Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Eireann Prices On Wexford Service.

• 02-12-2012 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Do people realize that on bus eireann the prices are as following,

Return from Dublin to Gorey €20
    Same Day return is €19.50
    MID WEEK RETURN also is €20

HOW STUPID IS THAT, the idea of a mid week return is to encourage people to travel off peak times yet the price is the same. Anyone else noticed this and what are prices further down to Wexford?

ALSO Bus Eireann state they are supplying wifi on all buses to Wexford, but i travel a lot and have not had any wifi ever..

They really are making fools of this service, other services which travel further miles, eg Dublin to Kilkenny is more miles yet significantly cheaper. It doesnt make sense.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭goreyguy

Wexford Bus is a far superior service, cheaper and faster. Use it 5 days a week to commute to college.
    Very good wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I think it's around the tenner mark for a day return Enniscorthy to Wexford,about a thirty mile round trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Wi-Fi is not present on all coaches but I'm surprised you have never been able to receive it. If you travel on the 384 route to or from Gorey, this is not an Expressway route and is operated by a franchisee.
    Not meaning to be patronising but you do know you have to search for and add BE Wifi to your phone/ laptop/ tablet and sign up for the service, it isn't automatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭NonSickle

bmaxi wrote: »
    Wi-Fi is not present on all coaches but I'm surprised you have never been able to receive it. If you travel on the 384 route to or from Gorey, this is not an Expressway route and is operated by a franchisee.
    Not meaning to be patronising but you do know you have to search for and add BE Wifi to your phone/ laptop/ tablet and sign up for the service, it isn't automatic.

No disrespect but yes of course i have tried i am well aware as are tons of other peolple to be fair how WIFI works and the fact is there has been NO WIFI on any buses myself and another girl i know, we travel at different times so its varied. Any buses i get are going to Wexford not just Gorey. The MIDWEEK prices annoy me too, they are getting away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭NonSickle

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056815313

Here is another thread about the WIFI, i am waiting to hear back but everyone should complain about the wifi and the prices and see can we get an explanation on mid week prices being the same and the fact they are falsely advertising the WIFI. If anyone wants the email address of the guy oer the advertising, let me know and i will PM it to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

I've commuted with both Bus Éireann and Wexford Bus at various stages over the last year and my main concern with both operators is their rather misleading timetables - I regularly got the 16:30 Airport-Wexford (WB) service and it was rarely on time. No fault on the drivers' behalf, but company publish rather misleading, and unachievable timetables. Gorey to Arklow Bybass northern exit in 10 minutes? Never seen it happen.

Bus Éireann used to be actually ok on the timekeeping front but since the change in October (in response to that of Wexford Bus) and seen it too deteriorate. Gorey-Arklow town centre in fifteen minutes? Gorey-Knockmore roundabout in twelve? (Not factoring in loading/detraining times). Busáras-Kildare St. in five minutes? I've yet to a route 002 bus arrive in Arklow on time from Gorey since the change. They even contradict themselves in that the 006 New Ross bus retains the old (and realistic) time of 20 mins Gorey-Arklow, yet state the 002 takes 15.

Not to mention places like Ballincor, Jack Whites, Inch, Ballycanew, etc, have lost their transport service altogether, all out of a petty rivalry between two bus companies that continue to perpetuate unrealistic journey times - if it was any other business it would be called false advertising.

Advertisement