Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best curling iron/wand

• 25-05-2011 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I have this:

577_Untitled-1.jpg

I have really straight hair and it will curl it and it lasts for atleast 3 days!

I use Tresemme curling spray too, just to dampening it, about 6 sprays through the hair.

The style you have shown is more relaxed, my hair would be vaguely simiilar to that on day 2, (curls starting around the nape of my neck)

you will burn your finger and it is really fiddly to use but it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Flurry

I'm looking for one with a big barrel too, so any suggestions would be great!

I have a skinnier one already, but it takes ages to do all my hair, and I find the curls a bit too tight for the first few hours.
    Would prefer a bigger one for bigger looser curls. Hopefully it would take less time too!

Any recommendations would be great. Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I've heard the Remington Pearl Wand is very good, I've never used it myself though.

There was a thread here a while ago about curing wands with plenty of recommends within the thread, might be worth searching for it and having a look through it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭emzibob

hi op! The pic you showed looks to me more like a curly blowdry than done with a wand or curler but i have a press curler it's andrew colinge i think have it for years after my hairdresser used a carmen girls one: [http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4433776/c_1/1|category_root|Health+and+personal+care|14418350/c_2/3|19805475|Hair+care|14418399/c_3/4|cat_14418399|Hair+curlers+and+curling+tongs|23719045.htm} similar to it on my hair the curls last, it's literally monkey proof i can't go ghd curls to save my life and everyone always comments on my hair when i use it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I have the remington pearl wand and it's flippin fantastic. It does big loose curls that stay and leaves a great shine on my hair.
    Sister has the babyliss one and it isn't as good imo, hair not as shiny. My hair which is normally dead straight will last curly for 2 days with no hairspray, 3 with. It's very reasonable too @~ €30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

I have same problem, my hair doesnt take to curls at all, if you find anything good let me know please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I have the Remington one too, it's fab and so easy to use!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Honestly, give the remmington pearl wand a shot. I have one myself and it's fab (and a lot of people in this thread seem to agree!). I curled up my hair today loosely and ran my fingers through to loosen it and the end result was similar to the pic you posted in your original post.
    Give it a shot before you give up completely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I have the remington pearl too and I love it, I curl mine at night time then sleep on it and I have perfect curls for 3 days, no hairspray needed or anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

hI

Just wondering is it difficult to do the hair at the back of your head yourself.

Also if you do you straightened the hair before you use the curling tongs

how much is the pearl one and do you get it in argos also

and my last question :D if you did use hairspray do you put it on the strands of hair before putting the tongs on the hair

thanks a mil

M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

thanks a mil,l I have the heated rollers but very difficult to put them in yourself,

will get one next week for sure

hope they last the nite for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kristellozano

I’d recommend Karmin ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

I’d recommend Karmin ;)

So would I - I'd go for either the G3 Salon Pro or the Salon Series hair straighteners, they either straighten or curl. I use my G3 to curl my dead straight hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Zombie thread - closed

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement