Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the radio stations

• 18-12-2011 2:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

i wonder what radio stations will be in the new gta i hope they have same kind of stations and music from SA and IV like dance music, country and western and the other funny talk shows

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I drive around for hours just listening to the talkshows. Brilliant stuff, especially Lazlo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

The wild traveler in SA was very funny.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭jamrole

lazlo is one of the funniest characters in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Lazlo has to be in it again. I think he's been in them all in some way since GTA III.

Once they have a good rock station to go to when the talk show repeats itself, I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,950 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

I'd love to see Fernando Martinez and Emotion 98.3 come back!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Choudary

I hope they will include some Hindi or Bollywood music station, perhaps featurings some of the most popular hits such as 'Chikni Chameli' by Shreya Goshel, or maybe even ' I'll Do The Talking Tonight' by Agent Vinod & Neeraj Shridhar.

What do you guys think?

Regards

Choudary Chintapalli

I'm playing GTA III now, and fcuk the radio was crap! Chatterbox was the only good station and that was on a loop meaning I've heard every segment at least 30 times already. I'm hoping for something like SA from here on out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I'm playing GTA III now, and fcuk the radio was crap! Chatterbox was the only good station and that was on a loop meaning I've heard every segment at least 30 times already. I'm hoping for something like SA from here on out.

Flashback FM is great. It's basically the Scarface soundtrack. I liked Double Cleff FM as well.

Chatterbox is still the legendary show though.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Viral Vector

Choudary wrote: »
    I hope they will include some Hindi or Bollywood music station, perhaps featurings some of the most popular hits such as 'Chikni Chameli' by Shreya Goshel, or maybe even ' I'll Do The Talking Tonight' by Agent Vinod & Neeraj Shridhar.

What do you guys think?

Regards

Choudary Chintapalli
    No thanks!

It wouldn't suit the West Coast feeling!

Hopefully K-DST will return with some great classic rock to accompany Ogden's Gone Nut Flakes!

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    San andreas just has it all imo.
    Area 51, tanks, trains, helicopters, planes, bikes.
    The story line was top notch and if you're a hip hop fan like me then there is no better soundtrack. 10 times better than any other gta soundtrack.

I just hope this gta can pull it off.
    That was ironically one of the only problems I had with SA. About 15 stations and easily 10 of them were hip hop or something similar. As a result, I only listened to Radio X and the talk station (WCTR?), occasionally K-Rose but that was only in the hope of Freebird being on when I was flying around the countryside in a sports car :D

Vice City had a far better selection of music imo.

Always turn the radio off in IV when I'm doing a mission or something as it's too hard to focus on the road and hear the phone conversation/whatever the passenger is saying with the radio on aswell. One or the other is fine, but trying to tune one out and listen to the other is annoying. Once I'm done with the missions I'll listen to it properly as I can just ignore the requests to go bowling/drinking/pool/darts/show/strip club/join my book club etc. Integrity looks like being my first stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    That was ironically one of the only problems I had with SA. About 15 stations and easily 10 of them were hip hop or something similar. As a result, I only listened to Radio X and the talk station (WCTR?), occasionally K-Rose but that was only in the hope of Freebird being on when I was flying around the countryside in a sports car :D

Vice City had a far better selection of music imo.

Always turn the radio off in IV when I'm doing a mission or something as it's too hard to focus on the road and hear the phone conversation/whatever the passenger is saying with the radio on aswell. One or the other is fine, but trying to tune one out and listen to the other is annoying. Once I'm done with the missions I'll listen to it properly as I can just ignore the requests to go bowling/drinking/pool/darts/show/strip club/join my book club etc. Integrity looks like being my first stop.

There was only 2 hip hop stations, radio los santos which played gangsta rap like dre, snoop, cube, pac. then there was playback fm which had big daddy kane and rakim and kool G rap and the likes.

And free bird was on K-DST that was an absolutely class radio station. So was Radio X.
    K-ROSE was muck.

There was only 2 hip hop stations, radio los santos which played gangsta rap like dre, snoop, cube, pac. then there was playback fm which had big daddy kane and rakim and kool G rap and the likes.

And free bird was on K-DST that was an absolutely class radio station. So was Radio X.
    K-ROSE was muck.

Or something similar ;) Most of them sounded the same to me (ie crap :pac:) which was why I always had to quickly cycle through them to Radio X, WCTR or off until I was safe. Annoying as hell for me.

Knew it started with a K! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

Not as far as I'm aware.

San Andreas has a great soundtrack alright. K-Rose was brilliant, K-DST the old skool and new skool Hip Hop stations also nobody like the Bounce FM?!?

It's the only GTA I got 100% in. Brilliant. So rewarding.

@the_syco: Where you listening to metal playing S.A and VC? Man, the guys at Rockstar research the soundtrack really well. It's one 5th of the game, I'd say. The soundtrack is one of the most important things about it. They don't just pick what they can find. That's insane.

SA, driving around in the countryside, it starts pissing rain and then I Love a Rainy Night comes on. Brilliant for the time.

I play GTA as much as Rockstar intend you to play the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

@the_syco: Where you listening to metal playing S.A and VC?
    Yup.
    SA, driving around in the countryside, it starts pissing rain and then I Love a Rainy Night comes on. Brilliant for the time.

I play GTA as much as Rockstar intend you to play the game.
    I hate the bullsh|t on the radio.

=-=

I play GTA to kill people, not to listen to their music. I think SA had a nice metal channel which I listened to, but I liked my own tunes better.

the_syco wrote: »
    Yup.

I hate the bullsh|t on the radio.

=-=

I play GTA to kill people, not to listen to their music. I think SA had a nice metal channel which I listened to, but I liked my own tunes better.

What? Rockstar intent on bringing you open-world entertainment in a cinematic fashion. I didnt realise you play the game "just to kill people" which sounds kind of boring to me and it's not really getting the full experience. The soundtrack to a game and film are so important but that seems to go over your head. How would driving around as CJ in the early 90's listning to Pantera work? You wouldn't hear anyone driving around south central listening to metal. Especially an afro-american G. lol

What do you mean by bull**** on the radio? Why do you hate it? lol

Its revered as one of the most comedic and humorous satire on popular culture in entertainment today. Why do you hate it? Sounds like someone saying they like GTA but they hate stealing cars, lol.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I can't be the only one who liked pretty music all the music in the GTA games! I try an get swept up in the timeline, location and culture of each GTA game so I guess that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Some good discussion emerging so i split some of your posts to here from the V thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

-Ade- wrote: »
    I can't be the only one who liked pretty music all the music in the GTA games! I try an get swept up in the timeline, location and culture of each GTA game so I guess that helps.

I thought the GTA IV music was fairly useless, bar one kanye west song that i liked. I thought they would have had some really good East coast rap, liberty city being based on new york and all.

It was still cool that they got Funkmaster Flex to be the presenter for the hip hop station. And in san andreas the presenter for K-DST was Axl Rose as far as i know.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I thought the GTA V music was fairly useless, bar one kanye west song that i liked. I thought they would have had some really good East coast rap, liberty city being based on new york and all.

It was still cool that they got Funkmaster Flex to be the presenter for the hip hop station. And in san andreas the presenter for K-DST was Axl Rose as far as i know.

Oh I hear ya alright. IV had the weakest soundtrack for me. There was some decent tracks on Beat(?), Vladistok and Electro Choc I thought. But no real classics that III, Vice City and San Andreas had in abundance.

I agree with you guys. I mean maybe if IV had the replayability factor like Vice and S.A. I would have got in to some more songs but not really.

There are some classic on the IV soundtrack like the Isley Brothers - Footsteps in the Dark (Ice Cube sampled it on Today Was a Good Day - as heard in San Andreas) and Cerrone's - Supernature... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Big fan of K-DST and V Rock. Lazlo is always fun to listen to. I only recently discovered that Axl Rose from Guns N Roses voiced the K-DST presenter.

Strangely enough I really did enjoy K-Rose.
    Radio X was only alright but Id still listen to it.

K-Chat was downright hilarious, and I think Vice City had some of the funniest commercials.
    WCTR was really good the way it updated so much as you progressed in the story line.

GTA IV radios were pretty terrible imo, and I never got into them at all.

Does anybody remember in GTA 1, when they played that country song and at the end of it the guy says "you know, that was so good, I think im gonna play it again!"..............but he never did, NEVER! :( it really annoyed me.

GTA 2 - taxi drivers must die.

Advertisement