Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

United Christian Broadcasters.

• 09-05-2012 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭

Who the hell are these people? Their magazine, which is around 50 pages, came in my letterbox today, even though I have one of those 'No Junk Mail' stickers.

There is some amount of sh1te inside. It is full of gospel verses, christian 'literature' and music cd's.

Not only are they nice enough to accept monthly donations, (not for helping the poor but for spreading more junk mail through letterboxes), they even accept your Will?

http://ucb.co.uk/legacy

They have a FB, Twitter and Youtube account. They're on SKY, UPC and even have an App.

I suppose they don't even pay tax, since religions are exempt?

/looks for credit card.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

The first image read like something off a dating site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

"He sees you not as you are, but as you will be when He gets through with you".

Well that sounds a bit rapey, tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

204231.png

Well, I tried this, and nothing happened. Is Jesus mad at me? Also, how does Jesus feel about middle of the night sleepy sex?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

204231.png

Well, I tried this, and nothing happened. Is Jesus mad at me? Also, how does Jesus feel about middle of the night sleepy sex?

You Fool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why did you read it?? Now you are saved ya big eejit. No big rap party with Satan and all the cool people in hell for you. All you have to look forward to now is kneeling prostrated in front of god singing his praises.......for eternity.

This is because we all now you can be a genocidal maniac and get in as long as you say those words at some point. God doesn't care if you read it but didn't mean it. Sure doesn't he let all those deathbed and foxhole conversionists in and they didn't mean it either and only said it because they were scared sh1tless. God doesn't care whats in your heart, he only cares that you read or vocalised the words.

Even standing up in the middle of a Mass and shouting, "I deny the Holy Spirit" won't save you from the lords clutches now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Fortyniner

Perhaps they've seen the gap in the market being left by the gradual demise of the RCC. They're good marketeers, no doubt about it.

I punish myself every now and again by flicking through the religious channels on Sky. It's undiluted crap.

What's happened with the giant evangelical church they were building near Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

They should send me their literature. Toilet paper is expensive these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭FullRetard

204231.png

You have to say it 5 times looking into a mirror dumba$$!
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

FullRetard wrote: »
    You have to say it 5 times looking into a mirror dumba$$!
    :pac:
    Tony Todd would make an AWESOME Jesus.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Circulation has now increased to one million copies read, not only by UCB's supporters, but also by patients in hospitals, prisoners and residents of care centres throughout the UK and Ireland.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Gass

Who says that the church always tries to get to you while you are down? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

You should collect their literature and then mail it back to their freepost address.

http://www.ucb.co.uk/testimonies

Its all about recycling after all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

Sending their crap back to them might not be a good idea, they can then send the same crap to someone else.

Maybe they'd like me to send them the rest of my junk mail? Is that what Jesus would do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Why not send it back with penises scribbled all over them?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Sending their crap back to them might not be a good idea, they can then send the same crap to someone else.

Maybe they'd like me to send them the rest of my junk mail? Is that what Jesus would do?
    how about this?

get a box, put their freepost address on it and then gift wrap a brick using their literature inside it (covered in permanent marker drawn penises), nestled in some more of their literature that you've already put through a shredder.

also, leave a little note in it saying that you are building a new house and you'd like them to bless the brick and post it back to you, so you can have jesus protecting you in your new home.

every time they put a new magazine through your letterbox, send them back a new brick to bless and see how long it takes them to stop sending stuff to you. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭NecroSteve

Haha! Brilliant, vibe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Its been a few years (apologies if I should make a new thread rather than bringing this one up again) but they appear to be back. Was handed a flyer today from this group. One the front it had the 3 reasons why you need Jesus shown above but on the back it had

GOOGLE
    1. SHEMITAH 2015
    2. CERN
    3. JADE HELM 2015
    4. 4 BLOOD MOONS

And then contact details for 3 people to talk about what I just read.

I googled the events and they appear all have some sort of end of the world stuff going on. Are UCB a doomsday cult of some sort? Thought it was weird because 1 and 4 are more focused on a Jewish perspective, I know Christianity tends to pick and choose what part of the old testament are still relevant but they appear to be ideas abandoned by Christians.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

Its been a few years (apologies if I should make a new thread rather than bringing this one up again) but they appear to be back. Was handed a flyer today from this group. One the front it had the 3 reasons why you need Jesus shown above but on the back it had

GOOGLE
    1. SHEMITAH 2015
    2. CERN
    3. JADE HELM 2015
    4. 4 BLOOD MOONS

And then contact details for 3 people to talk about what I just read.

I googled the events and they appear all have some sort of end of the world stuff going on. Are UCB a doomsday cult of some sort? Thought it was weird because 1 and 4 are more focused on a Jewish perspective, I know Christianity tends to pick and choose what part of the old testament are still relevant but they appear to be ideas abandoned by Christians.

I've lost count of the number of Ends of the World I've lived through, and yet that big old globe keeps on a-spinning. Could it be that such claims lack a certain veracity?

Advertisement