Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The return of the One Bet to €25,000 challenge

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

Not sure, but will be watching the Football League show tonight with a kebab for sure!

No goals for Southampton in the evening kick off.

16 v 14

Update time.

Christ that Chelsea game was unreal. They have drifted a little and rightly so... Same with Exeter as their rivals lost with the exception of Wycombe. Still shortened nicely over the weekend and that's all I can ask for!

McCormack Top Scorer: 11.0 ->10
    Exeter Relegation from L1: 2.75 -> 2.62
    Chelsea Top 4 Finish: 1.11 -> 1.53

Bayern to win CL Group A: 1.3 -> WIN
    Chelsea to win CL Group E: 1.2 -> WIN

Total Odds: 52.38 -> 42.5

That makes it a 2.35% chance of happening!

Nice little interview with McCormack....
    McCormack, who netted United’s second goal with a neat finish on 79 minutes to take his league tally for the season to 14, just two behind the Championship top scorer, Southampton’s Ricky Lambert.

But for a linesman’s flag, however, he could have drawn level with the Saints striker due to having no less than three ‘goals’ chalked off for offside.

Two of the decisions were highly debatable, leaving McCormack ruing his luck.

The division’s second-highest scorer said: “I probably could have had a few more goals.

“To have three ruled out for offside was strange as I am not really sure any of them were offside.

“On another day, I might have got a couple more but it wasn’t to be.

I would be lying if I said I wasn’t thinking about being top scorer. But the main thing is the team won.”

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

turbobaby wrote: »
    Nice little interview with McCormack....

Hope he gets top scorer now. On for around 120 or so if himself and Rhodes (which is in the bag) finish top. Could have been alot more, only for the Luton striker, Amari Morgan Smith injury. Just back from a 3 month layoff but is well off the pace now:(

Good to see yer bet is still going strong even if I would like to see the Chelsea bet miss out:pac:

I reckon McCormack will give you a good run for your money anyway.

Lambert is obviously favourite (scored again tonight in the FA cup) but McCormack is still good value. With the top scorer chart in mind, maybe McC will convince Snodgrass to let him take the pens.

Exeter lost again tonight. They're in pretty dire form. They've scored 3 goals in 2012. There next few fixtures are very tough too.

If I was a gambling man I'd bet that they'll get relegated.

Feeling good about the accumulator again!

• Advertisement

Just a quick update on the odds after Monday's game between Lpool and Spurs, and Exeter's loss to Bournemouth.

McCormack Top Scorer: 11.0 ->10
    Exeter Relegation from L1: 2.75 -> 2.38
    Chelsea Top 4 Finish: 1.11 -> 1.57

Total Odds: 52.38 -> 37.37

Pretty poor weekend for the bet with Chelsea playing miserably and losing 2-0 to Everton (Big drift). Exeter came from behind to beat 2nd place Sheff Wednesday with two cracking free kicks.

McCormack failed to score, but thankfully so did Rickie Lambert. Billy Sharp did however score on his full debut for Southampton.

Plenty of games on tonight, so hopefully they will reverse my fortune and get the odds back on their downward spiral.

Here are the current odds:

McCormack Top Scorer: 11.0 -> 11.0
    Exeter Relegation from L1: 2.75 -> 3.0
    Chelsea Top 4 Finish: 1.11 -> 2.1

Total Odds: 52.38 -> 69.3 -> It was 37.37 before last weekend's games! :eek:

Hopefully McCormack gets on the scoresheet tonight against a dodgy enough Coventry!

Well Fowler... McCormack obliged!

16 v 15 now!

Exeter were beaten too so i expect another drop in the odds. Rollercoaster ride!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭yaaaboy

He's playing very well lately looks like he could fire in a hat-trick any weekend now to shoot himself to the top of the charts!

Exeter are brutal enough but I fear chelsea could be the undoing of the bet unless they pick up soon, they're breaking my heart every weekend. An injury to Van Persie would be ideal at this stage!

• Advertisement

Indeed he is playing very well in a team that is far from playing well. Next up Doncaster at home so I expect him to get another!

Your few quid on him at 50/1 looks good bet but on the other hand 1/25 for Chelsea top 4 looks rough!

If Chelsea can get Terry and Cahill playing together and drop David Luiz they'll do ok. Essien and Lampard coming back to full fitness will help and if Torres gets one, he'll go on a run I reckon, but the big problem might be behind the scenes with the experienced players maybe not wanting AVB to be around anymore.

Still, like you inferred, Arsenal really rely on Van P. They have holes everywhere in their squad and I don't think they're good enough to mount a challenge for 4th.

Barring an injury to Ross Mc, we should get a decent run for our money!

Current odds:

McCormack Top Scorer: 11.0 -> 7.5
    Exeter Relegation from L1: 2.75 -> 2.75
    Chelsea Top 4 Finish: 1.11 -> 2.1

Total Odds: 52.38 -> 43.31

turbobaby wrote: »
    Well Fowler... McCormack obliged!

16 v 15 now!

Exeter were beaten too so i expect another drop in the odds. Rollercoaster ride!

Lets hope he overtakes him today;):pac:

No goals for McCormack, but none for his rivals either, despite Southampton scoring four at home.

Exeter beat Bury, but thankfully 4 of the bottom five all won too. It's looking like four will go down from a group of six teams at the bottom.

Chelsea were pants again but that was only the cup thankfully. Arsenal just as bad!

No change to the odds.

Hat trick for Lambert today :eek: His third of the season. Yet another peno for Southampton!

At least Chelsea won 3-0 and Exeter lost 2-0.

McCormack hit the angle of post and bar, and then it bounced down on the line!

I'm glad I'm not betting cash every weekend as that kind of stuff drives you a little bit mental! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Another scoreless night for McCormack and another goal for Lambert unfortunately puts him 5 ahead. Looks like a miracle is needed unfortunately:(

Yes it's true. 5 goals in three games has put Lambert too far ahead. In fairness he has been class this season. He's now 6 goals ahead with about 10 games to go.

I'm throwing in the towel!

Had a good run for my money and most importantly haven't been putting money on silly markets at the weekend to keep me entertained.

Maynard, Long, McCormack.

Not sure when I'll be back again.

Advertisement