Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Max Payne 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,435 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

TheDoc wrote: »
    someone just mssaged me saying the PC version isnot out till June

Can someone please enlighten me to this blasphemy

crap, thats true, confirmed by gamestop and gamefaqs.com! glad I'm getting it for PS3 :D

Release Date: 01/06/2012

• *Pre-Owned* copies are guaranteed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it comes out 2 weeks or so after the console versions iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

That is ****ing blasphemy

Max was made famous on the PC

Sellout !

You're right, never knew that. So, is this gonna get any of ye to just get it on console instead?
    Microsoft Windows
    • NA July 23, 2001
    • EU July 27, 2001
    PlayStation 2
    • NA December 6, 2001
    • EU January 11, 2002
    • Xbox
    • NA December 12, 2001
    • EU March 14, 2002

As was recommended on the 'Terrible Game Movies' thread, gonna watch the cutscenes from MP 1 and 2 to get in the mood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

I just hope that Dick Justice and Captain Baseball-Bat Boy make an appearance.

Class pic of people who won a competition to have their faces put on multiplayer characters

maxayne3-multiplayer-1-640.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Is all this DLC for the multi-player? If so then bollox to that, no interest in it tbh. 3rd Person PVP Multiplayer nearly always annoys me. I've no interest in playing it for anything other than single player.

ya looks it, R* said supporting a game the online game is the way to keep a game relevant, especially in a story driven single player game. Still, the MP would want to be fairly class to warrant spending 50 quid on DLC. R* are releasing a new MP video today at 5pm that will show off how bullet time works in MP.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    ya looks it, R* said supporting a game the online game is the way to keep a game relevant, especially in a story driven single player game. Still, the MP would want to be fairly class to warrant spending 50 quid on DLC. R* are releasing a new MP video today at 5pm that will show off how bullet time works in MP.

"Relevant" = prevent 2nd hand sales / illegal downloading.

• Advertisement

"Relevant" = prevent 2nd hand sales / illegal downloading.

well what else could it mean?

Exactly and you can't blame devs for wanting to keep a franchise alive to keep making money. Beats a lazy online pass anyway.

Do R* do online passes? can't remember :)

that looks so ****...

Ah it looked okay, bit mental with the amount of players though. Looks class bullet diving at each other in slo mo like in the pic attached

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

only buying this game purely for single player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

FYI Max Payne 1 for the ps2 is now available in the ps store, for a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

FYI Max Payne 1 for the ps2 is now available in the ps store, for a tenner

If you're going to pick it up just get the €15 PS+ sub, get it free and there's a tonne of other free games this month to get aswell for the extra €5.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 th3 lunatik

only 2 weeks to go ! hope mp3 gets a midnight release :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

**** people buying for console

may you burn in hell for your ultimate sin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I swore I'd never pre-purchase again...
    but
    €25...
    I am weak :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I swore I'd never pre-purchase again...
    but
    €25...
    I am weak :(

I fell for it too but my logic is that it's exceedingly cheap even for pc gaming. I was also somewhat nervous that it was mispriced so now that the transaction is done I have no worries. :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, that multiplayer demo video - I won't be bothering with that.

If Rockstar go down the usual console route of giving us 5 or 6 hours of a single player campaign because they've spent all their time on a multi-play that no one in their right mind should want, I will be extremely pissed off.

Ah no one should be buying this solely for the online. I don't think R* would comprimise the single player but only so much you can do with a linear shooter. It looks very like RDR online which I didn't like but then I didn't like RDR so will just have to wait and see. I'd say single player will be class and if online is any good, then thats just a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Shiminay wrote: »
    Yea, that multiplayer demo video - I won't be bothering with that.

If Rockstar go down the usual console route of giving us 5 or 6 hours of a single player campaign because they've spent all their time on a multi-play that no one in their right mind should want, I will be extremely pissed off.

If there's one thing Rockstar doesn't do it's skimp on the single player experience. If anything you could argue they go the opposite direction and make their games overly long.

I think they'll do this justice though, I love their style of narrative and if they blend in all the elements of max 1 and 2 it should be excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/153?ch=1

Gametrailers exclusive thing on Max Payne 3/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Nodferatu wrote: »
    only buying this game purely for single player

+1, they do seem to be putting a lot of emphesis into the MP, lets hope it doesn't end up with COD syndrome and a lackluster SP campaign :rolleyes::rolleyes: . Tis looking good so far though, really looking forward to it

Nick

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

cloud493 wrote: »
    http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/153?ch=1

Gametrailers exclusive thing on Max Payne 3/

Nice vid. Really starting to get excited for this now. :)

Anyone know, is it the same voice actor doing Max as in 2? Maybe it's just because a lot of time has passed but going by the above video he doesn't have the same gravelly nature as in the other games....

• Advertisement

Thats a great vid on GTTV. When MP 3 was first announced, I wrote it off as I thought it lost it's noir but thats after convincing me of otherwise. Class how the drugs and drink affect you during gameplay.

Just 2 more weeks.

Advertisement