Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viber Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Mine isn't usable on iOS5 either. I updated to iOS5 then upgraded Viber. It gets stuck at the setup screen. First time round got an SMS with the code, put it in, saw all my contacts/messages were gone but it seemed to setup ok. Then it pops up the same setups screen and i have to start again and by now the code doesn't work. Get a call back, with a code. Then next time I start the app I get the setup screen again and the code doesn't work. Now I dont get a callback.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭isup

Can't update cos I'm on 3.1.3 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

There's an update in the App Store now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 reza13

everytime i call my friend or they call me on VIBER i can always hear them but they cant hear me how come? i am using the htc evo from sprint and their using the samsung intercept on virgin mobile

App seems to run fine now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mgcthai

Hi Guys I hope you can help me I joined here to ask a question ~~

Problem one on 3G Iphone
    I have installed Viber on a 3G running os V4.3.3 (8J2) when trying to install the latest Viber I get where I put my phone number in click ok send code but a screen comes up saying
    No Push notification token
    check settings and see viber for more details

I have checked the setting and all the switches are set to "on" I have rebooted several times and reinstalled several times all to no avail.
    Now before the latest update of software i had no problems so any help would be appreciated Oh I have also installed "Push Doctor" which was one suggestion I got and that didnt do anything either ~ so please any ideas ??

Problem two on 2G iPhone
    I have had Viber on this phone before and it worked fine very good indeed in fact but like a silly sod I thought Viber was so good i would upgrade it through iStore and iStore decides to uninstall the one on the phone and install the new version great I though BUT the new version will not install as it keeps saying it is for V4 os and above only so please any ideas where I can get an old version of Viber from for this G2 phone running V3.1.3os

All help muchly appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ViberBugReport

I am trying here to submit a bug report to viber.
    I tried twitting @viber without success. Now I am having a go here. It is really a pity there is no way to do it officially.
    But among the Dublin related stuff on this forum a user Viber seems to listen to this monster megathread.
    My friend and I are not able to open our message conversation page anymore and can not use viber text messaging together anymore. We are both using iPhone4, neither is jailbroken, both are using viber 2.1. The last event was a text message sent from a iOS4 viber. It arrived fine on the target, a iOS5 device. The notification displayed the first words and on the messages pane the begining of the messages is also visible. But both the sender and the receiver are not able to open the actuall text conversation page from this point anymore. Every attempt ends in a viber crash. Well, viber stays still running in the background but the app disappears from the iPhone screen. I am able to access other viber text conversations. In an attempt to fixing I tried to delete the broken thread but this crashed too. I think I was finally able to fix the situation on my device by tampering with internal viber data, but this is really not a solution. Reinstalling viber and losing all messages (even the sane conversations) is also rather painful. Is there a way of fixing the problem for a none-techie? The messages database seems to be corrupt.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭AMHRASACH

on an iphone 3G; original Viber worked fine. At recent invitation, upgraded & Viber fails to function.
    Is there any way of recovering the original system?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Viber

Hi everyone,
    Sorry for my delayed response.

iOS5 users - we are aware that some of you have been experiencing crashes and sudden deactivations. We have been working hard to fix the problems, and there should be great improvement already in the new 2.1.1 (AppStore/Market). A newer version is already under development, and we hope that it is released soon. Once it is, please try it out and it should resolve most issues on iOS5 and make Viber stable again.

iOS3 users - the new version still does not officially support iOS3. It is in the works, but at any rate - I think most users would recommend upgrading to iOS4 or iOS5 anyway. Same goes for you: please stay tuned for updates from me either here or on our Facebook page.

iPhone 2G/3G users - unfortunately Viber officially supports only iPhone 3Gs and above, as stated in our website. The problem might be caused by the fact that you have iOS3 installed, but when it comes to hardware - Viber's support for iPhone 3G itself is only partial. We intend to look into adapting Viber to older iPhone versions in the future, but for now there is unfortunately not much we can do :(

@ViberBugReport - please have both sides install the new 2.1.1, and report back to me if it works or not. If it still doesn't let me know.

@Viber: Thanks for the response. I did upgrade on my device to version 2.1.1. This did not help. What helped here was manually deleting strange looking entries in (I think it was) Contacts file. The database contained trash-messages. I was always able to make voice calls. I do not know how to help my non-techie friend now.

• Advertisement

@Viber: Thanks for the response. I did upgrade on my device to version 2.1.1. This did not help. What helped here was manually deleting strange looking entries in (I think it was) Contacts file. The database contained trash-messages. I was always able to make voice calls. I do not know how to help my non-techie friend now.

It seems as though there is a problem specifically with the messaging between you and your friend. Is this correct, or does he encounter the same problem with all of his other contacts as well?

What you could do, is instruct him to completely remove his Viber, the reinstall the latest version from AppStore.

And by the way - we do have an official way of contacting us. It's in our support page at http://support.viber.com

Yes exactly. The problem is a corrupt entry in the messages repository.
    Is a reinstall (and losing all clean data) the only way out here ? Not very appealing.
    Regarding the support link. I did try this of course but did not find a way of submitting a problem there. Thanks again for fast response.

It's my pleasure, I'm here to help!

Normally, of course, it shouldn't be the only way out, but it seems like something got entangled here and we're using this as an exceptional workaround. I am well aware that losing all your message history and settings is not appealing, but there is not much more I can offer. You may try logging into your friend's phone as well or instructing him to manually delete the entry.

On the support forums you simply need to click the big "Ask Viber Support" button at the top :) But since I'm here in this forums, you can simply ask me.

Users with Xperia X8: we heard that some of you are experiencing a critical bug that prevents you from hearing the other side (or vice versa).

Regardless of whether you personally have it or not, may we ask you to check what the "Model Number" of your device is?
    You can do it by simply going to Settings --> "About Phone" (at the very bottom) --> Model Number

Thank you in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SydneyBloke

Viber wrote: »
    If you mean that you can scroll up and see the messages sent between you and a certain contact (like iPhone) then yes - it's included.

Hi,
    My daughter just updated Viber to your latest version and apparently has lost all of her chat history. She is devastated. Is there a way to recapture all of her chat history.
    You would make a 13 year old girl very happy if you could help out on this one.
    Thanks.
    Justin

@SydneyBloke -

Unfortunately there is no way to recapture chat history of a user, since we have committed to our users that we will not saved the content of our users' text messages (which is actually a good thing!)

We know that there are some issues with messages getting deleted for iPhone users. We will soon release a new, fixed version that will hopefully solve this issue. Apologies to your daughter :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 petto

what version should i install on my 2g? since i lost my pervious ipa file and my phone dosnt support the last version i cant find a compatible install file for my phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 petto

btw im using 3.1.3

petto wrote: »
    btw im using 3.1.3

Unfortunately Viber officially supports only iPhone 3Gs and above. You may try to download the new Viber 2.1.2 from AppStore, but if it encounters problems, there will be unfortunately no way for us to assist :(

iOS3 / iPhone 3G users - we have good news.

Out upcoming Viber 2.1.3 version (released within the next few days to AppStore) should fix the problems you are experiencing. Please download it once it's ready, and let us know if you encounter any more problems.

Thank you in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

iOS3 / iPhone 3G users - we have good news.

Out upcoming Viber 2.1.3 version (released within the next few days to AppStore) should fix the problems you are experiencing. Please download it once it's ready, and let us know if you encounter any more problems.

Thank you in advance.

My friend is using a 3Gs and updated to 2.1.3 and i on a iphone 4 havent yet.

She's not receiving alot of my messages, saying it come up as "message received " but then nothing when she checks it. ANy ideas?

I dont really want to update and have similar problems of my own, plus dont like how it deletes all the messages in doing so. So thought id jump on here and ask you.

Cheers in Advanced :)

I have this problem too. Friend using an iphone 3G and me a 4, both updated to 2.1.3 and messages from her to me go missing. You get the push notification but no sign of the message in the app. I've only noticed it in messages from friends using an iphone 3G, not to say it doesn't happen when others send me messages.

@Iancar29 and @BigMoose -

Thank you for the report.

We have gotten the same report from some other users, but we still can't reproduce the problem here in our labs. Could you please ask the contacts who are sending the messages if there's a specific scenario or steps that they take that always seems to lead to this problem? It'll help us greatly with identifying the source of the issue, and ultimately fix it.

Meanwhile, please have them reboot their phone and see if it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

@Iancar29 and @BigMoose -

Thank you for the report.

We have gotten the same report from some other users, but we still can't reproduce the problem here in our labs. Could you please ask the contacts who are sending the messages if there's a specific scenario or steps that they take that always seems to lead to this problem? It'll help us greatly with identifying the source of the issue, and ultimately fix it.

Meanwhile, please have them reboot their phone and see if it helps.

We notice that it seems to happen more often when she is out and just using 3G coverage. Havent gotten anything more precise than that im afraid.

Thanks. We're on it, and hopefully will fix it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Installed on HTC wildfire, works a dream for texts but during a voice call it seems there can be a difference in time between when I speak and when the other person hears me.. Is this a problem you've experienced?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

I have installed Viber on my iPhone but every time it starts up it asks me to enable push notifications.

They are enabled in my settings but I keep getting this message.

@colmtheperson -
    Unfortunately, Viber does not officially support Wildfire yet, and that's because it's quite a rare device. There are some internal problems in Wildfire that make it difficult for us to implement Viber's voice engine, for example. We are doing our best to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to have good news soon.

So either your problem is caused by the lack of full compatibility, or it's a disrupted network connection (on either side) that's causing this.

@muletide -
    Is your iPhone jailbroken?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭decies

Often viber doesn't ring when I get a call !!!!!

• Advertisement

What device are you using? Which OS version? If it's an iPhone, is it Jailbroken?

1. Does this problem occur on few different WiFi networks and 3G?
    2. Did you make sure your Push Notifications (iPhone) or C2DM (Android) settings are enabled?

Advertisement