Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

plug ins

• 22-02-2012 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Looking to download some eq and compression plug ins where can i get good ones and how would i install them into pro tools?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

by 'get' i presume you mean buy? as there are only a small handful available free in rtas format and none free in aax. go to avid's website and find the plugins page. this will tell you all available and give you developers website to buy them.

you install them like you would any vst plugin.

werent you advertising your sevices as a studio before? surely you already have plugins? most come in multi-format when you buy them and then you choose what format to install.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

I always used outboard gear before it came into pro tools, after getting rid of alot of my outboard gear though.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Paolo_M

I downloaded the T-Racks demo and I really like it.
    I'm going to buy it with the current deal that's on I think.
    That saturation/clipping, Pultec style EQ, linear phase EQ, Fairchild comp and opto are all very nice to my ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Masseyplugins should be top of anyone's first Protools additions.

Great performers ( even in free Demo Mode) and very affordable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Masseyplugins should be top of anyone's first Protools additions.

Great performers ( even in free Demo Mode) and very affordable.

Yip... I have the paid version of Massey's Tape Sat which sounds great. I've been meaning to get some more of his stuff.

I also have T-Racks3... with the current deal, you get a lot of decent plug-ins for your money. It's quite useful in standalone mode too as a mastering suite.

Also, try these free plug-ins from Plug-In Alliance - I really like 'em.... 4 free plug-ins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭SeanHurley

+1 for the massey stuff, great company, great philosphy, great price, great plugins. I own the CT4, L2007 and DRT and love them all.

The CLA compressors from Waves are also worth checking out although I have found that because they sound so fantastic I over used them and when used en mass they can make mixes sound small. Having said that the blue stripe 1176 on vocals is whopper.

If you are looking for versatile and neutral plugs the sonnox stuff is pretty good - although I don't own anything by them I have just demoed.

A UAD card is worth checking out also - their Neve 33609 compressor is fan-tas-tic!

Demo some stuff man and see what you like - almost all plugin companies give you demos.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭PMI

Try this one

plug-in-prius-610.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

I'm not exactly in a position to give recommendations but the URS Phat C imo is fantastic.
    I love it on drums:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

seannash wrote: »
    I'm not exactly in a position to give recommendations but the URS Phat C imo is fantastic.
    I love it on drums:D

shame they made us pay and never went beyond beta :mad:

it is great but so buggy for me, gr meter works once every blue moon!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

shame they made us pay and never went beyond beta :mad:

it is great but so buggy for me, gr meter works once every blue moon!
    Cant say its given me much problems.Like I said no expert but it did make a world of difference to my drums IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭mkegvn

http://www.dontcrack.com/freeware/software.php/id/7037/audio/Plug-ins-%26amp-effects/

Some really good stuff up there. Check it out. Definitely get the Massey Demos. These are great too:

http://www.soundtoys.com/product/SoundToys%20Native%20Effects.

What version of Pro Tools are you running?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭mkegvn

Here's a free soundtoys plugin. A nice one too. https://www.soundtoys.com/sxsw2012/&rc=395-5655-421

Advertisement