove rather than directly onto your skin, and try not to blend any area too much or it'll just come off. Still good stuff though, it covers any blemishes/veins/blotchiness. It takes a good scrubbing to get it off though, especially if it's the waterproof one!

My sister swears by the St Moritz, but I personally found it a bit blotchy, though I was in a rush applying it!

My favourite tan is the gradual Loreal Sublime Bronze, the colour is nice and it comes up well even after one application.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Jane ya better put up a pic of yourself in your dress in the know your loungers!

My dude wears a uniform to work everyday. As soon as he puts on the beret I go weak at the knees.

Did I mention the boy broke out his old Navy Uniform the other week? The beret is the best bit..... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

awec wrote: »
    Seriously girls, wet look gel? That makes your hair go hard? Noooo. :(

I put this powder stuff in my hair, it doesn't cause the hair to clump together, doesn't dry out hard and my hair looks dry. Hair sits in place perfect too!

So a win all round! :):p

i dont like it when there is too much on it....i dont like touching sticky hair :pac:
    when there is way too much on it its overkill!
    but then again each to their own :)

quick question awec would you get mad if someone touched your hair after you did it? i dont understand why...its easily put back in place??

if you dont have a straightener handy hairspray and a clip also works! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

So, I had my Motivation assessment today and it turns out I have the metabolism of a 39 year old, my BMI is 41.8 (a normal range BMI is between 20-25) and my total bodyfat is 52%. In other words, I'm officially obese. Fortunately, the girl who consulted with me was lovely and helpful, explaining the whole plan to me and after some careful calculations, worked out that for my height and stature, I would need to lose a grand total of 10 stone to reach my ideal body weight, meaning I would end up as 11 stone 6lbs.
    Personally, I think I'd be as skinny as Lisbeth Salender if I was that weight but I'm not the expert here so what the hell do I know. (That said, If I was that skinny, I'd so rock the punk look!)

In all seriousness, though, I'm hellbent on starting this 20 week course. It'll cost about €550 so it's time to raid my savings. I'm fed up with groaning everytime I stand up out of a chair or getting out of breath everytime I climb a flight of stairs. I haven't been skinny since I was 10 years old and I'm fed up of paying through the nose for plus size clothes instead of shopping in Penneys like a regular Jane Soap.
    No more pretending I'm fat and fabulous. I'm ****ing sick of being everyone's "jolly chubby friend". I want to be able to wear nice clothes, run for a bus without collasping in a breathless heap and I want to starve off the threat of diabetes.
    This program seems to be tailor made for me- I've tried everything else.
    It's do or die time. As Yoda once said: Do or do not. There is no try.
    On a brighter note, I discovered that since I was last weighted, I've lost a stone and I can now fit into my size 22 jeans again! *does happy dance* I've been watching my food intake all week in my food diary so this is a good start.
    Wish me luck, folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I <3 Sally Hansen. I spray onto hand/glove and mix with a little baby oil and it is a lot easier to apply, doesn't look greasy or shiny either :)

Just got a call to do an interview for another job on Tuesday!! It's closer to me and would be full-time or part-time as opposed to just holiday cover in the one I was offered last week! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Best of luck, McChubbin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

McChubbin wrote: »
    So, I had my Motivation assessment today and it turns out I have the metabolism of a 39 year old, my BMI is 41.8 (a normal range BMI is between 20-25) and my total bodyfat is 52%. In other words, I'm officially obese. Fortunately, the girl who consulted with me was lovely and helpful, explaining the whole plan to me and after some careful calculations, worked out that for my height and stature, I would need to lose a grand total of 10 stone to reach my ideal body weight, meaning I would end up as 11 stone 6lbs.
    Personally, I think I'd be as skinny as Lisbeth Salender if I was that weight but I'm not the expert here so what the hell do I know. (That said, If I was that skinny, I'd so rock the punk look!)

In all seriousness, though, I'm hellbent on starting this 20 week course. It'll cost about €550 so it's time to raid my savings. I'm fed up with groaning everytime I stand up out of a chair or getting out of breath everytime I climb a flight of stairs. I haven't been skinny since I was 10 years old and I'm fed up of paying through the nose for plus size clothes instead of shopping in Penneys like a regular Jane Soap.
    No more pretending I'm fat and fabulous. I'm ****ing sick of being everyone's "jolly chubby friend". I want to be able to wear nice clothes, run for a bus without collasping in a breathless heap and I want to starve off the threat of diabetes.
    On a brighter note, I discovered that since I was last weighted, I've lost a stone and I can now fit into my size 22 jeans again! *does happy dance* I've been watching my food intake all week in my food diary so this is a good start.
    Wish me luck, folks.

Huge well done to you. Keep posting, I'm sure your positive attitude will help many others x

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Wish me luck, folks.

Best of luck to you! It sounds like you really have the motivation, so it should be no problem. And well done on already having lost a stone!

Yes.

Especially if someone runs their hands through it or something.

excuse my ignorance seeing as i dont have man hair but would it not be easily put back in place? i assume it would be but that is just me...
    im guessing for gel it could be...would it be the same for the powder?

i dont do it....i know better coz im pretty sure i would get punched or something :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

@PhysiologyRocks, Larriane, Albection, Almostnever and Sillymoo, yis are only great, thanks :) It was a very long period without sleep yesterday, and yeah :o (4 hours really does put the shine on you doesn't it :D )

@SillyMoo CONGRATULATIONS DR MOO! :D So so chuffed for ya!

@ the Ladies Lounge en masse, exams suck, bad interviews suck and phones suck but we be better than them all. (seriously, 4 hours, like a new hyper hyper hallmark card of a person.. )
    And again, thanks, the words were muchly appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Thanks very muck, folks! :D
    I'll be sure to keep y'all updated my progress.
    In other news, finally picked up an O2 money card. I've got €20 on it but I've no idea what to buy for that amount- the shipping alone would cost around €15 if I decided to go for that Spongebob dufflebag I spotted on TruffleShuffle. I might do what the girl suggested and keep topping up until I get a balance of €100+ and then spree like a mad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

So, apparently I need to go get a massage - that pesky nerve I fecked up in fifth year is coming back to haunt me and is whats causing the rest of the problems, the shooting pains in arm and chest, which are causing my breathing to be compromised as other muscles are getting inflamed, causing heart rate to rise, causing me to panic and freak out. Seriously, I will never be able to forget working for that stupid supermarket.... Doctor has prescribed a massage. Its now that I really wish me and the Massage Therapist Ex were close friends....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Did I mention the boy broke out his old Navy Uniform the other week? The beret is the best bit..... ;)

I don't really like boys in that kind of uniform, berets are entirely not sexy! Girls always swoon over the fireman uniform if I mentioned my boyfriend is one, I think they have some unrealistic American stripper image in their head :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Acoshla wrote: »
    I don't really like boys in that kind of uniform, berets are entirely not sexy!

No no no... berets can be totally sexy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Wish me luck, folks.

That's brilliant! It's always a good encourgement to realise you've lost weight without even trying.. so onwards and upwards (or, in the case of the scales, downwards!) from here :)

The only advice I'll give (and it's advice I'll be having to take myself over the summer) is not to get discouraged if you don't hit your targets every single week. Your body will adjust, then readjust, and repeat to infinity. Just keep with it and allow for the occasional bump, because chances are, overall, the numbers will be going in the right direction :)

Good luck!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Apparently I'm too plain not to wear brightly coloured eyeshadow..

Jane, I think I'm wearing similar colours to you at the wedding I've to go to at the weekend. Blues and teal, but anytime I've tried to wear green or blue on the eyes I look awful.

I've blue eyes so I will be using browns and a hint of golds. Failsafe, and subtle, and looks way better in pictures - bright colours can look very harsh and ageing.

If you had to absolutely wear brighter colours, a very workable shade is any kind of mauve/pinky tones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

And the look on his face when he puts it in.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmm :o

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Neyite wrote: »
    Jane, I think I'm wearing similar colours to you at the wedding I've to go to at the weekend. Blues and teal, but anytime I've tried to wear green or blue on the eyes I look awful.

I've blue eyes so I will be using browns and a hint of golds. Failsafe, and subtle, and looks way better in pictures - bright colours can look very harsh and ageing.

If you had to absolutely wear brighter colours, a very workable shade is any kind of mauve/pinky tones.

I've got blue eyes as well. I put on a dark green eye shadow earlier to see what it's like on my eyes and it's nice but not sure if it will be okay with the dress. I wear glasses and they're red so I feel like they hide my eyes sometimes..

The green one on the bottom left is the one I tried.

essence-eyeshadows.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    And the look on his face when he puts it in.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmm :o

:eek:

If you wear gel and someone starts fecking about with your hair it's really hard to fix, because gel sets dry and once it's dry you can't reshape if you know what I mean. You'd probably have to wash your hair and start again.

With the powder stuff it's fixable becaues it doesn't actually dry, but it's not wet either. Just takes time and effort. Be like you getting your hair sitting as you want it and me coming over and frizzing it all up. You can fix it but it's annoying.

i didnt even think about the gel staying in place...of course it would be hard to fix *idiot alert* i just assumed if it was knocked out of place you could put it back into place if that makes sense??
    sorry i really dont have an experience with using gel in my hair :o

also sorry about the questions....i was just curious and i dont know why to be honest! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Jessibelle wrote: »

@SillyMoo CONGRATULATIONS DR MOO! :D So so chuffed for ya!

Aww shucks thanks! We won't get carried away just yet though - results next week :)

i half tempted to order some chinese food for dinner!

after a horrific exam and loads of study i am not in the mood to cook!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Defo, love the army look, not gone on guards or firemen or postmen or milkmen. For me the army look is just right (take me back 16 years and i was filling out an army application form but hid it under my bed as i thought my parents would kill me if i joined up, sometimes i wonder what would have happened if i just posted the dam thing)

Remember taking a flight out of shannon and the US army were there around 300 of them, MY goodness they are big fellas, i swear not one was under 6 foot. There were really really toned and really broad. The Irish/English army are not as well built as the Americans...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement