Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social: The Schroedinger Beers - Saturday 28th April, Balham/Clapham

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

I can prolly make this too! Saaaaaaarf...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

I should actually be in London on the 28. Huzzah

• Registered Users Posts: 9,341 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

So you guys usually like going for pre-drink burgers?

And what sort pub do you tend to chose?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 10,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Saturday 14th April
    S.M.B. wrote: »
    So you guys usually like going for pre-drink burgers?

And what sort pub do you tend to chose?

There is a pronounced tendency for pre-beer grub to be generally burger-like in nature, though it's not actually set in stone...

Any pub that's likely to have space for us, preferably with a decent selection of beers, will do. Preferably ones that don't use obnoxiously loud music as a way to make you talk less and drink more, though that depends on how far into the night we are ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭iambrazil

Saturday 28th April
    Hopefully I'll be along to this. Venue suggestion for some part of the evening - Draft House, 94 Northcote Road, SW11 6QW.

My one visit to Clapham is a bit of a blur. I probably wasn't in here. The Tower Bridge branch is nice though. Good food, good beers and Ghostbusters wallpaper.

• Advertisement

iambrazil wrote: »
    ...and Ghostbusters wallpaper.
    Well that settles it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Awesome timing! That's my only free weekend in 2 months so might actually make this one.

Bit of a trek to SW though but shouldn't be a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭pirateninja

Saturday 21st April
    I'm meant to be moving house all that weekend but I might just leave that to himself since we live in SW anyway! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

iambrazil wrote: »
    Hopefully I'll be along to this. Venue suggestion for some part of the evening - Draft House, 94 Northcote Road, SW11 6QW.

My one visit to Clapham is a bit of a blur. I probably wasn't in here. The Tower Bridge branch is nice though. Good food, good beers and Ghostbusters wallpaper.

That's Battersea, not Clapham. Battersea beats Clapham with a big stick, rather like a hurley, only bigger.

Thant is a nice bar with a great if pricey drinks selection, but gets seriously wedged. The Eagle's Nest a bit further down is a good spot too, quieter with again a great quality draft beer range though smaller.

Right. Let's get this party started. Saturday night, dahn sarf. Who's in fo' sho' and where are we going? There are many options. Food - maybe Bodean's? We might need a reservation for there though if there's a group of us. Re: bars - could go across the road to the Belle Vue initially if that suited? Though there are lots more around. I'm just throwing these out there to get the ball moving.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 10,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Saturday 14th April
    Bodean's it shall be! (NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM!). Let's meet there at 6 so we can head in and join the queue/get a table at around 6:15 we might get away with not booking. We may just have to wing it though.

As for pubs, we can try the Belle Vue, the Royal Oak, The Loft
    and if all else fails there's the Clarence in Balham about 10-15 minutes walk away which seemed to work out pretty well last time we were round there.

As usual, if anyone hasn't been along before PM me so we can exchange numbers and I'll keep you up to date with where we are.

Expect me to be there and prepare appropriately

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Shall be there at 6pm! Hurrah for food. Fysh, you have my number I think. See ye all then!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaVanilla

Sounds great! I'll be there at 6 pm with EmilieC :D

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Saturday 7th April
    See you all at 6 for food too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Damn! I foolishly perused the Bodean's menu this morning and now I'm going to be hungry all day :(

Damn! I foolishly perused the Bodean's menu this morning and now I'm going to be hungry all day :(
    Oh jeez, and Im meant to have gone veggie ... Well that puts that lifestyle change off for another weekend!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

They do have a veggie option...if you think you can resist the variety of meat they have on offer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Dr.Giggles

Saturday 28th April
    count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 9,341 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Will try make the post-food drinks part of the get together.

Sure Clapham's only down the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭fluke

Saturday 21st April
    Hey,

I'll also try make the post-food drinks part. Mind you it might be a bit of a journey depending on where I'm coming from. If I don't see ye have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

I'm gonna go along to this, sure why not! I just recently moved to Clapham North.

I'll pm Fysh as I haven't been along to one of these before.

I'll be there for food but may be slightly late

Home warm and dry!!! Discovered my boots aren't waterproof...

Lovely to meet ye tonight, nice to see new faces too. Totally stuffed still after that meal.. A lesson learned perhaps not to add dessert :)

Hope ye all get home safe;)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Really good meeting you all :)

I may invest in a waterproof shirt or an umbrella for future events. The initial 3 and half months here had fooled me into thinking it didn't rain in London.

I got home safe, it was touch and go with the mammoth 40 second walk from The Clapham North :p

Saturday 14th April
    Well, that was a great night. Sorry for bailing out early, I think I still have a bit of a meat hangover now. Dessert was delicious but probably knocked me out for the count. Note for the future - don't eat so dang much.

I think we'll be back to Clapham/Balham again sometime soon. I think it's Shoreditch/Hoxton next though. I'll get a new thread started in the next couple of days - it's a given we'll be heading to Bukowski's for delicious burgers, but we'll need pub ideas for afterwards.

caesar wrote: »
    Really good meeting you all :)

I may invest in a waterproof shirt or an umbrella for future events. The initial 3 and half months here had fooled me into thinking it didn't rain in London.

I got home safe, it was touch and go with the mammoth 40 second walk from The Clapham North :p

Yeah, it was like being on the Titanic, you know. Or any ship really, being surrounded by that much water. Just like on the Titanic mainly, however.

Next time can we do land sports instead of water sports for the meet-up?

Oh, oh, and instead of meet-up can we call it meat-up? Seewhatididthere! :pac:

Saturday 14th April
    Yeah, it was like being on the Titanic, you know. Or any ship really, being surrounded by that much water. Just like on the Titanic mainly, however.

Next time can we do land sports instead of water sports for the meet-up?

Oh, oh, and instead of meet-up can we call it meat-up? Seewhatididthere! :pac:

*groan*

What have I told you about your puns? They need to be a lot worse to qualify for so-bad-it's-good status to apply.

Yay! Come to trendy ****editch!! It's hip, it's angular and if you dance like an eegit it's bound to be a new trend! And there's lots of night buses home ( or ye can stay with us!)

Seriously tho, I ate way too much that night :(

• Advertisement

Jesus, Fysh, had you to edit that post! I only realised my predictive text on my phone spelled out *****ditch as opposed to Shoreditch!! Cringe! It's not that bad, I promise :)

Advertisement