Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reporting someone anonymously...

• 07-04-2010 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭

Is there a way to report someone (anonymously) to Revenue if you know they aren't paying their dues?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Is this revenge over something they did to you :rolleyes:

Just call the revenue . Ph number would be available on www.revenue.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭duckygalway

Don't get angry, get even!!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭TaxingTimes

When I worked in the Revenue in the 80's,it was very common to get "anonymous" letters.

They were all followed up.............. although it did take time to to so.

It is a sign of the times (recession) when people get annoyed when others appear to be working in the black market, and "dob them in".

Just write a letter setting out the facts as you know them, giving as much information as possible, and the Revenue will follow this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

When I worked in the Revenue in the 80's,it was very common to get "anonymous" letters.

It is a sign of the times (recession) when people get annoyed when others appear to be working in the black market, and "dob them in".

Just write a letter setting out the facts as you know them, giving as much information as possible, and the Revenue will follow this up.

And your name if you have the balls :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭duckygalway

Not going into too much detail but it's not a problem with someone trying to get by in tough times just a nasty piece of work that has his dues coming!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭lionela

To grass someone to the Revenue is ...I suppose a bit Naf.

Has this person done you any harm or such like. If you feel irked or resentful of activities that you feel should be reported ... then personally ..I would sent a annonymous letter to this person and inform him or her of your intention. At least that would put the ****s up anyone.

At least give them a chance to get sorted ...legit ..with the Revenue people and the end result would be the same ...That they pay their due taxes.

Full Stop

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

I'm sorry if someone isn't playing fair be they with Revenue or Social Welfare it is a person's civic duty to pass on that information to the relevant people. These people who wilfully don't pay their tax are taking the mickey with the rest of us who have no other choice but to have our tax deducted from our wages each week. I say, send your letter to your local District or whatever District would be relevant to this person. Set out what you know, the letters are taken seriously. If someone is intentionally fiddling the system in these times when the country needs tax revenue then they deserve to feel the brunt of the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

I'm sorry if someone isn't playing fair be they with Revenue or Social Welfare it is a person's civic duty to pass on that information to the relevant people. These people who wilfully don't pay their tax are taking the mickey with the rest of us who have no other choice but to have our tax deducted from our wages each week. I say, send your letter to your local District or whatever District would be relevant to this person. Set out what you know, the letters are taken seriously. If someone is intentionally fiddling the system in these times when the country needs tax revenue then they deserve to feel the brunt of the law.
    Banks are immune so is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Do the right thing in your heart Galway!

If it feels right, do it. If your feeling guilty or doubtful (even a tiny bit) dont bother........

No point living with regrets either way mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

digme wrote: »
    Banks are immune so is it?

Did I mention the banks? We all know the banks are in a mess but it hardly is relevant to whether someone is not paying their tax is it? I merely said if someone isn't paying what they owe they should be reported. And I say that as a paye worker who trusts my employer to pay over my tax rather than use it for his business or himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Lets leave the moral perspectives for humanities please.

OP asked question.

Question answered.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement