Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the most frequent Lotto Numbers

• 01-02-2010 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Folks,

What numbers appear the most in the Irish Lotto (Lotto, Lotto Plus 1 and Lotto Plus 2).

I think PaddyPower's odds are good at 35 to 1 for just two numbers to appear out of seven.

Are there better odds elsewhere?;)

Cheers,

Micka.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

1,3 and 21 are usually very reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭yaaaboy

For the main lotto draw these are the 6 most and least popular balls:

Most: 13 5 44 3 4 32 Least: 7 41 16 34 43 25

(really puts the lucky number 7 and unlucky number 13 myth to bed)

You can see a full breakdown including lotto +1 and +2 at:

http://www.lottoresults.ie/analysis

In my own opinion i would probably go for the the cold numbers occurring as they will have to come up sometime but it really is totally random

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭candlegrease

LOL @ this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

the winning numbers for this weeks draw will be 2 3 19 26 35 and

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

• Advertisement

I know lads that instead of playing the usual lotto quick-pick.
    Tend to try predict 2 or three numbers. €2 can often reap great rewards.!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭raheny red

10 - Nap. 1 - Nb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Remember to have two consecutive numbers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Random wrote: »
    the winning numbers for this weeks draw will be 2 3 19 26 35 and

My source told me that they werent putting number 19 in the draw til the 2nd week in march. Your telling porkies.
    No.6 is a cert to be out tonight. Got a phone call from mystic meg :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭RocketRonnie

Your birthday(date, month and year! if your something like 1973 then just do 7 & 3) the date you got married, your son's birthday and 18 always comes out aswell!!!!
    I expect half your winnings......:D

• Advertisement

I did this for the craic tonight.
    Stuck on 50c to even up my account.
    Chose two numbers, 3 & 23.

Needless to say, 3 came up but not 23, 22 though :rolleyes:

Just thinking of a plan.

€1 dedicated to it every week.
    33c on the main Lotto.
    33c on the Lotto +1
    33c on the Lotto +2.

Surely you'd pick two out of at least one of them?
    If ya could, it'd mean €11.50 returns and if you're really really lucky, you might be able to collect about €34.00??

Tis worth a Euro every week for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Doocey wrote: »
    I did this for the craic tonight.
    Stuck on 50c to even up my account.
    Chose two numbers, 3 & 23.

Needless to say, 3 came up but not 23, 22 though :rolleyes:

Just thinking of a plan.

€1 dedicated to it every week.
    33c on the main Lotto.
    33c on the Lotto +1
    33c on the Lotto +2.

Surely you'd pick two out of at least one of them?
    If ya could, it'd mean €11.50 returns and if you're really really lucky, you might be able to collect about €34.00??

Tis worth a Euro every week for sure.

I do the 2 from 7 every week - for € 2 ( total € 6 )

Came good only once in the last 6 months - returns € 60

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Threads like this really do make me laugh.

It doesn't matter if a number has come up every week for the past year. It's still only got the same probability of coming up this week as any other number.

I do the 2 from 7 every week - for € 2 ( total € 6 )

Came good only once in the last 6 months - returns € 60

It's definitely worth a shot.
    AnonoBoy wrote: »

It doesn't matter if a number has come up every week for the past year. It's still only got the same probability of coming up this week as any other number.

True, but how many times have you bought a quickpick and you've frowned at the fact you've only got two numbers? *I'm guessing you have bought in once in your life anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

AnonoBoy wrote: »

This.

If certain numbers have come up more often than others in the past it does not mean that this is likely to happen in the future.

In fact, over a given time period, each number should come up just as often as another. If it doesn't that's luck. There is no other factor involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭raheny red

True, but how many times have you bought a quickpick and you've frowned at the fact you've only got two numbers?

But how do you go about picking your two numbers from the 6?

Lock the forum.

Quick.

raheny red wrote: »
    But how do you go about picking your two numbers from the 6?

Lock the forum.

Quick.

Same concept as any other type of gambling.
    If you ask me, it's certainly worth a euro ever week, especially at odds of 35/1.

It's very true to say that given time, every number should appear as much as another but what I'm saying is, it's very possible to predict 2 out of 7.

In fact, I think I might just do it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BrownianMotion

What numbers do you think represent value Doocey? I was thinking of 6 myself but it seems to be looking a bit tubby these days so not so sure anymore.

What numbers do you think represent value Doocey? I was thinking of 6 myself but it seems to be looking a bit tubby these days so not so sure anymore.

Well as they boys have said, it's impossible to know but I find 3 is a regular.

I tend to go with 3 and perhaps 21 or 23.

Pure luck though eh?

35/ to one though, come on! :D

it's very possible to predict 2 out of 7.

Yes, but it's 2 out of 42 to appear in a 6 (7?) number sequence. There is a difference.

I'd imagine that the actual odds would be quite a bit more than 35/1.

There is a matematical formula to it but unfortunely i forgot it quite a long time ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ChrisBrady

Well, now that John Terry has been doing Man City's #3's Wife, I expect the latters game will be affected heavily...

Right... to get one number (from 6's), there would be a 6 in 42 chance of getting it. To get a second number, it would be a 5 in 41 chance, right? So, do you not just multiply? So if it was fair game it should be about 57/1 to or something, excluding the bonus.

ChrisBrady wrote: »
    Well, now that John Terry has been doing Man City's #3's Wife, I expect the latters game will be affected heavily...

Right... to get one number (from 6's), there would be a 6 in 42 chance of getting it. To get a second number, it would be a 5 in 41 chance, right? So, do you not just multiply? So if it was fair game it should be about 57/1 to or something, excluding the bonus.

Perhaps, but my point is, it's very possible.
    And I'm quite confident I'll do it this Saturday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ChrisBrady

By no means was I say don't do it! I'm guilty of giving it a go! I remember I used to pick three numbers and do Doubles and Trebles on them, similar stakes as yourself. Got a double once, paid for 8 more of such bets, didn't bear any more fruit though.

Good luck anyway!

Haha, it's a tempting bet, as reliable as Liverpool in football :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Browney7

Degag_ wrote: »
    Yes, but it's 2 out of 42 to appear in a 6 (7?) number sequence. There is a difference.

I'd imagine that the actual odds would be quite a bit more than 35/1.

There is a matematical formula to it but unfortunely i forgot it quite a long time ago.

Real odds are about 47/1 I think. ((45*44)/(7*6))

About a 34% profit for the bookie in the long run so thats why I never do it. Shocking bad value for money bet really

• Registered Users Posts: 9,849 ✭✭✭thesandeman

I mentioned this in some other thread but it got lost in cyberspace. Has anyone tried 'BAKERS DOZEN' with PP? You pick 13 numbers and if any 5,6or7 come up you win something.

I mentioned this in some other thread but it got lost in cyberspace. Has anyone tried 'BAKERS DOZEN' with PP? You pick 13 numbers and if any 5,6or7 come up you win something.

That sounds like it is even worse value than 2 out of 6 tbh:D

Depends how much you win of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

It's definitely worth a shot.
    True, but how many times have you bought a quickpick and you've frowned at the fact you've only got two numbers? *I'm guessing you have bought in once in your life anyway.
    Your argument isn't completely correct. Getting two numbers on your lotto ticket is more probable because you have 12 numbers on your lotto ticket (assuming you get a 2 line ticket). This means there is more than one pair of numbers you can match, however for 35/1 you have to pick two specific numbers so it ain't so easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,292 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Degag_ wrote: »
    That sounds like it is even worse value than 2 out of 6 tbh:D

Depends how much you win of course.

How can you tell it's bad value without knowing the odds?

Advertisement