Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros na Run

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I'd say she'll be back...

meh. Doesn't really bother me either way, I don't think she actually contributes much!

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

At a guess I'd say she's in her final year of college so she needs time off.

I like Lee, think she's a good laugh :cool:

Stop the press lads!

Jim O'Dowd is back to kick some ass! Wonder who he's gonna kill.. Riona? Róise? Vince? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

O'Dowd is some piece of work,
    Bastard lófa,

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I reckon O'Dowd will be sleeping with the fishes by the end of tomorrow nights episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

Its hard to know, doubt they'd get rid of him,
    Must be a joy to write scripts around, all those "machiavellian" plans in one small town.
    I'd say he'l run off back to france with tina,

I dunno somebody is gettin killed off, and I don't see them killin off Riona or Róise... so my money is on Jim or Tina.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭onway

Who was murdered....??????

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

Before I spoil it for you, you can watch episodes of Ros na Rún online on the Tg4 website-just click on the tv beo icon, then go to dramaí.

Spoiler alert!

Tina slits Jim's throat after Róise and Ríona manage to escape his grasp with Sophie. Donnacha finds O'Dowd dead and leaves a footprint at the crime scene so now the Gardaí think it's a man that must've killed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭julyjane

Surely it's not a spoiler if it happened last week :D

That Tina one is some piece of work! She's met her match now though ;)

• Advertisement

Loving Ros na Run at the minute!
    Is anyone else really annoying by your one's Irish/ American accent though?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

Yeah I find Molly and Bríd incredibly annoying. The rest of the show makes up for it...Tadhg makes up for everything...flippin' hilarious! They get away with so much on the show, half the time the swearing is much worse than the subtitles make them out to be!

The swearing I think is grand, but I have no idea how they got away with the penis shaped straws for the hen party last night!!!

Been so busy, I haven't seen it since the murder.. I think I'll catch up online tomorrow :)

I was thinking that too, Captainnegative!

I thought Liveline would be flooded with calls!

Nominations for the 2010 boards.ie Soap Awards is now open... Make sure Ros na Rún gets nominated by casting your nominations in this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055907935

Man, they sure do know how to come back with a bang. I cried a bit at the end of that episode - not that I expect happy endings in soap operas, but that was just really really sad...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Every year i start watching this at the start of a season and usually drift off from christmas to april. This year i will go all out to watch it. Best soap on irish tv by a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

I love Ros na Run but I havent seen it tonight because I watch the omnibus on Sunday Nights.

I've watched it from the start but I've been asked a question and I cant for the life of me remember , Did Tadhg and Jason ever take DNA tests or did they just trust Ritas word that Tadhg was his Father?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭baldbear

I watched it earlier and have to say i was a bit shocked by the ending. Was that the first time
    on a soap that someone took there own life? I liked your man.
    I haven't watched it in a while but its a good soap. I won't spoil it for whoevers waiting for the omnibus!

• Advertisement

Thanks for not ruining it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭hynesie08

baldbear wrote: »
    I watched it earlier and have to say i was a bit shocked by the ending. Was that the first time
    on a soap that someone took there own life? I liked your man.
    I haven't watched it in a while but its a good soap. I won't spoil it for whoevers waiting for the omnibus!

Gonna put this in spoilers but
    Didn't sinead?(the doctor) throw herself and her baby off a cliff

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Gonna put this in spoilers but
    Didn't sinead?(the doctor) throw herself and her baby off a cliff

Indeed.
    Yeah, that happened and was a shocking storyline at the time - I think the way they did it with Donnacha though was shocking too - he's had such a horrible year and really a great character and fantastic actor. I'll miss him.
    But I guess its doing stuff like that that makes Ros na Rún the best soap out there. They're not afraid to pull punches.

CaptainNegative , do you know the answer to my question posted above?

Karen23 wrote: »
    CaptainNegative , do you know the answer to my question posted above?

Not certain actually. I vaguely remember there being a DNA test, but I could be thinking of an entirely different soap.

I was thinking the same thing myself

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Philsopher

Excellent opening to the new series last night! Hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

However, it opened up more avenues than it closed and I can see a lot more twists and turns ahead yet before everything is sorted...
    Wasn't a big fan of Donnacha, he used to annoy me no end at times but was sorry to see him leave like that. The guy who played him gave his best ever performance last night. Amazing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭julyjane

Did they issue a warning at the start of Ros na Rún last night that it might be distressing? I had it recorded so fast forwarded right to the start.
    What happened was a bit too close to home for someone in this house
    , and having read the TV guide for Thursday nights and could see that
    the de Burcas would be bringing Donnachas body home
    so I began to suspect what was going to happen so fast forwarded the end too but we could still see it while fastforwarding. My fault, I should have just turned it off.

^They did issue a warning at the start of the episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

It's great that it's back on the box again. Tuesday nights episode was excellent.

Advertisement