Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'48' Mobile operator - Prepaid offer - 3000mins & 5000 texts €10per month

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Play the fist 40 seconds of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3L4spg8vyo in the background while watching the ad form the start. Works well :)
    I think you missed your calling. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

Just seen the ad on e4!
    I'll definitely be changing anyways, wonder will o2 unlock my phone that I got with the golden ticket promo? Probably not :/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,040 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I think you missed your calling. :p

Just taking the Scenic Route :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

SIM arrived this morning! Great to be 21 again........

191210.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭pms7

Got SIM today.
    This is only thing to look out for in terms..

14.2 We may also use your information and personal details to contact you with marketing messages by SMS, email, phone or post. We will do this for so long as you continue to use the 48 Services and for a reasonable period of time after you cease to use the 48 Services in order to inform you about products and services and promotions and special offers which we feel may be of interest to you. These marketing messages will provide you with information about our own products and services and information about products and services provided by our selected partners and third parties. If you do not wish to receive such information please contact us in the ways we allow via www.48months.ie to amend your preference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭pms7

Woops! Made a mistake with my year...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭digitaldr

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    Great to be 21 again........

How exactely do they verify your age?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭sob1467

Just got my sim with a new number starting with the prefix 089. Thats a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

sob1467 wrote: »
    Just got my sim with a new number starting with the prefix 089. Thats a new one.

Same as Tesco mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Pretty sure 089 is for all MVNO's but not certain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Can you port your existing number over to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Can you port your existing number over to them?
    Yes, here you go,

http://help.48months.ie/entries/20866606-how-do-i-move-my-old-phone-number-to-48#RequestToTransferNow

digitaldr wrote: »
    How exactely do they verify your age?

They didn't ask anything about age as far as I recall (the oul memory isn't too good....).
    I made lots of misspellings, used no punctuation, had atrocious grammar, said "like" and "OMG" and l33t a lot - that seemed to fool them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Skepticism

They didn't ask anything about age as far as I recall (the oul memory isn't too good....).
    I made lots of misspellings, used no punctuation, had atrocious grammar, said "like" and "OMG" and l33t a lot - that seemed to fool them.

Yeah that'd work considering there's no place to fill in words like that. Unless of course your address is:

IthinkI'mcool
    Likeomg
    l33t

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

they prob just sent you a pity sim!! (ya sad auld git :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

won't accept any of my cards to pay for membership. It says:

"one of the products you are buying is not allowed for paying with credit"

edit: just noticed that their card payments mechanism is not set up yet and you have to buy a voucher from a payzone outlet.

could they not just have waited until they had things set up properly!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jokeman

.. from 48 ...Thanks for getting in touch with us here at 48.
    Apologies for our card payment method not working, I’m sorry if we have inconvenienced you in any way.
    As you would expect, with a new network, we are currently having a few teething problems, card payments being the main one, but we are on it and working to resolve the issue ASAP.
    I have attached a link below which we update regularly so keep an eye for any new updates http://help.48months.ie/home

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Got the SIM and on the network. :) Does anyone know if you use the SIM can you then port over your number later? or do you have to port now?

P.S. The web site says all porting is disabled, porting requests will be queued until Monday: http://help.48months.ie/home

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Walter White

Oracle wrote: »
    Got the SIM and on the network. :) Does anyone know if you use the SIM can you then port over your number later? or do you have to port now?

P.S. The web site says all porting is disabled, porting requests will be queued until Monday: http://help.48months.ie/home[/QUOTE]

I got my SIM this morning, ported over my number, went to the shop and topped up by 10euro(as you cant top up online)... But when i log into my account it says i have no credit, but when i check my balance ringing 1740 it says i have 11 euro..
    Response from 48months is I will have to wait until Monday to get it sorted as they have gone home for the weekend and they are sorry that I will have no phone for the weekend.... What a disaster...:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭JTMan

P.S. The web site says all porting is disabled, porting requests will be queued until Monday: http://help.48months.ie/home[/QUOTE]

I got my SIM this morning, ported over my number, went to the shop and topped up by 10euro(as you cant top up online)... But when i log into my account it says i have no credit, but when i check my balance ringing 1740 it says i have 11 euro..
    Response from 48months is I will have to wait until Monday to get it sorted as they have gone home for the weekend and they are sorry that I will have no phone for the weekend.... What a disaster...:confused::confused::confused:

If you topped by 10 EUR, then surely the 10 EUR was used to pay your 'membership fee' and hence it would make sense that your balance is zero?

• Advertisement

A mobile phone network that don't work the weekends? How ridiculous, so you've no phone for the weekend? That's a bit irresponsible of them as well really. Looks like the network is also run by 18 to 22 year olds.

Fungus wrote: »

If you topped by 10 EUR, then surely the 10 EUR was used to pay your 'membership fee' and hence it would make sense that your balance is zero?
    No my 10euro top up was not used to pay my membership.. If I call the top up number 1740 now it says I have 11 euro credit.... But there is only 1 way to pay for membership and that is on the website and when I log in to my account online it says I have zero balance...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

so just to be clear how much a month will it cost me to have unlimited calls+text,s. Is it just the 10 euro membership or do i have to top up also, and by how much cheers all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭JTMan

massy086 wrote: »
    so just to be clear how much a month will it cost me to have unlimited calls+text,s. Is it just the 10 euro membership or do i have to top up also, and by how much cheers all

It costs you 10 EUR via a 'membership fee'.

You then need to top up for other services such as data.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Fungus wrote: »
    It costs you 10 EUR.
    thats great thanks for the quick answer :D:D

massy086 wrote: »
    Its just one 10euro per month... They just call it a membership and you renew it each month... It is a great deal, if it would just start....

I ain't knocking it I think it's great. If I get the SIM, can get on the network and actually get the deal, it'll be fantastic ....... :D

... as I said yesterday .... well 2 out of 3 ain't bad! :)

... as I said yesterday .... well 2 out of 3 ain't bad! :)
    Very true... lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Really have to laugh at the amount of paranoid people posting at the start of this thread and the amount of time they wasted googling,emailing and making phone calls.. Really.. why care that much.. anyway.. good deal that gonna order one for the gf.

• Advertisement

Skepticism wrote: »
    Yeah that'd work considering there's no place to fill in words like that. Unless of course your address is:

IthinkI'mcool
    Likeomg
    l33t
    :D I think I've just found someone who DOES qualify.... (or will on his next birthday).... :D
    Like - random!

Advertisement