Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to know good guitar songs to play at parties.

• 13-09-2011 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Green Mile

I want to know good guitar songs to play at parties.

Whenever I go to a party and there's an acoustic guitar sitting there, and party goers say, who can play the guitar? or Hey, you play the guitar right, give us a song?

The problem is, I play songs that are not well know. I want to know songs people can sing to, songs that everyone knows. Songs like Wonderwall or Wild-Thing.

Anyone any more suggestions? I'm looking for songs that are up beat and everyone knows.

Thanks ,

K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

i say play what you want, if they dont like, make sure they like it when your done. :cool:

also, anything bob marley would go down well and its simple enough.

avoid the clichés like wonderwall, way overdone, and its an awful song anyway.

• American Pie
    Ol 55 (You'd be surprised how many people know Tom Waits)

But I generally hate people playing guitar at parties...

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pauliewallie

a few suggestions, which are fairly handy to play, and (most) people would generally know the words; or at least the melody to :D :

Fishermans Blues
    Falsom Prison Blues (or walk the line or ring of fire or jackson)
    Jammin
    Friday I'm in Love
    Ride on
    sweet caroline
    harvest moon
    heart of gold
    wish you were here
    brown eyed girl
    dirty old town
    time of your life
    a pair of brown eyes
    one
    spancill hill
    kids
    love will tear us apart
    ready for the floor
    take a walk on the wild side

a good site for chords and lyrics is http://www.guitarsongs.info/

good luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Sidney77

500 miles, upbeat, good one for parties and its only E,A, and B
    Tribute by Tenacious D always a good one
    Whiskey in the jar

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Ellian

Rocky Raccoon is generally well received with my friends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

There are a bunch of threads on this topic dotted around. Try this or this. I wholeheartedly agree with Sean Slow Wintergreen. People playing guitar at parties generally annoy the hell out of me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

You could check out some Jonanthan Richman and the Modern Lovers songs - especially the Modern Lovers album. They've got a bit of humour, entertainment and no arty farty crap.

Advertisement