Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[FPL] - Gameweek 31 - Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

People kneejerking Ben Arfa are mental imo. When Raylor returns from injury and when he's thrown back into the wing, where will Ben Arfa go? He "might" earn a place from his past few good showings but his place on the starting team is never certain.

I, however, shall be kneejerking Walcott and Cisse in. Really should have done it last night but it slipped my mind.

Yakubu->Cisse
    Silva->Walcott

One thing I need people to answer though is.... is Walters worth another punt? He was playing up front again and Stoke have nice fixtures coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,723 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Alot of people getting G cahill in,they not worried he is not playing tonight. plus there is ivanovic too, altho he isnt even on the bench.

@fatrat - wouldnt touch walters myself

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Hope enough people have ditched Dempsey ahead of this weekend to make him a differential

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Hope enough people have ditched Dempsey ahead of this weekend to make him a differential

And Pog ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm hoping Bale and Silva are the same.

If Silva doesn't at least get an assist, he's gone - the only reason he's still there is that I want to finally get rid of Sorensen after weeks of him not playing and because I can't see any noteworthy replacement at present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

No captaincy thread yet?

Can someone put one up?

I fancy dempsey this week for some reason, i just need to make ground and its getting to the stage of now or never!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I avoided the kneejerk tranfer clearout and am now calm and collected...*ooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm*

Current team for his week. Dempsey, Bale and Siggurdsson are now major differentials in my league and so I really need them to do well.

Anyone see a free transfer?

Krul
    S.Kelly Skrtel Evans
    Bale Dempsey Siggurdsson Valencia
    Rooney Ba RVP
    Subs: Vorm, Enrique, Santon, Morrison (injured)

2.6m in bank.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I avoided the kneejerk tranfer clearout and am now calm and collected...*ooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm*

Current team for his week. Dempsey, Bale and Siggurdsson are now major differentials in my league and so I really need them to do well.

Anyone see a free transfer?

Krul
    S.Kelly Skrtel Evans
    Bale Dempsey Siggurdsson Valencia
    Rooney Ba RVP
    Subs: Vorm, Enrique, Santon, Morrison (injured)

2.6m in bank.

I'd say bye to Ba. Jelavic would be a nice differential.

If you want to give Ba another weekend, you've doubled up on Liverpool defenders which I wouldn't recommend. What about Enrique to Kompany? That'd leave you with a strong back 3 of Skrtel, Evans and Kompany with Santon and Stephen Kelly providing cover.

I'd change one pool defender to a spurs one (BAE)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'd say bye to Ba. Jelavic would be a nice differential.

If you want to give Ba another weekend, you've doubled up on Liverpool defenders which I wouldn't recommend. What about Enrique to Kompany? That'd leave you with a strong back 3 of Skrtel, Evans and Kompany with Santon and Stephen Kelly providing cover.

I think Newcastle will go for Liverpools throat and play 2 up top (Ba and Cisse) so i'll hold for 1 more week. They seem hopeless at the back without Agger. At least Skrtel is a goal threat and Newcastle will miss Coloccinininini.

If I knew Kompany was definately back, I'd nearly do that transfer now, especially now that Terry is back for Chelsea (was looking at Cahill).

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I think Newcastle will go for Liverpools throat and play 2 up top (Ba and Cisse) so i'll hold for 1 more week. They seem hopeless at the back without Agger. At least Skrtel is a goal threat and Newcastle will miss Coloccinininini.

If I knew Kompany was definately back, I'd nearly do that transfer now, especially now that Terry is back for Chelsea (was looking at Cahill).

It's not missing Agger that's Liverpool's biggest problem, it's playing Carragher. Surely they have someone at the club that would provide better cover.

Kompany had a fitness test last weekend and failed it but when they were willing to give him a test, he must have been close to being back so I'd imagine he'll play this weekend.

That said, someone else mentioned that he was close to dropping in value so you might be as well hold off until the weekend anyway and transfer him in Friday night/Saturday morning.

Kompany had a fitness test last weekend and failed it.

Do you know about Lescott?

Also what bout R Taylor he's been out for ages

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

wish bloody Kompany would go down :(

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

manual_man wrote: »

is he protected?

thought he'd go down two days ago, but he's hanging on

manual_man wrote: »

is he protected?

thought he'd go down two days ago, but he's hanging on

seems to be. I don't know how it bloody works. I'm .1 short

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Kompany took full part in training yesterday, Lescott only did minor training and worked alongside physio. Apparently Kompany flew somewhere(cant think of place0 to do some procedure that would quicken up healing process and it worked.

I would expect him to play with richards right back.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

Kompany could be price protected until he reaches a higher price fall threshold. Look at Tevez's price, it hasn't changed since September although there has not been a huge amount of transfers out since his tantrum!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I've gotten rid of himself, Bale and Silva so hopefully it'll be red cards for all...

DiMatteo talking about rotation for rest of season - chelski have good fixtures but thats very off-putting

roryc wrote: »
    I've gotten rid of himself, Bale and Silva so hopefully it'll be red cards for all...

haha very unlikely but I would laugh cus I have Bale and Demps. Suppose Pog will get a red card too :P

• Advertisement

Think I'm gonna hold on to Enrique. L'pool will probly surprise us all and go away to Newcastle and get a 1-0. Think I'll get Walcott in instead. He's the form player

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Have Skrtel, need to shift him... even though im a Liverpool fan i just cant afford the heart break in my FF league, i get enough of it in the Premiership!:mad:
    Already got Gibbs in this wk so hoping R Taylor is back in action next wk so i can leave Skrtel on the bench for a few wks as want to get Miyaichi in for Boltons double gameweek and getting Walcott in for Bale next wk as cant afford another 4 point hit this wk! Have been taking 4 and 8 point hits every week lately and its costing me my place at the top!:eek:

Team for GW
    Vorm/Ruddy (undecided, both will conceed but who will make the most saves??:confused:)
    Gibbs, J Evans, BAE
    Sigurdsson, McCLean, Valencia, Bale
    Rooney, Pogrebnyak, RVP,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Im shipping senderos out. With the DGW's in mind who do you reckon Im better to get in for the rest of the season

Enrique or Cahill??

Both have decent fixtures...at the moment Cahill is just about coming out on top for being a little cheaper and has 2 home games in the DGW 36

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I doubt anyone has Rio to be honest.

Could affect anyone who still has Smalling. Can't see Fergie breaking up the Rio/Evans partnership at the moment unless someone is injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Maverick91

How worried would you be if you didn't have Bale in your team this week?
    I'm thinking about doing Sigurdsson > Bale -4 this week and then Dempsey > Siggy next week. It's the only way I could get Bale in my team. I have a feeling we're going to hammer Swansea on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Maverick91 wrote: »
    How worried would you be if you didn't have Bale in your team this week?
    I'm thinking about doing Sigurdsson > Bale -4 this week and then Dempsey > Siggy next week. It's the only way I could get Bale in my team. I have a feeling we're going to hammer Swansea on Sunday.

I don't think too many teams 'hammer' Swansea. He certainly won't be my captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Maverick91

I don't think too many teams 'hammer' Swansea. He certainly won't be my captain.

Not hammer but maybe 3-0 or something similar. Bale has been playing well recently and not getting returns. I think this could be the week he finally starts delivering again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I've gone for a risky transfer this week. Got in Van der Vaart for Silva, he's back playing upfront behind adebayour and has some decent fixtures .I think he's beginning to regain some form and hopefully will get some goals. That's the plan anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement