Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stages/Hens thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

My sister had her hen in November we went to The Quays, they reserved an area for us until 11.30pm. The Skeff, Harbour Hotel are all very welcoming too, It might be a good idea to phone a few place to see if they do allow hen parties!
    There was about 25 of us and all within the same age range as yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

you can have it in my house,i really need to meet a girl............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Galway's generally grand for hens. The only place I can think of where you might want to go that deliberately excludes them is Halo nightclub.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭piscesgirl1

I would go with a friday night instead of sat. Had my sisters hen in galway last april. Did a cocktail making class and dinner in the house hotel and then went to the quays. It was a Saturday night so it was a bit busy for the older members of the group. Other than that brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

a lot of places in town had hens banned but over the last couple of years that has all changed. The pubs need all the business they can get now so hens are usually looked on as a good thing now. You should have no bother. the pubs need the money, and when they need the money, all rules go out the window. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭mcmurphy995

I run a monthly burlesque and cabaret night and would be delighted to see yee if you want something different and memorable !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 GMusicMan

Galway's generally grand for hens. The only place I can think of where you might want to go that deliberately excludes them is Halo nightclub.

According to their website "Halo does accept Hen Parties but only Hen Parties without costumes" -and sure by that time of night the fluffy pink cowgirl hats are usually in a pile somewhere anyway!:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

If you meet any problems in Galway, try Westport - facilities described on Mayo section of this board,

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭factual lies

most pubs are now very welcoming to hen nights but some still have a ban on the costume side of things, its to keep what locals they have left happy as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I run a monthly burlesque and cabaret night and would be delighted to see yee if you want something different and memorable !!!!

Are you going to do it monthly? Check your pm, I couldn't find the info on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

nuac wrote: »
    If you meet any problems in Galway, try Westport - facilities described on Mayo section of this board,
    Stop trying to steal our hens Westortian!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭cullenswood

What bar / club serves drinks until the latest in Galway on a Friday nite? Heading down tomorrow on a stag and hear most places stop serving at 2am?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭hayser

Can anyone recommend a good nightclub for a hen party in Galway near Eyre Square? There would be around 35 of us and we don't have to wear the usual hen stuff if the nightclub doesn't allow it (although it would be preferable to do so). Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Hi all,

Galway city residents are probably sick to the back teeth of rowdy stag groups taking over Shop street at the weekends but i would greatly appreciate some feedback please.

I'm looking at organising a stag for about 20 lads in May. What is the general policy of the main pubs in the city at allowing such size groups in? Would hate to go, have a good nite early on and then get split up all over the place. No heavy drinkers, just a bunch of lads out for a saturday night having the craic?

Thanks in advance for yer replies!!

Merged with the main stag/hen thread. You'll find many suggestions /answers here.
    To make it less obvious just go in groups of four/five when entering the place you want to go to.

Thanks for that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ir555

Activities wise...

Rusheen Bay Windsurfing also caters for Hens/ Stags - groups up to 40 people. Located just a few km's from Eyre Square.

Once group is >20 price drops to €25 per head for a 2-3 hour introductory session of windsurfing/ kayaking. All equipemnt supplied.

Email <no mails, just google site> for more info.

D

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Limerick91

A few of us are on a stag this weekend in Galway.

I am looking for some ideas for a few nice pints on Saturday afternoon.

Not interested in the usual places like Quays, Kings Head etc.

A pub with a nice pint of Guinness and able to watch the England Wales rugby game would be ideal

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Use this thread

• Advertisement

Merged with main stage/hen thread and stuck it for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭The Belcher

Limerick91 wrote: »
    A few of us are on a stag this weekend in Galway.

I am looking for some ideas for a few nice pints on Saturday afternoon.

Not interested in the usual places like Quays, Kings Head etc.

A pub with a nice pint of Guinness and able to watch the England Wales rugby game would be ideal

Thanks

Go to O' Connells on Eyre Square, If you look around when at the taxi rank you should see Richardsons on the corner, O' Connells is just down from that. The guinness is superb there and they have a grand smoking area out the back too. Ye would probably want to be in there an hour before the match to try and get seats though to be honest. It's totally different to the Quays etc vibe and if it's guinness drinkers that are in your company just go there. Everywhere else in Galway is not consistant enough to reccomend for good guinness.(in my humble opinion )

Can anyone recommend a good restaurant for a group of 20 or so lads? Heard Cactus Jacks is good?
    Will also be on the lookout for decent accomodation. Nothing fancy since we will only be in it for a few hours but good breakfast will be required!!

Whats the feedback on the karting track in tynagh?

Thanks for any feedback

Can anyone recommend a good restaurant for a group of 20 or so lads? Heard Cactus Jacks is good?
    Will also be on the lookout for decent accomodation. Nothing fancy since we will only be in it for a few hours but good breakfast will be required!!

Whats the feedback on the karting track in tynagh?

Thanks for any feedback

Cactus Jacks or McSwiggans - both good for large groups.
    Accommodation, try places like Sleepzone/Kinlay House (hostels with dorms you can hire out).

Tynagh is www.pallaskarting.com
    Mentions http://www.boards.ie/search/?q=pallas+karting
    Read the thread for more suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Lads,
    Is there a strip joint in Galway still or has the recession wiped it out??

There is Club Paradis down in the red light district.
    www.google.ie/webhp#hl=en&q=paradis+galway

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

biko wrote: »
    There is Club Paradis down in the red light district.
    www.google.ie/webhp#hl=en&q=paradis+galway

Thanks.
    That link is not opening for me however. I'll google my internet machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

In Galway next weekend with herself and I want to take her to a nice restraunt not far from all the pubs.

I know were all the good pubs are but not too familiar with the dining scene.

• Advertisement

Check this thread out.
    Most/all of those places are in city centre.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement