Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live recording problem

• 04-07-2012 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Im trying to do more live comms. The problem is that I use Roxio to record the visual and game sound while I use audacity to record my voice. When I go to edit my clips my voice is running slower than the game clip so that even when I sync them up perfectly there could be a 10-20 second difference at the end of the video which is ass when Im trying to talk about whats on screen.

Any ideas?

Im converting raw audio files from audacity to MP3 - maybe something is going wrong there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Kingpin187

hmm I dont think the converting of the file is the issue mate.. When I have done live comms. I convert to wma and can sync up fine after that.. takes patience to sync it up perfectly and how I want it, but I get there

What program are you using to sync up audio and video? Vegas?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Had the same issue with Audacity, so now I either set an Audio track recording in Sony Vegas or record in Mixcraft 5.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

Kingpin187 wrote: »
    hmm I dont think the converting of the file is the issue mate.. When I have done live comms. I convert to wma and can sync up fine after that.. takes patience to sync it up perfectly and how I want it, but I get there

What program are you using to sync up audio and video? Vegas?

no I use the programme that came with the roxio - I cant think of the name of it off hand but normally I find it very good

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

No so much a live recording problem but is there a program ppl recommend for recording voice?
    I've only used the sound recorder program the comes with windows

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

If you're not recording your mic audio with the program you're recording your other stuff with, then use Audacity.

• Advertisement
Advertisement