Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to buy single stamps anymore?

• 20-04-2009 9:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭

I found myself wandering around Dublin City centre the other day, calling into various shops while looking to purchase a single stamp. All the shops only seemed to sell books of stamps. Given that I send about one letter every two years, I really have no use for a book. Are they just not sold anymore?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

Go into a Post Office, they sell single stamps.

Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

The shops can only sell booklets of stamps. You need to go to a post office if you want to buy individual stamps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

erm,/:eek:\

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I bought a single stamp in Spar on Thomas street last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

The post office opposite the tourist centre, in city centre, has automated machines for selling single stamps, as far as I remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

I'm sure shops will sell single stamps but i dont think they are obliged to. The Post office will still sell single stamps but thats no use to you if your no where near one or after hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

dlambirl wrote: »
    . The Post office will still sell single stamps but thats no use to you if your no where near one or after hours!

Yeah, because afterall there are only 154 post offices in Dublin! So it's not like there is much chance of having one located anywhere near you.. And god forbid it's past closing time, I mean how could you possibly be expected to wait until nine o'clock the following morning?!!

Well i had to post a card to someone down the country one evening and the post office in the spar in smithfield was closed yet the post hadnt gone so i had to buy a full book of stamps to get the card there on time. Never used any of the other stamps in the book - god knows where the book of them are now! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

The GPO is open 8-8

Well I am too lazy of a person to walk back to the GPO

So moral of the story is that there is single stamps for sale - you just have to be able to make it to a post office or the GPO!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

dlambirl wrote: »

So moral of the story is that there is single stamps for sale - you just have to be able to make it to a post office or the GPO!!

Pretty much.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭ilkhanid

I'd like it if one could buy single pairs of socks anymore too :(

Advertisement