Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

ah good man bang on with that one...

is escape plan any good?

not sure but may pick it up myself next week..think next big game to buy is unit 13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Mark26 wrote: »
    i'm just after downloading Motorstorm RC to my PS3 tonight using my friends PSN account. I went into the playstation store and into his download lists and when the game was finished downloading & installed to my ps3, i transfered it to my vita with no problems :D. It is no longer on my ps3 but is on my vita and i have to say it's a great little game and even better is i didn't have to pay for it :p

and it plays? strange, when i downloaded games from my euro psn account to my canadian ps3, then transferred over with my canadian psn account i get the error that the game cannot be played as its associated with a different psn account

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Helix wrote: »
    i'm just after downloading Motorstorm RC to my PS3 tonight using my friends PSN account. I went into the playstation store and into his download lists and when the game was finished downloading & installed to my ps3, i transfered it to my vita with no problems :D. It is no longer on my ps3 but is on my vita and i have to say it's a great little game and even better is i didn't have to pay for it :p

and it plays? strange, when i downloaded games from my euro psn account to my canadian ps3, then transferred over with my canadian psn account i get the error that the game cannot be played as its associated with a different psn account

Difference between his and yours is that his was two Accounts in the same region. Which on most things makes a big difference.

Re: escape plan. Worth buying it, touchscreen was annoying for me but should get use to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,198 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

not sure but may pick it up myself next week..think next big game to buy is unit 13
    unit 13?? off to google with me...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

god fifa is a joke beating some lad 3-0 he decides to keep the ball then at half time i get disconnected.. not the first time either, servers are a joke think ill be getting rid of it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

unit 13?? off to google with me...

There's a demo on the store. Seems like a good game.

irishmover wrote: »
    Difference between his and yours is that his was two Accounts in the same region. Which on most things makes a big difference.

never made a difference with psn before. any european review code i get works fine on the canadian psn account after its downloaded and vice versa

im gonna try transferring using the ps3 instead of just straight downloading on the vita then switching psn ids

maybe that'll work

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Helix wrote: »

never made a difference with psn before. any european review code i get works fine on the canadian psn account after its downloaded and vice versa

im gonna try transferring using the ps3 instead of just straight downloading on the vita then switching psn ids

maybe that'll work

Yeh that would be your problem. He downloaded it on his mates account via the ps3. Switched accounts and installed it using his own account. Then transferred it over from the ps3 to the vita.

I had region locked issues about 18 months ago. Guess it was sorted.

Edit: actually doesn't look like, from reading his post he switched account at all. Atleast he doesn't say that. So would wonder if he could only play online with his mates account.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭robfowler78

god fifa is a joke beating some lad 3-0 he decides to keep the ball then at half time i get disconnected.. not the first time either, servers are a joke think ill be getting rid of it..
    Have to say other than abit of lag not having any issues with FIFA online. Played about 18 matches no disconnect only 1 freeze up during game. Have had an error code once or twice and had to load up the game again. Can't seem to find unranked quick games only ranked but really enjoying it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

You can improve the way those lower-resolution PSP games look on the PS Vita’s screen by pressing and holding the front touchscreen to bring up a Settings menu where you can activate several options. Checking “bilinear filtering” and “color space” seems to yield consistently smoother results, but experiment with your PSP games to find your favorite combination.

I did this and GTA Chinatown Wars looks a lot better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

You can improve the way those lower-resolution PSP games look on the PS Vita’s screen by pressing and holding the front touchscreen to bring up a Settings menu where you can activate several options. Checking “bilinear filtering” and “color space” seems to yield consistently smoother results, but experiment with your PSP games to find your favorite combination.

I did this and GTA Chinatown Wars looks a lot better.

Yep these combined with the ability to map the right analogue stick are great little improvements to any psp game!!

My biggest complaint right now is I don't have the time to play all these games I have and there's more coming out soon!!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Just took the plunge on amazon.jp, with Gravity Daze, case and 16GB.

My wallet's gonna hurt, but not as much as my head when I try read the Japanese.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Just took the plunge on amazon.jp, with Gravity Daze, case and 16GB.

My wallet's gonna hurt, but not as much as my head when I try read the Japanese.....

Was thinking of importing it as it is definitely the game I was / am looking forward to most but I don't think I could play it without any form of English translation.

Will have to wait for the eu release. Let us know what you think when you do get it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

padair wrote: »
    A track of the day would definately work. I guess we can decide upon points when he have some numbers.

The current contendors on the 1st Annual daily MotorStorm RC championship are as follows.

1. padair
    2. caspa307
    3. ghostchant
    4. grahamer666
    5. LazyBaker
    6. brianmcdon
    7. Big Knox (I am assuming is interested)
    8. mise
    9. Darksaga87
    10. NotorietyH
    11. RedXIV

Count me in , phoniexknight

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dclewis

Im on for motorstorm. Me be fruitshophero

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Mark26

tonydude wrote: »

i'm up for that too, psn: lamboz

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone want to start up a FIFA vita type league?

Me too: Serpheus

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Anyone know what font the PSVita uses?

I want to create some transparent backgrounds for myself with text and would like it to look some way similar.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

tonydude wrote: »
    dclewis wrote: »
    Im on for motorstorm. Me be fruitshophero
    Me too: Serpheus

Lads, if you're looking to add your name to a list, it's best to quote the list, add your name and then the next person does the same.
    A track of the day would definately work. I guess we can decide upon points when he have some numbers.

The current contendors on the 1st Annual daily MotorStorm RC championship are as follows.

1. padair
    2. caspa307
    3. ghostchant
    4. grahamer666
    5. LazyBaker
    6. brianmcdon
    8. mise
    9. Darksaga87
    10. NotorietyH
    11. RedXIV
    12. phoniexknight
    13. lamboz
    14. fruitshophero
    15. Serpheus

Above list is up to date(as far as I can see - not checking every post).
    Next person copies the list and adds their name at no. 16 and so on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

F1ngers wrote: »
    Lads, if you're looking to add your name to a list, it's best to quote the list, add your name and then the next person does the same.

1. padair
    2. caspa307
    3. ghostchant
    4. grahamer666
    5. LazyBaker
    6. brianmcdon
    8. mise
    9. Darksaga87
    10. NotorietyH
    11. RedXIV
    12. phoniexknight
    13. lamboz
    14. fruitshophero
    15. Serpheus
    16. Philamental

Have added myself in for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭padair

Have added myself in for the craic.

Quick question, when adding on the PS3 you are able to put in a little message, is this possible on the Vita? I have not seen any message box.

Quick question, when adding on the PS3 you are able to put in a little message, is this possible on the Vita? I have not seen any message box.

Lost me there, bud. I just added myself to the list on here. If I'm supposed to do more than that, I'm all ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

So what's the plan for the Motorstorm challenge, should we add everyone on the list or just post up times in a thread? If we're adding people I should put my username in:

1. padair
    2. caspa307
    3. ghostchant (username: dyasmurphy)
    4. grahamer666
    5. LazyBaker
    6. brianmcdon
    8. mise
    9. Darksaga87
    10. NotorietyH
    11. RedXIV
    12. phoniexknight
    13. lamboz
    14. fruitshophero
    15. Serpheus
    16. Philamental

Lost me there, bud. I just added myself to the list on here. If I'm supposed to do more than that, I'm all ears.

Nope, that is all you had to do.

I was asking a question on adding people as friends on the Vita. On the PS3 when adding a person as a friend you are able to send a message but this does not seem to be the case with the Vita. Am I missing something.

ghostchant wrote: »
    So what's the plan for the Motorstorm challenge, should we add everyone on the list or just post up times in a thread? If we're adding people I should put my username in:

1. padair
    2. caspa307
    4. grahamer666
    5. LazyBaker
    6. brianmcdon
    8. mise
    9. Darksaga87
    10. NotorietyH
    11. RedXIV
    12. phoniexknight
    13. lamboz
    14. fruitshophero
    15. Serpheus
    16. Philamental

Is it easier to add everyone. Then we all can know what we have to beat.

Originally Posted by ghostchant viewpost.gif

1. padair
    2. caspa307
    4. grahamer666
    5. LazyBaker
    6. brianmcdon
    8. mise
    9. Darksaga87
    10. NotorietyH
    11. RedXIV
    12. phoniexknight
    13. lamboz
    14. fruitshophero
    15. Serpheus
    16. Det Somerset (PSN - Philamental)

Makes sense and I guess uses the leaderboard facilities properly. I've edited my entry to clarify who I am on boards and who I am on PSN. Might be best for others to do the same if names are different so we aren't trying to add boards usernames into PSN or rejecting a friend request cause you didn't recognise them from boards.

Setting up a seperate Motorstorm thread would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭RedXIV

1. padair
    2. caspa307
    4. grahamer666
    5. LazyBaker
    6. brianmcdon
    8. mise
    9. Darksaga87
    10. NotorietyH
    11. RedXIV (PSN - redxiv2)
    12. phoniexknight
    13. lamboz
    14. fruitshophero
    15. Serpheus
    16. Det Somerset (PSN - Philamental)

Makes sense and I guess uses the leaderboard facilities properly. I've edited my entry to clarify who I am on boards and who I am on PSN. Might be best for others to do the same if names are different so we aren't trying to add boards usernames into PSN or rejecting a friend request cause you didn't recognise them from boards.

Realised I hadn't my PSN up on it :)

• Advertisement

Yeh that would be your problem. He downloaded it on his mates account via the ps3. Switched accounts and installed it using his own account. Then transferred it over from the ps3 to the vita.

I had region locked issues about 18 months ago. Guess it was sorted.

Edit: actually doesn't look like, from reading his post he switched account at all. Atleast he doesn't say that. So would wonder if he could only play online with his mates account.
    tried using the ps3 to get motorstorm onto my vita from my euro account - doesnt work, get an error that i cannot play the game as it's not associated with the account again

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement