Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Black and White 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

why black and white 2

it's pokemon - it needs new colors :mad:

but yeah - more pokemon :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

First they say they're not going to release a 3rd edition (like Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum) but now they're going to release a 3DS version of B/W. Should've just done Gr(e|a)y / Chrome and made it 3ds-only :(

Looks like it's still going to be DS+. Hopefully they don't just keep making DS games with possible 3DS enhancements (like the DSi-only enhancements).

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

Interesting... Pokemon is nearing final fantasy levels of ridic:p

All i wanted was ruby/sapphire remakes, now i have to force myself through Unova AGAIN!
    And yet annoyed as i am, i will give them my money in exchange for this creative stasis. Damn me and my stupid brain:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Are Nintendo deliberately trying to kill the 3DS again?! :eek: I know the DS has a much more solid foothold in terms of owners, but shouldn't they try to launch the new Pokemon games on their latest system, as a built-for-3ds title? It was bad enough when they released black/white only a few weeks before the 3ds launch last year. This is coming out over a year later, but it's not going to be a 3ds exclusive, just a DS game with (probably) a few tacked-on 3ds enhanced features... Agh!
    End of rant.

btw is this confirmed to be ds or 3ds title? maybe they'll release 4 versions of the same game?
    for a total of 6:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Seeing as its a sequel it opens up a big opportunity for them to do something different than the usual tried and tested formula of getting the 8 badges, beat elite 4 & done. You could be a gym leader & train certain pokemon types or something else that does a 180 on the format.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

I see so many complaints about this....I don't think a lot of people realise it's not just black/white with two added new forms for one pokemon :roll eyes:

Would have preferred 3DS, but still likely a day one purchase :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

It'll just be the same treatment as releasing Emerald or Platinum. Not that is stops me being super excited :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I've only really started to delve into the world of Pokémon myself lately, so this news has hit at a great time for me. I'll look forward to this... Taking it for granted I can beat my way through the back catologue before it's released.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

deathrider wrote: »
    I've only really started to delve into the world of Pokémon myself lately, so this news has hit at a great time for me. I'll look forward to this... Taking it for granted I can beat my way through the back catologue before it's released.
    A lot depends on your idea of "beat" - the main story? Full 'dex? Battle frontier? Living dex? All-shiny living dex? Breed a charmander with perfect IVs? Etc etc

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    A lot depends on your idea of "beat" - the main story? Full 'dex? Battle frontier? Living dex? All-shiny living dex? Breed a charmander with perfect IVs? Etc etc

Full story, and cathing/leveling up the ones I personally want, being happy with my team's level and skills- That would do me grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Very interesting article about this on IGN right now, I can see that this game being released on the Nintendo DS really extends the DS life and makes the 3DS just seem more and more like a relaunch of the DS as opposed to a separate console of it's own. Who'd of known the 3DS would be in this much trouble a year after launch, developers obviously don't want to make games for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Would love to see a Team Rocket return in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Would love to see a Team Rocket return in this.

I'm such a nerd, but...

Prepare for trouble!
    Make it double!
    To protect the world from devastation!
    To unite all peoples within our nation!
    To denounce the evils of truth and love!
    To extend our reach to the stars above!
    Jessie
    James
    Team Rocket, blast off at the speed of light!
    Surrender now or prepare to fight!
    Meowth! That's right!

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

I'm such a nerd, but...

Prepare for trouble!
    Make it double!
    Jessie
    James
    Meowth! That's right!

(although from a different gen) WOOOB-UFFET!

I'm such a nerd, but...

Prepare for trouble!
    Make it double!
    Jessie
    James
    Meowth! That's right!
    Wetai wrote: »

(And from another different gen) MIME-MIME:D

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

Wetai wrote: »

Did someone call me?

It's looking like this is going a proper sequel as opposed to the emerald/platinum tweaked remake which is great

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

New girl protagonist is delicious.

rdfDw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Xevkin

Does anyone else feel that each time a new Pokemon game is anounced, one can't help but hope that GameFreak will make *the* definitive Pokemon, giving us the things which would be so easily implemented - multiple save states, modifiable characters and Pokemon, a stronger post game, greater online integration - but that we all know in our hearts that this newest iteration will just a slight variation to the same formula?

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Xevkin wrote:
    but that we all know in our hearts that this newest iteration will just a slight variation to the same formula?

And we'll still buy them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Zelda hasn't changed much either.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Xevkin

The Zelda formula has been cracked; for what the LoZ series is, I don't see how they can actually drastically improve it. But Pokemon? There's a lot that could be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Has the series really progressed at all in the last decade? I've always liked the concept but frankly I was bored (entire series -1) games ago.

Basically what Xevkin said, but with more cynicism. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Great game for those of us with OCD,fcuking basterds and their gotta catch em all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Anyone know how much this is going to be in Hmv?

Full price I'd imagine. Try checking their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

The site says its £27 / €35 but I doubt it considering every other highstreet shop is charging €40+

Not too much of a jump between €25 and 40 anyways. 35 sounds like a damn good deal. Best bet, ask instore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I haven't played the pokemon series since Gold/Silver which was pretty much identical to Blue/Red imo. Has the series evolved at all? Judging from some gameplay videos, I think not. I would love to hear people say otherwise though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Pokemon has significantly evolved from gold/silver :p

Advertisement