Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Grandstand Convertors Omegatron

• 20-05-2012 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

I found one of these recently, don't know much about them so hoping someone in this forum can tell me a few things. There are at least 3 parts missing which all seem to be the red clips that hold the legs in place (i have 1 front one and no back ones).

So, first of all, does anyone know where i could find the missing parts to make it complete? Secondly, a rough value would be nice, either in current condition or if i find the replacement parts. I'm not thinking of selling it but would like to know what it's worth. I found one on ebay which i'm sure is entirely unreasonably priced, but it's the exact same model and the box i have is in the exact same condition so the link might be appropriate...

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/PRE-TF-BLACK-RED-OMEGA-SUPREME-GRANDSTAND-CONVERTORS-OMEGATRON-MIB-/360459691034?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item53ed12641a

Thanks for the help :)

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

If you've have called by the Transformers section, i would've seen this earlier:

1) That price on eBay is too high. There's lots of people chancing their arm these days on anything that looks remotely collectable.

Although it does have some value to it, more so if it still works.

2) "Omegatron" was a an almost direct repackage of a toy called Mechabot1... You might also know that Mechabot1 was repainted into Omega Supreme for the Transformers line.

I'm almost certain the clips for *Omega Supreme* have been reproduced, but real clips are easily enough found on eBay,

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=omega+supreme+clips&_sacat=0

No, the color doesn't match, but if you're handy with paint.

I doubt RED clips have been reprod at all, but you look somewhere closer to home eBay *UK* you might find a junker with replacement parts that you could use?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭snowserpeant

I found one of these recently, don't know much about them so hoping someone in this forum can tell me a few things. There are at least 3 parts missing which all seem to be the red clips that hold the legs in place (i have 1 front one and no back ones).

So, first of all, does anyone know where i could find the missing parts to make it complete? Secondly, a rough value would be nice, either in current condition or if i find the replacement parts. I'm not thinking of selling it but would like to know what it's worth. I found one on ebay which i'm sure is entirely unreasonably priced, but it's the exact same model and the box i have is in the exact same condition so the link might be appropriate...

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/PRE-TF-BLACK-RED-OMEGA-SUPREME-GRANDSTAND-CONVERTORS-OMEGATRON-MIB-/360459691034?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item53ed12641a

Thanks for the help :)
    as this was released as omega supreme from the transformers the parts should be easy to find [even if they are a different colour] have a chat with the guys at "transformers ireland online".its a fan / collector forum and if you are in dublin check with dublin city comics and collectables at 46 bolton st [next to the spar and across from the dit].the lads in there are big tf fans and they should be able to help you

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

Cheers for the help, didn't actually realise there was a transformers forum on here. Shockingly the one i linked to for $400 sold for that a few days ago, still not taking that to be the value of it, though. I'll have a look around and see what i can find, i'd love to have it complete. There's one exactly like it on adverts unboxed and missing parts but don't think they're the same parts.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

If you can get 400 for it, take the money. At best however, i suspect that was a freak transaction.....or just a shill bid so the seller can relist under another account and claim it's worth that.

Advertisement