Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford General Chat / Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭havetoquit

Thanks a bunch. I guess you haven't had the afternoon tea experience yourself then? If you had, it would be nice to hear first hand regarding the positives and any negatives. Funny how things can go so wrong, just at the time when you are taking guests to anything; Took some French friends to one particular place of interest where a period from our history is usually re- enacted and what happens? The actors who usually do this so amazingly well, could not be there that day and so we had a different bunch, who although doing their best, it was acutely obvious they were not in their comfort zone and it was all a bit flat. It is always good to hear of other's experiences, a little like Tripadvisor! Anyway, thanks again for the link...great!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

100_3865.jpg

Afternoon tea on Wexford's only River Restaurant

Been on a Saturday morning cruise ........Would highly recommend .

We sailed North towards St Mullin's , whereas in this photo , the boat is South-ward bound .

Round trip was just less than 2 hours and beautiful scenery .... good food too .:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

zerks wrote: »

Afternoon tea on Wexford's only River Restaurant

Looks like you missed the boat:pac:

Had a good afternoon (despite the 2 torrential showers) at the 1798 re-enactment on Vinegar Hill.Great turnout despite the weather & good to see many were visitors to the town.

It was a decent enough turnout altho the muskets were affected by the rain.

Suckling pig was provided in the d bar after

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    It was a decent enough turnout altho the muskets were affected by the rain.

Suckling pig was provided in the d bar after

Headed home straight after it,the missus was soaked & easy know she's not from the town-sandals & a linen trousers on Vinegar Hill are a no-no.

Sounds as though you had a great time regardless and maybe you will think about presenting your other half with state of the art wellies for the next such outing...just in case!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭movingsucks

Oh my! I attempted to go to the cinema on Saturday night picking a late show because I naively thought there'd be no one at it!!
    Well! When we got there it was insane - cars abandoned everywhere huge queues. We gave up and decided to try again another night but even getting back out was trecherous with parked cars blocking the road and silly drivers trying to barge their way through.
    Now I'll admit I was one of those naysayers who thought it was madness to put a cinema out so far but it was actually good to see it doing so well even if I didn't get to see a movie this time.

Had to laugh at the sign saying "spaces" though!!

Anyone know what showings are normally quiet?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Oh my! I attempted to go to the cinema on Saturday night picking a late show because I naively thought there'd be no one at it!!
    Well! When we got there it was insane - cars abandoned everywhere huge queues. We gave up and decided to try again another night but even getting back out was trecherous with parked cars blocking the road and silly drivers trying to barge their way through.
    Now I'll admit I was one of those naysayers who thought it was madness to put a cinema out so far but it was actually good to see it doing so well even if I didn't get to see a movie this time.

Hi and welcome to the Co Wexford threads are you on about the cinema in Gorey or Wexford.???

Hi!
    Sorry I meant to say it was the one in Wexford town :)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭SportingFun

Late shows in Wexford are normally the worse for parking as th early shows are not finished when you turn up for late shows. Saturday nights tend to be busiest but most other nights you can get parking ok

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Hi!

Its Drinagh, no cinema in Wexford Town anymore:p

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »
    Hi!

Its Drinagh, no cinema in Wexford Town anymore:p
    So it is :)

Well done '' Little Mick '' .................up and coming New Ross Jockey .

Another 10/1 winner this evening in Kempton Park .

Well done '' Little Mick '' .................up and coming New Ross Jockey .

Another 10/1 winner this evening in Kempton Park .

Won the 6.20 tonight in Yarmouth @ 9/4 .... - This guy is going places .

Plus 5 rides in Haydock tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭somegirl2009

Fair play to him, might stick a few bob on him tomorrow see what happens :)

Roundabout at New Ross bridge dug up last night .( for the upteenth time )

Can they not leave it alone.

Didn't know we had ghosthunters in Wexford,saw a car with a sticker on it today-pity he couldn't hunt out a parking space as he abandoned his car outside a shop with empty spaces mere feet away...feckin hate that!

Thing in the People about them about 6-8 weeks ago, a bunch of planks !!

Lidl New Ross Store is now closed in order to carry our improvements .

The store will re-open on 23rd August @ 08.00am.

So any locals want to shop in Lidl may go to Waterford , Wexford , or Thomastown or Enniscorthy

Lidl New Ross Store is now closed in order to carry our improvements .

The store will re-open on 23rd August @ 08.00am.

So any locals want to shop in Lidl may go to Waterford , Wexford , or Thomastown or Enniscorthy

Come to Enniscorthy,the town needs shoppers.

Duncannon Line in Wellingtonbridge will be closed today until 6pm due to a burst main .
    Diversions in place through Clongeen .

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    Come to Enniscorthy,the town needs shoppers.

Have to say Wexford was packed on the main st Saturday last. Don't know how much money being spent but it was busy around. Must be the traditional first two weeks of august holidays. Prob back to being quiet again next week and then dead when children go back to school.:(

Would any of you great Wexford Clan out there be able to advise me on the cheapest Refuse collection company serving the county please.
    I am using Wastepal, who appear to have increased their prices quite a lot since I started using them. They also take two less bins now, but the charge remains the same.

Thanks a lot, if you can help during these challenging economic times.

Here is a thread on Waste collection.........There are other threads too on the Wexford forums .

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056718666

Everyone seems to have mixed views , as to who is best / cheapest

Thank you so much for such a prompt response and link..very appreciated.

Fallen tree on the road just outside Clonroche village an hour ago.........luckily it fell when no cars were passing .

Road has been cleared now ...........be careful out there ......more high winds due .

Speaking of being out in bad weather,I saw 2 council workers filling potholes with delay set tar yesterday in the spills of rain.A pointless waste of time.

Would have been better off digging cuttings to drain the water off the road.

Yes, see a lot of that...mad as hatters and they have been getting paid for doing daft things like that since I was a child and heard my father giving out about them. Well, I guess, it is their foreman who is the guilty party, but still, there surely comes a time when we all have to ask, Is this wise?

Got really fed up listening to my daughter in France describing her relaxed meals al fresco, either watching the sun coming up or going down, so I told her I will be there sitting beside her before she sends the next bulletin!

Have had enough of this rain and got a really cheapo aerlingus using my air miles so am over the moon.

No wonder they say that the people who live in an area of mid west US suffer bad depression owing to such dreadful weather with few days of brightness or sunshine...... beginning to understand how they feel!

There is only so much of indoor pursuits; swimming, cinema etc you can do without feeling the effects of lack of fresh air and sunlight.

Ah well, September could bring the summer we have been denied.....

Here's hopin' have to quit, here's hopin'

Enjoy your trip, bring some sunshine back in a bottle !

Thanks a lot Vic and yes, I will bring it back in my hand luggage. Good job I am not on Ryanair, as they would charge for it and you would never see it shine over lovely Wexford after all!!

• Advertisement

Forecast is for SUN on Saturday....fingers crossed it's true.

Advertisement