Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Apogee

banie01 wrote: »
    Yep, Certain and its the same issue when I change the tuner priority.
    When the timer starts, the only channels that aren't ''greyed out'' are the ones on the TP that I'm recording despite all tuners and sats being available before the timer starts.
    It acts as if only a single feed is set up.

Well, if only the channels on the one TP are available and all others are greyed out, then that points to a firmware issue, rather than anything wrong with your hardware.

I presume that the same thing happens if you decide to record something from 13E, for example, all other channels on the other tuner (e.g. 9e, 28e, 16e and 4.8e), are similarly 'greyed out'?
    What stumps me is that while this behaviour is displayed regardless of settings on the .679 build when I revert to an older build (.534) the issue does not occur whatsoever.

That would appear to confirm this is a bug in the firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

Yep, Certain and its the same issue when I change the tuner priority.
    When the timer starts, the only channels that aren't ''greyed out'' are the ones on the TP that I'm recording despite all tuners and sats being available before the timer starts.
    It acts as if only a single feed is set up.

what happens if you stream a channel over the webif, and then try to view another channel on your tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,342 ✭✭✭✭banie01

kierank01 wrote: »
    what happens if you stream a channel over the webif, and then try to view another channel on your tv?

If I try to stream anything from a different TP or tuner it just fails out(Unless its the USB tuner).
    I'm going to assume that the issue with this was caused by some from some file or directory becoming corrupted during my initial upgrade to .679.

I have flashed a clean .679 build and and ran a fresh install with no settings backup restoed and it is working fine now.

I flagged this issue to Andy on WOS and I have a backup of the initial .679 image with the issue and the issue is verifiable and repeatable on that....
    But Andy has his hands full, and the likelihood is that it was some corruption somewhere on my side that caused this glitch rather than an image bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭dnme

Two questions for you.

1. Where do I place my cccam.cfg file?
    2. Is the VIX image still being updated? What is everyone using on their VU Duo's these days?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

dnme wrote: »
    Two questions for you.

1. Where do I place my cccam.cfg file?
    2. Is the VIX image still being updated? What is everyone using on their VU Duo's these days?

Thanks

1. CCcam.cfg normally goes in /etc
    2. Yes, VIX still being updated
    Don't have a Duo, but VIX or BH seem to most popular images

• Advertisement

1. CCcam.cfg normally goes in /etc
    2. Yes, VIX still being updated
    Don't have a Duo, but VIX or BH seem to most popular images

Many thanks, do you know where VIX can be downloaded from? If I remember, it had its own website but I cannot find it now.

Many thanks, do you know where VIX can be downloaded from? If I remember, it had its own website but I cannot find it now.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/index.php

Yea I remember that site, but I seem to recall that they then opened up a dedicated VIX url ?? Anyway, seems that the latest VIX image on the website you posted, is dated August 2012 so I wonder if work on the image has ground to a halt?

Yea I remember that site, but I seem to recall that they then opened up a dedicated VIX url ?? Anyway, seems that the latest VIX image on the website you posted, is dated August 2012 so I wonder if work on the image has ground to a halt?

Need to open your eyes a bit:P
    Look across top menu bar for 'VIX Images'

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/

Very active on the image front still.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Trusty vu+ duo being brought back into service after a year in storage (renovations), would anyone be able to share a bouquet for 28.2 including three rock saorview pls?

Thanks for link above to current vix.

• Advertisement

edanto wrote: »
    Trusty vu+ duo being brought back into service after a year in storage (renovations), would anyone be able to share a bouquet for 28.2 including three rock saorview pls?

Thanks for link above to current vix.

If you are using the current VIX you have no need for a 28.2 bouquet as the Autobouquets maker will create and keep up to date a bouquet for you.
    Press Menu>Setup>Service Searching>Autobouquets Maker
    Then you can select your Region including NI\ROI and any UK region preferred, enable HD swap, create seperate bouquets for Entertainment, Movies, Sports, etc. and set it to run automatically to update channels automatically.
    As for the 3 rock saorview bouquet, just run a manual scan on your DVB-T tuner on 738mhz with the step interval changed to 8mhz the scan will create a bouquet for you in last scanned and you can just rename it to Irish DTT via your remote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

During the VIX setup wizard, there is a screen which lets you adjust horizontal & vertical. At the time, it didn't look like I needed to make any changes, but I see now that I should have tweaked it a bit. How in the world do I get back into that menu?

Have tried

Setup/System/A/V Settings, Display, Customize ? No sign of those settings, but they must be somewhere!

Separately, I wanted to check the new sat cables I've run in, and went to Satfinder. It crashed the box, black screen, and this has happened twice now, including a reflash with the latest VIX. Anything better to do than just trying it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dotts

edanto wrote: »
    During the VIX setup wizard, there is a screen which lets you adjust horizontal & vertical. At the time, it didn't look like I needed to make any changes, but I see now that I should have tweaked it a bit. How in the world do I get back into that menu?

Have tried

Setup/System/A/V Settings, Display, Customize ? No sign of those settings, but they must be somewhere!

Separately, I wanted to check the new sat cables I've run in, and went to Satfinder. It crashed the box, black screen, and this has happened twice now, including a reflash with the latest VIX. Anything better to do than just trying it again?

Not sure if this is what your looking for but try setup/system/osd/osd position setup

• Registered Users Posts: 23,798 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

didnt realise there was a thread dedicated to vu
    got a vu+duo which ive been having a go at since
    thursday on and off

anyone around the galway area got one of these and whos
    pretty knowledgeable on these?

please help me as im having all sorts of problems (pm if possible)
    very frustrated here...
    thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭swoofer

is it a clone or an original? and what problems are you having? there are quite a few set up guides around.

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    is it a clone or an original? and what problems are you having? there are quite a few set up guides around.

ive looked at a few and have got to a certain point but ive
    hit a brick wall trying to extract a file onto the receiver and
    its going on about config files missing

its an original

mailburner wrote: »
    ive looked at a few and have got to a certain point but ive
    hit a brick wall trying to extract a file onto the receiver and
    its going on about config files missing

its an original

If you are getting a message about config files then you are most likely missing files from whichever softcam you are trying to use.
    i.e cccam, mgcamd, newcam or oscam.
    If you give an outline of what you are trying to do and what cam you are using, have you edited and input your boxkey? and setup any required config file?(While remembering any CS talk is against the rules)
    I'm sure someone here can help get ya up and running.

got sorted about an hour ago

thanks very much lads

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

I am trying to SFTP to my vu duo but it wont let me.

It says 'cannot intialize SFTP protocol. Is the host running a SFTP server? ' and closes the connection.

Can anybody tell me what im doing wrong? I looked for any settings on the box with SFTP but i found nothing. The box is running a FTP panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭slegs

JonnyM wrote: »
    I am trying to SFTP to my vu duo but it wont let me.

It says 'cannot intialize SFTP protocol. Is the host running a SFTP server? ' and closes the connection.

Can anybody tell me what im doing wrong? I looked for any settings on the box with SFTP but i found nothing. The box is running a FTP panel.

use regular FTP port 21...

• Advertisement

slegs wrote: »
    use regular FTP port 21...

nice swan!!

Is it possible to watch a programme while its recording??

Im sure i did this before :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Yes

Is it possible to watch a programme while its recording??

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Tony wrote: »
    Yes

Thanks for answering! :rolleyes:

Whats with the rolleyes? If you want a detailed answer then you should ask a detailed question.

Thanks for answering! :rolleyes:

Tony wrote: »
    Whats with the rolleyes? If you want a detailed answer then you should ask a detailed question.

im soooooo sorry for not asking a detailed question, you must be so perfect! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Whatever dude. This is hardly going to help you solve your problem so I'll leave you to it.

im soooooo sorry for not asking a detailed question, you must be so perfect! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Folks,
    I'm having an issue with my Duo lately where when I'm watching a channel where the picture will freeze and a ''tune failed'' message will appear for a few seconds before the picture resumes as normal.

It's most definitely not a card or Cam issue.
    I've ruled out the Diseqc switches and the LNBs(Swapped in some new ones but anyway its unlikely that 7 LNBs and 2 Switches would all fail at once)
    If I had to guess at what the cause is, I would nearly guess at blown capacitors(Similar to the SkyHD Thomson issue??)
    But I'm just wondering has anyone encountered similar?
    Is it a known issue?
    Before I crack her open to check it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Mr Guinness.

I had no problem like that with my vu.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Is it a clone ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement