Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas Timetable

• 01-05-2010 1:17pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Quick question What time is the last Luas on the red line on a Tuesday night. I want to get from O Connell st to the Red cow.
    From the Luas site
    At what time are the last trams?
    On the Green Line and the Red Line (Tallaght to/from The Point), the last trams are:
    Monday to Friday: 0.30am
    Saturday: 0.30am
    Sunday: 11.30pm
    Bank Holidays: 0.30am

On the Red Line, the last trams from Connolly to/from Heuston are at 10pm.

Do I take it as 0.30am or that the Red line runs from Heuston to/from Tallagh only after 10pm? and you cannot get it from O Connell St after 10pm?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The Connolly to Heuston service is a branch service. The Point to Tallaght is the main service and runs till 00:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Pretty sure the last tram from stephens green on a weekday actaully leaves at 00;45, contuary to the timetable :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭rednik

timmywex wrote: »
    Pretty sure the last tram from stephens green on a weekday actaully leaves at 00;45, contuary to the timetable :cool:

This is the last from Sandyford and it leaves SSG at 00:53. Last tram from SSG was originally 00:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭rednik

Beeker wrote: »
    Quick question What time is the last Luas on the red line on a Tuesday night. I want to get from O Connell st to the Red cow.
    From the Luas site
    At what time are the last trams?
    On the Green Line and the Red Line (Tallaght to/from The Point), the last trams are:
    Monday to Friday: 0.30am
    Saturday: 0.30am
    Sunday: 11.30pm
    Bank Holidays: 0.30am

On the Red Line, the last trams from Connolly to/from Heuston are at 10pm.

Do I take it as 0.30am or that the Red line runs from Heuston to/from Tallagh only after 10pm? and you cannot get it from O Connell St after 10pm?

Last tram from the Point on week nights is 12:30 and will pass through Abbey St approx 8 mins later so you should be at the platorm at 12:35. This tram is in service to Tallaght so you have no problem for the Red Cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I don't understand the need for that line on the Luas site. Why not demolish COnnoly stop actually, since it's now 3 times as fast and 3 times as regular simply to cross the road and use Busáras. Maybe construct a covered walkway between the two and uise the rest of the site for something constructive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

sdonn wrote: »
    I don't understand the need for that line on the Luas site. Why not demolish COnnoly stop actually, since it's now 3 times as fast and 3 times as regular simply to cross the road and use Busáras. Maybe construct a covered walkway between the two and uise the rest of the site for something constructive?

A problem I noticed since I started using the Luas again. The length of time it takes for the lights to change to get to Busaras, I have missed countless trams because of this.

Another is Busaras only has 2 ticket machines where as Connolly has 8. The ques at Busaras are crazy at times and the platforms are not big enough to hold all the people and this is during the day and not peak hours. The stop is not fit for purpose anymore.

I now buy my ticket at Connolly and run in front of the traffic to Busaras to get a Luas now. I don't see why the trams can't use the delta junction to it's full potential. All the drivers have to do is change ends and push an extra button. Hardly time consuming considering most people want to use Connolly and don't want to drag bags and suit cases across a main road with a 7min light sequence in the pi55ing rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Connolly also has entertainment value as there are regular bum fights on Luas platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I don't like this lark of pulling into connolly and pulling out again. Why not pop a third platform into Connolly and make the Point a very regular branch service - 2 trams would do for 8-10 minute intervals.

Advertisement