Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 madigan94

booked in for yearly study starting Monday....everyday until 10 except Wednesdays!Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

madigan94 wrote: »
    booked in for yearly study starting Monday....everyday until 10 except Wednesdays!Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! :(:(

Until 10? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Eh, I officialy win, we have 0 Pictures done for the Gaeilge.. First day back was the very same as all of last year. Straight in at 9.10 got a heap of Trigonometry homework to do, did some Geography, got 3 A4 pages of English homework on that Cat comprehension that came up last year. My grinds teacher for Economics decided to give me a welcome-back test about the Rise and Fall of the Irish property market and on the role of NAMA. *Sighs* it's going to be a looong year.. Only 12 months to go though until Law and Business in NUIM/TCD hopefully if everything goes to plan! :). Thinking positively this year, WE CAN DO IT.. :D

Until 10? :eek:

yep....

"Kilmartin Educational Services offer fully Supervised Study in bright, spacious, study halls throughout the school year. We have extended our supervised study hours due to student demand. Evening study will now run from 4 o' clock until 10 o' clock. Saturday study will run from 9.00-5.30. Sunday Study will run from 12-4.00 starting after the October mid-term break. Sunday study hours will then be extended to 10-4 from Easter onwards"

http://www.kes.ie/study.html

parents signed me up for all of this, except the last two and a half hours on Wednesday for guitar, and the first 3 and a half hours on Saturday for tin whistle and driving lessons!!! FML!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Oh wow :(
    Don't know if I should bother with supervised study, I actually concentrate way better at home...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Namlub wrote: »
    Don't know if I should bother with supervised study, I actually concentrate way better at home...

If you concentrate better at home then study at home :) No point wasting money... Currently debating over study, with buses and all being expensive I don't think mine will let me pay for just the morning run :/

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Schonie

yep....

"Kilmartin Educational Services offer fully Supervised Study in bright, spacious, study halls throughout the school year. We have extended our supervised study hours due to student demand. Evening study will now run from 4 o' clock until 10 o' clock. Saturday study will run from 9.00-5.30. Sunday Study will run from 12-4.00 starting after the October mid-term break. Sunday study hours will then be extended to 10-4 from Easter onwards"

http://www.kes.ie/study.html

parents signed me up for all of this, except the last two and a half hours on Wednesday for guitar, and the first 3 and a half hours on Saturday for tin whistle and driving lessons!!! FML!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my :eek:...
    Whoa...our supervised study is from 3.50 till 6...

I'm the exact opposite...I'll never work unless I'm sitting at a desk where I know I'll get in trouble if I mess...........If I stayed home I might as well kiss the old LC goodbye :P

Schonie wrote: »

same in my school but this is outside school....

There is no point in doing it then..save money for college;):D.
    I know I'm too distracted by the tv and pc at home and it takes me ages till I get going at home so study is a better option for me:p

• Advertisement

Same! Tbh I wouldn't be able to concentrate until 10 :rolleyes: :O

same in my school but this is outside school....

Ooh...well I wish you luck then:)

Siobhnk wrote: »

Me neither....plus I'm actually going to bed at 9 now cause I have to get up early..so there's no way I would wake up next day if I did that:D

I'm hoping it won't be too bad.....you get two 30 minute breaks and a 15 minute one....and theirs loads of us doing it..........I'm just trying to be optimistic here :P

Me neither....plus I'm actually going to bed at 9 now cause I have to get up early..so there's no way I would wake up next day if I did that:D

Yeah that's what I hope to do... Mightn't work but sure we'll see :P have you study worked out and all? I have no idea how much I'll do. Everyone seems so prepared except me :(

I'm hoping it won't be too bad.....you get two 30 minute breaks and a 15 minute one....and theirs loads of us doing it..........I'm just trying to be optimistic here :P

Well good luck with everything :) 600 points here you come :P
    Is anyone aiming for the full 600?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

The full 625 now >_>
    Fupping bonus points

Well good luck with everything :) 600 points here you come :P
    Is anyone aiming for the full 600?

Not me anyway....going for primary teaching.....and we can get 625 now as well :eek::eek:

The full 625 now >_>
    Fupping bonus points

Dammit forgot about those... Will points rise that much because of those? I do honours maths and all so I might be ok.. If I pass :o

Not me anyway....going for primary teaching.....and we can get 625 now as well :eek::eek:

Oh cool good luck :) points didn't rise this year so hopefully the trend will continue for you :)

• Advertisement

anybody deleting their facebook pages? A lot of our teachers recommended it today.....I'm not gonna anyway......you'd miss way too many parties and events......

anybody deleting their facebook pages? A lot of our teachers recommended it today.....I'm not gonna anyway......you'd miss way too many parties and events......

Nah too early for that... Maybe I'll suspend my account just for the week or two leading up to the actual exams.

Oh cool good luck :) points didn't rise this year so hopefully the trend will continue for you :)

Ehm biomedical science or just general science... Points have risen so much for them. I'm hoping to get 500 but that's a lot of studying... It'll be worth it though :)

Ehm biomedical science or just general science... Points have risen so much for them. I'm hoping to get 500 but that's a lot of studying... It'll be worth it though :)

I hate sciences :mad: biology wasn't so bad until we started DNA......now I am COMPLETELY lost :P

I hate sciences :mad: biology wasn't so bad until we started DNA......now I am COMPLETELY lost :P
    Haha I feel the same way about languages :( I do biology and chemistry... Prefer biology, chemistry's a teeny tiny bit difficult... (ok, VERY difficult :P ) haven't started that yet, but I love all the human biology :) couldn't care less about the plants :pac:

anybody get much homework first day back?

got two french opinion questions on the holidays.....

Yeah that's what I hope to do... Mightn't work but sure we'll see :P have you study worked out and all? I have no idea how much I'll do. Everyone seems so prepared except me :(

Oh I'm not prepared at all:DTo tell you the truth I have no idea how to start studying...I have never really studied that much and always did okay..but now I kinda need to do better than okay:p

I'm not deleting it but I will be suspending it after christmas until the exams.. it's going to be busy after that (hpat, mocks, orals, practicals)...not looking forward to that though

• Advertisement

Oh I'm not prepared at all:DTo tell you the truth I have no idea how to start studying...I have never really studied that much and always did okay..but now I kinda need to do better than okay:p

Haha phew :P just everyone else I've talked to said they've most things sorted :rolleyes: we'll be perfectly fine! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement