Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Freddy Vs. Jason!?

• 03-02-2003 3:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, I thought this would make a great poll, since there is an upoming film of the very subject: http://us.imdb.com/Title?0329101

So, before anyone sees the film, or gets a sneak peek at the script...

Who'd win in a fight!?

Freddy Vs Jason!? 7 votes

Freddy
    0% 0 votes
    Jason
    0% 0 votes
    Atari Jaguar With Butcher Knife Taped On
    100% 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Well, Freddy only exists in dreams (well, he did in the ones I actually watched, I think). So the question would be: does Jason dream? And aside from that, Freddy needed you to fear him too didn't he? So does Jason know fear? I don't think he does... therefore Freddy can't stand a chance because his powers are useless on a demented freak.

So yea, Atari Jaguar With Butcher Knife Taped On it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Jason.

I preferred Nightmare on Elm Street to Halloween, I have to admit. But Freddy lost his appeal when he started talking too much.

Jason still kinda sends shivers down my spine. He doesn't talk, he just comes after you with a big-ass mofo of a knife. And he doesn't stop. Freddy went a bit surreal in the later films. I think if it came down to it, Freddy would start running around like a wee girl trying to psyche Jason out, but Jason cannot be psyched. He'll just stab you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Ah Jason would win hands down! Would rip Freddy an new Asshole imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by koneko
    Jason.

I preferred Nightmare on Elm Street to Halloween, I have to admit. But Freddy lost his appeal when he started talking too much.

Jason still kinda sends shivers down my spine. He doesn't talk, he just comes after you with a big-ass mofo of a knife. And he doesn't stop. Freddy went a bit surreal in the later films. I think if it came down to it, Freddy would start running around like a wee girl trying to psyche Jason out, but Jason cannot be psyched. He'll just stab you.

Er, Jason was in the Friday The 13th films, not Halloween. That was Micheal Myers, but it's easy to confuse the two, because they both have the same style, completely silent, just almost unstoppable. And Jason had a big-ass Machette.

But I'd agree, Freddy does talk too much in the later films. He always had to put in some naff joke when he killed someone, and it just stopped being funny after... Oh, the first time!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Oh, I didn't even realise what I did that. Now I look like an ass-hat.

Still, they'd both beat Freddy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well i voted for jason cause i think he is scarier

theres something freake about a killer whos face is covered up with a mask. Wes Craved eventyally coped that on when he made Screem! And please let that be the last mention of those dredfull films in this forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Two really crap movie series imo, got Friday the 13th dvd box set cause they scared the pants off me as a youngin, watching them now i think they just stink, horrible over acting, cheesy bad guy... very dissopointed with that purchase.

Jason also sux :)

ps. as for a fight atari jag clearly

Advertisement