Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobseekers benefit payments over xmas??

• 08-12-2008 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am just wondering how are the payments made over xmas? After this week's payment, the next one would be the 24th, xmas eve. I assume that payments will not be made on xmas eve? So can anybody please tell me how it works? Do they just pay you the week after xmas and give you 2 weeks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CarbonX

I'm not certain about this but I think it might be something like this, you'll be paid for two weeks next week, but don't get your next payment for two weeks.
    E.g. If normally paid on a Tuesday you should be getting two payments on 16th. The next payment would then be on 30th.

Merry Christmas!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I get my payment every wednesday and I did'nt any double payment yet :s

I believe you should get two payments on Wed 17th. Your next payment after that should be 31th.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

just to tag another question re: xmas payment....

I will be able to sign on the 17th but am going to UK for xmas and come back on 5th so i would then sign on the 7th. I know that if you miss 2 weeks then pay is suspended so would this count as me missing 2 weeks or would it only count as 1 week (i.e. not signing on as the xmas week wouldn't count)?

I hope thats clear enough

Cheers.

It's difficult to know.
    You are probably best off applying for your 2 weeks holidays a.s.a.p., if you haven't already used it up this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

CarbonX wrote: »
    I'm not certain about this but I think it might be something like this, you'll be paid for two weeks next week, but don't get your next payment for two weeks.
    E.g. If normally paid on a Tuesday you should be getting two payments on 16th. The next payment would then be on 30th.

Merry Christmas!

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. Merry Xmas to you too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

I get paid on a Thursday (OPFP).... both Christmas Day and New Years Day are Thursdays... so does that mean I'd get a double payment this Thursday and then nothing until January 8th? Wouldn't that be three weeks of a gap with only 2 weeks payment?!

There isn't any actual information on the welfare website :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Rosedale6

People who get paid on the 23rd and 24th there money will be paid in on the 22nd. 31st and the 1st it will be paid in on the 29th. Christmas and bank holidays if your pay days falls on them you get it a couple of days early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jonnyovcasvagas

hi i sign on a thursday the last time i signed on was on the 11th but didnt get paid later that day i got a giro frm the 27th to the 11th which has to spread till whenever... when i signed on the 11th dec the job center gave me a slip saying that i would be paid on the 22nd up to the 8th because the job centre is shut on the 23rd 24th 25th 26th and the first i think so it says i should be pai on the 22nd but it doesnt say how much and approximate date? ive just been told to turn up on the 8th of jan any anwsers please on whats going on!!!thank:pac::confused::eek:s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MillDogg

:)Payments on a national public holiday spacer.gif
    Benefit payments over Christmas 2008
    The Department for Work and Pensions has always ensured that when customers are due payments on a national public holiday when most banks and financial institutions are closed, they have access to their money in advance.
    Payments due on Wednesday 24th, Thursday 25th, and Friday 26th December will be paid on Tuesday 23rd December.
    Payments due on Thursday 1st January 2009 will be paid on Wednesday 31st December 2008.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭chasm

Milldog, those dates are for the UK!!

I know the local and head offices of the DSFA are open on 30th/31st december and 2nd january, so i think that most people will get one last payment during that week- probably the tuesday or wednesday(30th/31st)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 miss_giggles

hi i was just wondering i collect payment from social welfare every friday, im on the jobseekers benefit and last friday got double payment, was this a bonus? or was it just payment for xmas week the next payment should have been stephens day.....im assuming it was payment for that week...but do i not get a bonus? and i also dont know when the next payment date is??? can anyone help?......
    soooo broke finding it hard to make ends meet

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭smithy1981

hi i was just wondering i collect payment from social welfare every friday, im on the jobseekers benefit and last friday got double payment, was this a bonus? or was it just payment for xmas week the next payment should have been stephens day.....im assuming it was payment for that week...but do i not get a bonus? and i also dont know when the next payment date is??? can anyone help?......

I think you only get the bonus if you're on jobseekers benefit for 390 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

if you iou double last week it will have to do for this week aswell. Next payment is new years eve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

If you got your payment on 19th then you got 2 weeks - since 26th is Stephens Day, obviously everything is closed - so next payment for you is 2nd Jan (Friday).It was not a bonus.If you were entitled to one, you would have recieved it earlier this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 johner07

hi all when i was in the posted office on monday just gone,i asked the woman when do i get the two weeks money over the x-mas,she said this monday coming the 14th,i will get two weeks money and then on the 21st i get one weeks money but the nexted week i get nothing untill the 4th of jen i hope this will help some of yous thanks :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 johner07

If you got your payment on 19th then you got 2 weeks - since 26th is Stephens Day, obviously everything is closed - so next payment for you is 2nd Jan (Friday).It was not a bonus.If you were entitled to one, you would have recieved it earlier this month.
    wat are you talking about a bonus there is NO BOUS this year or anymore dat has being done away with

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

johner07 wrote: »
    wat are you talking about a bonus there is NO BOUS this year or anymore dat has being done away with

That post was made in 2008 lol!

Advertisement