Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

childhood cartoons that scared you/creeped you out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

• Registered Users Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭policarp

The Bible mostly.
    An eye for an eye.
    That made me think of gougers. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Powerpuff girls was freaking badass for the most part. I loved it. There was, however, one villain who scared the living shït out of me.

Him.

That cartoon villain was the damned incarnation of evil, he even looked like Satan. Fücking creepy bastard. Still scares me, in fact, he's like a nightmare man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭policarp

Punch and Judy.
    And the policeman. . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

Powerpuff girls was freaking badass for the most part. I loved it. There was, however, one villain who scared the living shït out of me.

Him.

That cartoon villain was the damned incarnation of evil, he even looked like Satan. Fücking creepy bastard. Still scares me, in fact, he's like a nightmare man.
    i loved powerpuff girls- have u a pic of him? i dont remember "him"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

justryan wrote: »

cant remember this as a kid ... but ...

argh ... argh .... ARGH ... ARGHHHHHH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Him.

Scared the **** outta me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

i loved powerpuff girls- have u a pic of him? i dont remember "him"

A selection of scenes involving Him. The monster.

Thinking back, Courage the Cowardly Dog had some pantshítting moments, haven't seen it in years though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

How do I post a picture without the link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

When the Wind Blows, had me looking for the local nuclear shelter.

that really got to me too.

full movie:

bet it freaks out grownups too

A selection of scenes involving Him. The monster.

no

no

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i forgot about "him" jesus i repressed some crap- a red man in boiling water- how the hell did i repress that !!!!!!!!!:mad:

Paddy Cow wrote: »

nota "childhood cartoon" but still creepy in its day

i have chucky 1- 5 and still love a good marathon of it - 5 is just awful though... awful :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

It wasn't a cartoon.. but Supergran frightened the sh1te out of me :eek:

grane.jpg

I think it was the walking stick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

that fkcing HR Pufnstuff, still gives me nightmares that bsatard, Jimmy was no better, and the witch.. grrr

sh1t I am actually having a fcking breakdown, tripping off my head with this sh1t at age 5 or thereabouts... no wonder Im the psiko I am today FU HR, just FU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Charley Says. It was a series of animated public information films where a cat called Charley would give advice to the boy who owned him when the boy was about to do something stupid. Charley would miaow indecipherably but the boy would translate what he had said, which would be things like "Charley says always tell mummy where you're going" or "Charley says don't get in cars with strangers".

The cartoon was sampled by The Prodigy in the nineties for the incredibly irritating 'song' Charly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

Miaow miaow mew-mew mew mew.
    Charley says: 'always tell your mommy before you go off somewhere'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭Archeron

Ulysses 31 in the 80's with their big room full of floating coma people.

Also, every single character in Robin and Rosie of Cockleshell Bay. Those dead staring eyes.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

This scene used to really freak me out when I was little, not sure why..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mick990

Anyone see the cartoon about the rabbits killing each other ? I'm nearly sure it was called Watership Down or something .

I was 4 or 5 when I see it and I can still remember how sh1t scared I was watching . I'm 30 now as I still wouldn't watch it again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

This wasn't a cartoon either but it creeped me out altogether.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3ztIDFU2P8&feature=related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

On a simialr note, this creep off the Numberjacks on CBeebies completely freaks out my young fella, he legs it out of the room if he hears the music, I can kind of see why...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAdVTRVPRo0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

There was an episode of the Winnie The Pooh animated show where all the main characters were shrank and went under Christopher Robin's bed or something to confront a big ball of slime/dirt that was under there... it freaked the hell out of me as a kid.

Also, an episode of Are You Afraid Of The Dark gave me nightmares for years: a character opens the door of a cupboard that contains something...and this pair of the most evil-looking, glowing red eyes stares back out... I screamed and was crying for hours, so freaked out was I by said eyes. and every time the lights went out, I kept thinking those red eyes were going to be staring at me. Had to sleep with the light on for months!!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Moomins. Freaks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

When the Wind Blows, had me looking for the local nuclear shelter.

That film gave me a genuine terror of Nuclear war as a 6year old. Thats not a fear a child that young should have!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I remember in the late 80's I saw this claymation animation on RTE
    ,I think it might have been French,about a clown at the circus who suddenly found he couldent take off his makeup and everywhere he go's people are laughing at him.Eventually he ends up hanging himself.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Eviledna wrote: »
    I still have nightmares about POB.
    That freak! He was evil! The way he hawed at the windscreen and slowly wiped it clean. It's something a serial killer would do.

And why did he constantly un-knit himself and make people follow the thread until they found him? It's like leaving a trail of your own blood behind, a sickening Hansel & Gretel twist thrown out by a psychotic puppet.

Others agree: his freakiness is in the urban dictionary definition of pob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    How do I post a picture without the link?

Upload it to Image Shack and you'll get the code, not sure if that's the quickest way but it works.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

When I was little this really used to get me.........scary at the time, now just great :D

Advertisement