Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Episode 5 - *Have NOT Read the Books*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Was also wondering what the best tactic North of the wall would be

Eliminate the lookouts and assassinate that leader
    Or fall back to the wall and prepare to defend it

There are pros and cons to both which are pretty clear

The pressures of command I suppose, I don't know which is correct at the moment and that has me looking forward to next week

Well I know the answer now thanks to Talisman :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Talisman wrote: »
    A Song Of Ice And Fire? I read the first book while watching the first series. I haven't gone near the second book and don't intend to until after the series is finished.

Are bans a possibility for this kind of stuff? When it's so blatantly obvious.

Absolute tosser. Zero chance he hasn't read all the books. The
    Brotherhood
    would have completely gone over tv viewers heads so far and
    Meera
    was the clincher. I could go on all day but unless he's done a dissertation on the show there's no way he could have gleamed so much exposition without 1st hand knowledge of the books.

I enjoy coming in here and reading speculation from all the non-readers and guys like above will just kill all that kind of discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Wildfire to burn an entire fleet?
    I know this show doesn't do big battle scenes but that sounds incredible

Can't wait for next week

Though it's dangerous, you're as likely to kill yourself then the enemy with that wildfire.

There seems to be a lot of budget 'saving' this season with the lack of battle scenes and lack of extras so I reckon that's what they're saving for.

Also not accusing anyone of anything but what type of clown would post spoilers as guesses? Beggars belief!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Seems a bit foolish to me if Stannis sails his fleet right into Kings Landing bay/harbour. I think they mentioned that

Absolutely the worst thing you could do with a wooden fleet is get it locked into a bottleneck
    I can see the catapults surrounding the bay raining down wildfire already :eek:

Would be wiser I think to land the troops a day or two march away from the city
    edit: so you can get ordered and sorted and take your time.

But then Stannis is supposed to be an experienced military commander and he has that smuggler who could advise on all things naval.
    So I'm thinking we won't see a navy battle after all as Stannis is no fool

Next week could be the best episode yet :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Thank god I was only speed-reading the updates to this thread: I saw th mod warning, in bold lettering, before reading any of the posts in detail. A bullet dodged there methinks; sorry you fellas had future events spoiled, pretty ignorant & inconsiderate behavior by Talisman

Seems a bit foolish to me if Stannis sails his fleet right into Kings Landing bay/harbour. I think they mentioned that

Absolutely the worst thing you could do with a wooden fleet is get it locked into a bottleneck
    I can see the catapults surrounding the bay raining down wildfire already :eek:

Would be wiser I think to land the troops a day or two march away from the city

But then Stannis is supposed to be an experienced military commander and he has that smuggler who could advise on all things naval.
    So I'm thinking we could won't see a navy battle after all as Stannis is no fool

Next week could be the best episode yet :D

The only thing is that it's not Stannis' men on the boats they're pirates so he probably wont care that much about them. Also Didnt littlefinger promise Renly baratheon that the gates would be open? Cant see why he wouldnt offer the same to Stannis. So I'd say all Stannis bannermen go through the gate, pirates die a firey water death.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭touts

Oranage2 wrote: »
    The only thing is that it's not Stannis' men on the boats they're pirates so he probably wont care that much about them. Also Didnt littlefinger promise Renly baratheon that the gates would be open? Cant see why he wouldnt offer the same to Stannis. So I'd say all Stannis bannermen go through the gate, pirates die a firey water death.

But didn't Tyrion send him on that mission to Renly. Some kind of a plan to get Jamie back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

pixelburp wrote: »
    Thank god I was only speed-reading the updates to this thread: I saw th mod warning, in bold lettering, before reading any of the posts in detail. A bullet dodged there methinks; sorry you fellas had future events spoiled, pretty ignorant & inconsiderate behavior by Talisman

Same. Its pretty pathetic. Think I may have to stop reading through these threads. Hopefully not though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Same. Its pretty pathetic. Think I may have to stop reading through these threads. Hopefully not though.

Talisman should be made take the black for his actions but i hope it doesn't deter ye guys from posting. Although I have read the books, i love reading the shocked reactions and off the wall theories of what happens next.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,443 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

PM sent to Talisman. It's only fair he be given a chance to defend himself before you all chase him with pitchforks. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

He can't "defend" himself. He posted about things that only exist in the ASOIAF novels that may never appear in the TV series and claims them as his take on the series. At least remove his posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Agree with the above! and Stick him with the pointy end!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the Game of Thrones thread you either live or you die....

Off with his head

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ancuncha

Oranage2 wrote: »

not true it is Stannis' men just the suggler turned knight is leading them
    also king's landing is at the mouth of a river leading into the sea so it's next to the sea
    littlefinger would say anything to anyone he is only loyal to himself, but in the book he was sent to highgarden to get the tyrells to join the lanisters after renlys death, so it's probaly just cutting out a scene for tv to have him there at the death

ancuncha wrote: »
    not true it is Stannis' men just the suggler turned knight is leading them
    also king's landing is at the mouth of a river leading into the sea so it's next to the sea
    littlefinger would say anything to anyone he is only loyal to himself, but in the book he was sent to highgarden to get the tyrells to join the lanisters after renlys death, so it's probaly just cutting out a scene for tv to have him there at the death

Yeah I could be wrong with what I've said, it was just a guess I usually watch them on a monday morning after a 12 shift so I miss a lot of details sometimes. :)

Another thing I remember about the episode, Davos seemed very apprehensive about leading the ships into battle? Was it because he didnt think he was honorable/capable enough to do it or was it that he thinks he'll die?

Just read over this thread after seeing the comment in the have read the books ones. That guy is a dick. Mods should probably delete his posts tbh, sorry he ruined some stuff for you guys.
    Ban him from the forum altogether imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

touts wrote: »
    Has it ever been said what killed the Dragons the last time around? Did they just die out or were they hunted down and killed. If it was the latter then they may not be such a mighty weapon that Daenerys (I think I fecked up that spelling) can just land in the Seven Kingdoms and be a real force in the war with just Three Dragons and her small band from the desert. She needs an army and that billionaire guy can buy her one.

FYS:D

but i remember during her wedding when the eggs were presented sir whatshisname said it a very special gift to get dragon eggs for your wedding, that to me would indicate its rare but it happens, so surely there are more dragon eggs out there, just waiting for deanerys to get naked again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

As someone who has read the books i really enjoy coming in here and reading peoples predictions and thought. I wouldn't dream about ruining it. Dying to ask questions after season two to see what you guys think will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Son0vagun wrote: »
    As someone who has read the books i really enjoy coming in here and reading peoples predictions and thought. I wouldn't dream about ruining it. Dying to ask questions after season two to see what you guys think will happen.
    I'm the same and, while I'll happily fill in some of the blanks for posters asking for some exposition from the books (e.g. some of the backstory around Roberts Rebellion etc.) I wouldn't dream of giving spoilers. Some of the real fun of this series is that pretty much anything can, and does, happen.

Sleepy wrote: »
    Some of the real fun of this series is that pretty much anything can, and does, happen.

The "Fling the book at the wall" moments.....

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭mickc

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    The "Fling the book at the wall" moments.....

Not recommended for Kindle users. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

I could imagine Stannis imprisoning or killing Littlefinger if he were to make the same offer to him, such is his general rigidity to custom.

mickc wrote: »
    Not recommended for Kindle users. :p

I've flung it to the end of the couch or to the end of the bed!!!! Then rush over to make sure its ok!!!!!!!!!!:pac: