Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Looks like a dodgy MD knockoff with the bins dumped in there somewhere.
    TBH, for similar money you'll buy the Blaze/@games official equivalent, and they'll still suck.
    Are we sure it isn't Sparks trying to make a few euro for the Christmas?

Same thing here?

I think I'll hold out for the follow up...
    PXP3!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

eddhorse wrote: »
    I've been watching his auctions for a while, it's the same seller who's bubble bobble bootleg finished at £2000 then was re-listed and sold for £102
    The NZS is at £25 with 7 days left, its going to finish expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I haven't posted in ages, friend of a friend (it's here I post and marketplace if it was my own right?) is selling a purple GC, all wires with 1 controller, Burnout and a Sims game included, €40 but willing to take offers. I could bring it to the next beers all going well.

• Company Representative Posts: 14 Verified rep Player1 Gaming: Shane

Myrddin wrote: »
    Infideals style! Shane, check this out - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70789857

Ha Ha! Nuff Said. I'll sort out a website coupon code next week and PM it. You can distribute as you see fit :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Sera wrote: »
    I haven't posted in ages, friend of a friend (it's here I post and marketplace if it was my own right?) is selling a purple GC, all wires with 1 controller, Burnout and a Sims game included, €40 but willing to take offers. I could bring it to the next beers all going well.

What condition is the controller like sera?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ha Ha! Nuff Said. I'll sort out a website coupon code next week and PM it. You can distribute as you see fit :)

A very cool gesture Shane, fair play. Maybe we can drum up some extra business! I'll look after the code in the same manner to ensure its not abused

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

http://www.jxd.hk/products.asp?id=627&selectclassid=009006

Anyone ever hear of these? They look good but hard to know if they actually are

See Ronnies latest email.?
    900 for an e3
    Well **** me sideways he's taking the piss!

Yeah they got mentioned a few times on Retro Asylum podcast. Also some people on here didnt like them, Retro i think.

Newer one here? http://www.funstock.co.uk/jxd-s7800b-android-gaming-tablet

You also get some money off by using code "asylum" i think.

• Advertisement

urbanledge wrote: »
    900 for an e3

Just had a read of it there. He's been frequent enough with his emails lately, does this mean he's selling a lot or none at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,426 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

900 for an e3

I really like the look of that X68000!

o1s1n wrote: »
    I really like the look of that X68000!

Does look like something straight from blade runner!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

900 for an e3

I'm guessing it reflects the condition.
    And/Or demand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

I think the JXD ones are meant to be a bit crap. That said I wouldn't necessarily know what to recommend either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Bit of an odd one, but if anyone is in need of boxes for their loose disc games, Laser on Georges St in Dublin are offloading all their empty DVD/CD boxes for free.

It might kinda, almost, possibly be relevant to someone here, but, yanno, you contain yourselves now, lads.

Might be worth a punt for €22 (secret santa)

http://mobile.grabonestore.ie/world/retro-handheld-games-console-2?utm_source=Experience+Dublin&utm_campaign=ET_29322_ie-main_dublin_20141125&utm_medium=email&utm_content=main

Gaming isn't the same as it used to be. Now it's too complicated and takes half the day just to get started. Not like the glory day games like Super Mario Bros. Well, now you can play all the classics!

Features:

8-bit super slim multimedia device
    Ready to play, no need to buy any extra cartridges or change cartridge
    English language menu in player, no other coding or other languages available
    AC adapter and lithium-ion rechargeable battery pack-good for up to 6-7 hours of continuous game play
    Stylish and attractive console
    Super slim shape design and delicate, easy for carrying in pocket
    Console size:16 x 7 x 1.8cm
    Screen size: 2.7 inch
    Features 100+ classic and retro games, including favourites featuring:

Super Mario Bros
    Donkey Kong
    Rockman
    Space Invaders
    Tennis
    Tanks
    Dr. Mario
    Angry Birds
    Bomberman
    Galaxian
    Super Mario 3

Also image here

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Posted about these last week, they are on ebay for cheaper i think. we where questioning the legal implications of the games on it! Doubt they got permission to sell Nintendo games for 22quid.

Master of the Universe

Have one of these myself, think I got it from a Chinese site for less.

It's one of those things you'll take out when you buy it, play it for 5 minutes and chuck it at the bottom of a drawer somewhere for eternity.

Might be a good gift to send someone on a nostalgia trip, but beyond that it's fairly useless.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

keithgeo wrote: »
    Posted about these last week, they are on ebay for cheaper i think. we where questioning the legal implications of the games on it! Doubt they got permission to sell Nintendo games for 22quid.

Nah, you know Nintendo, they're so generous and would definitely allow copies of their games to be sold on unknown devices!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The aspect ratio disgusts me. I'd say for 22 euro that screen is going to be a vaseline blur the second anything attempts to move by a pixel on it.

Here a free pdf of a puch out book that was cancelled for licensing issues on kickstarter

Looking foward to having a look

http://pixelperfectbooks.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on the sega genesis handheld console with 80 in built games, a few available from the US for about 65 quid. Just wondering if there is somewhere closer?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Deco99 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can get my hands on the sega genesis handheld console with 80 in built games, a few available from the US for about 65 quid. Just wondering if there is somewhere closer?

They are in the Argos catalogue for 41.24, they have twenty games built in and an SD card slot so you can add as many games as you like somehow.....
    Cat no. 905/8321

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    They are in the Argos catalogue for 41.24, they have twenty games built in and an SD card slot so you can add as many games as you like somehow.....
    Cat no. 905/8321

Thats perfect, SD card for 8 quid too and add as many games as i like, quick browse shows loads of sites to get games. Anyone ever have trouble with downloading ROMS?

I'm not sure i could ;)

Master of the Universe

I hope the continuation of that sentence is;

'... with a fork lift and toss it over a cliff'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Imagine the sound effects!

This discussion has been closed.