Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Timing Belt Change Peugeot 307 1.4hdi

• 15-09-2006 6:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know if there is a timing belt kit for changing the timimg belt on a peugeot 307 1.4hdi and if the water pump needs changing also?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Someone help this lad out, he deserves a good reply just for driving an absolutely class diesel engine and not having followed the masses into a boring golf or similar vag powered crap. Peugeots Hdi is one of the best and underrated diesel engines ever made.

Anyway, i`d imagine there is a kit for it, sure ring a peugeot stealer/dealer to confirm, then buy the kit off gsfparts.com(spelling?) and get your local mechanic to do it. Thee water pump normally wouldnt be changed until the 2nd changing of the timing belt.

How to you find that 307 anyway, is the 90 or 110hp engine. A 3door is it. Is it decent enough for over-taking and hows the economy. Any issues at all? My sister is looking to buy 1 in the hdi form.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,471 ✭✭✭maidhc

Nuttzy wrote:
    Peugeots Hdi is one of the best and underrated diesel engines ever made.

Excellent engine indeed, but not exactly underrated. BMW are buying them for the Mini, Ford also fit them to some of their cars due to a co-operation between both companies.

(I'd put money on PSA and Ford Europe merging at some point actually... maybe when Ford USA goes to the wall...)
    Nuttzy wrote:
    How to you find that 307 anyway, is the 90 or 110hp engine.

The 90 and 110 are 1.6's. The 1.4 is 70bhp as far as I am aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,059 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The 1.4 HDi has 75bhp but is no longer available in the 307 these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

it's the same 1.4 as ford isnt it? it's chain driven, no timing belt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

I used have a 1.9diesel 306 which was 74bhp(same at the 1.4petrol 306) so surely the 1.4 turbo diesel is more than 75? I thoght the smallest hdi was 90bhp.

• Advertisement

Nuttzy wrote:
    I used have a 1.9diesel 306 which was 74bhp(same at the 1.4petrol 306) so surely the 1.4 turbo diesel is more than 75? I thoght the smallest hdi was 90bhp.

Apparently not.

Toyota 1.4 D4D is 90bhp though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Moanin

Nuttzy wrote:
    Someone help this lad out, he deserves a good reply just for driving an absolutely class diesel engine and not having followed the masses into a boring golf or similar vag powered crap. Peugeots Hdi is one of the best and underrated diesel engines ever made.

Anyway, i`d imagine there is a kit for it, sure ring a peugeot stealer/dealer to confirm, then buy the kit off gsfparts.com(spelling?) and get your local mechanic to do it. Thee water pump normally wouldnt be changed until the 2nd changing of the timing belt.

How to you find that 307 anyway, is the 90 or 110hp engine. A 3door is it. Is it decent enough for over-taking and hows the economy. Any issues at all? My sister is looking to buy 1 in the hdi form.

Its a 2002 xs model 1.4hdi 70 or 75 bhp not sure, but I've had it for 4 years from new and passed it on to my wife as a second car.It has 92k on the clock and not a loss on it.It's regularly serviced and looked after.It is so silent for a diesel ( I currently have an A4 1.9tdi, good engine but very noisey)but slightly underpowered for overtaking.I see threads with people downing frenchcars but so far (Touch wood) I've had no trouble.

I tried ringing a main dealer on Friday for a price (3 times) and they were to call me back but heard nothing,but the fella advised me to change the water pump also.I rang around a few motor part shops and the price varied for a kit from €127k to €66k.One fella asked me to find the engine number as there were 2 different belts for these cars. GSF are £77 before delivery so I don't think they are that cheap.

I now need to find where the bulb is that lights up the heater switch and temp settings as it is blown and took most of the dash apart in this area but can't locate it.

Any body shed any light on this?

Thanks

Moanin wrote:
    I now need to find where the bulb is that lights up the heater switch and temp settings as it is blown and took most of the dash apart in this area but can't locate it.

Many cars now use LEDs inside in the switch. My focus definately does, and if they stop functioning all you can do is solder on a new LED, or buy a new switch.

If you are fitting a new cam belt buy an OEM one, even if it costs 2x the price. You normally get some form of warranty with an OEM belt, and there may also be design updates to some parts of the kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Moanin

Thanks, Ya I agree, I think I will go to the main stealer for the belt>Afer all if that goes you're fcuked!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,059 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Nuttzy wrote:

The 307 was available with three HDi engines when launched in 2001 - 1.4 75bhp and 2.0 110bhp.

In 2002/2003 the new 1.6 litre 110bhp was added to the range. I think the 2.0 HDi then became a special order.

In late 2005 when the 307 received a mid life facelift the 1.4 HDi was dropped. A detuned version of the 1.6 litre 110bhp engine replaced it. The detuned 1.6 HDi has 90bhp.

The Ford Focus now has both a 90bhp and 110bhp version of the same 1.6 HDi too while Mazda and Volvo only offer the 110bhp version.

To be honest bhp is not the most important thing with diesel engines, the torque figures are what should be looking at.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

Hey guys

Just wondering What 307 engine i should go for i am looking for a diesel as i clock up a far few miles

Since my car is still in the shop i am looking around.

1.4 HDI turbo or 2:0 Diesel

My current car has 80BHP but i kinda want something bigger and have been driving my brother bora 130BHP and it is a rocket but don't really want a VW as they are very common

Advertisement